Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reaper Prime Discussion + Twin Gremlins Complaint.

Pinguefy

I feel anyone who has owned a Reaper Prime can attest that it is a subpar weapon at best. Honestly, I don't see any reason to spend the time to get this other than for how it looks. 

As much as much as I love the aesthetic of the weapon, even its cheaper and possible non prime counterpart, the Ether Reaper, has IDENTICAL stats to it. That to me, completely ruins to the point of going and grinding for a rarer weapon. Also, the Dakra Prime is a similar weapon to the Reaper Prime, both in stats and method of acquisition, but the Dakra Prime is superior in almost every way. What's the point of using the Reaper Prime then? The jump attack knockdown? Please.

So in conclusion, I'd appreciate if it received a buff of some sort. An attack speed buff seems a bit uncharacteristic of this type of weapon, and makes it too similar to the Dakra. So maybe make it hit like a truck with its current fairly slow attack speed, and possibly increase the range? Either way, I'd really like to be able to use this awesome weapon outside of mid-low level missions.

On an unrelated note, as I look for a weapon to take the Acrid's place on the throne of best sidearm, I tried using the Twin Gremlins, and they're not bad! But something I noticed while using them is that you cannot instantly fire after sprinting. On most weapons, hitting left mouse button while sprinting will fire a shot wherever your crosshairs are pointed as well as slowing you to a walking pace. However, hitting the left mouse button with the Gremlins will simply slow you to a walking pace without firing a shot. This is especially a problem for an automatic weapon such as this, given that you generally only click once before resuming your sprint into the next group of enemies. Theoretically, you could just double click every time you want to fire, but I feel that ruins what would be an awesome fast paced weapon somewhat similar to the Twin Vipers in play style.

I'm not sure if this was a deliberate decision or an oversight in design, but I feel that changing this to make it the same as all of the other sidearms would make these weapons even more enjoyable to use.

Thanks for your time.

On an unrelated note, as I look for a weapon to take the Acrid's place on the throne of best sidearm, I tried using the Twin Gremlins, and they're not bad! But something I noticed while using them is that you cannot instantly fire after sprinting. On most weapons, hitting left mouse button while sprinting will fire a shot wherever your crosshairs are pointed as well as slowing you to a walking pace. However, hitting the left mouse button with the Gremlins will simply slow you to a walking pace without firing a shot. This is especially a problem for an automatic weapon such as this, given that you generally only click once before resuming your sprint into the next group of enemies. Theoretically, you could just double click every time you want to fire, but I feel that ruins what would be an awesome fast paced weapon somewhat similar to the Twin Vipers in play style.

I'm not sure if this was a deliberate decision or an oversight in design, but I feel that changing this to make it the same as all of the other sidearms would make these weapons even more enjoyable to use.

Thanks for your time.

Hmmm...I'll test out my Twin Gremlins tomorrow and see if I have the same issue.

And as far as the Reaper Prime goes, sadly everything is mastery fodder compaired to the Galantine.

Mach, that is not true.  The galantine is the best charge attack weapon.  There are several other melee weapons worth taking a look at - any of the throwing weapons, the orthos prime, dual ichors, and of course the mighty dual zoren.  I think there are a couple of others, but I can't think of them offhand.  There is the whole 'most melee weapons are just not worth using', but melee 2.0 is meant to address that.

For the Reaper Prime: Two things.

1. Rare weapons are trophies first, and upgrades second and only sometimes.

2. Melee 2.0

Oh right, I completely forgot about Melee 2.0. *Hope*

I see your point about rare weapons being trophies, but in most cases, the prime version is superior to the majority of non prime weapons as well as its non prime counterpart. While the Ether Reaper technically not related to the Reaper Prime, the Reaper Prime is still around, if not lower, than the viability of most standard weapons.

Hmmm...I'll test out my Twin Gremlins tomorrow and see if I have the same issue.

And as far as the Reaper Prime goes, sadly everything is mastery fodder compaired to the Galantine.

That's true, it might just be a problem with me, although that would be strange given that all of my other weapons don't have that problem. Galatine really does S#&$ on just about every charge weapon, but you and Zhizn also do have a good point where some weapons serve different purposes, which may not even be killing.

Upon further investigation, I realized that the problem with the Gremlins wasn't a "first click, second click" problem, but more of a delay before firing. I also was using a Synapse and noticed that it also had a similar mechanic, but the Twin Gremlins' delay was much more noticeable. The problem here is that it ruins the pacing of the weapons. What makes the Twin Vipers so great is how fast gameplay is as a result of being able to fire instantly. 

I thought it would be a result of firerate, but the delay remained the same even after a maxxed gunslinger and lethal torrent mod installed. I can't really test what the delay is like on other sidearms, since it isn't present on any of my semi automatic weapons or other automatic ones.

Either way, I feel like this delay is detrimental to the pacing of the weapons and should be removed.