Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hand-Based Loadout System

AlchemistMute

This is a change to the current loadout system. Right now, you can equip any Primary, any Secondary and any Melee. You can only have one of the three. This system I'm about to propose will allow you to potentially have two of each, held akimbo, with bonuses and downsides. Let me explain...

Basically, you have three places you can slot a type of weapon: "Left-hand", "Both hands", and "Right-hand." If you put a single weapon into the left or right hand slot, just one, it will automatically be held in both hands. However, if you put two different weapons into the hands, your character will fight with them akimbo, changing animations, attack speeds, accuracy, etc.

Certain weapons, such as most primaries, must be held two-handed, and others only require one hand. Here is the entire list:

2-handed primaries:

Boltor

Braton (or Prime or Vandal)

Burston (or Prime)

Gorgon

Hind

Latron (or Prime)

MK1-Braton

Soma

Supra

Synapse

Tetra

Boar (or Prime)

Drakgoon

Hek

Strun (or Wraith)

Sobek

Tigris

Lanka

Snipetron (or Vandal)

Vectis

Vulkar

Cernos

Dread

Paris (or Prime)

Miter

Torid

Ogris

Penta

Flux Rifle

Ignis

All weapons that can be charged

1-hand primaries:
Karak

Grakata

Dera

2-handed secondaries:

Acrid

Brakk

Bronco Prime

Cestra

Detron

Seer

Sicarus Prime

Despair

Hikou

Kunai

Kraken

All weapons that can be charged

1-hand secondaries:

Seer

Embolist

Spectra

Sicarus

Tysis

All single-handed variants of dual weapons*

*About the current dual pistols in the game, I believe they should be left as is. The idea being that you can specially modify two of the same weapon to share the same mod pool, ammo pool, clip, potato and slot, but this can't be done with two different weapons, appeals to me. Also, attempting to put the weapons of a currently existing dual set (such as two Vastos) together will ask you if you want to buy the blueprint for the dual version. Answer yes and it will do so. Answer no and nothing will happen.

2-handed melees:

Amphis

Bo

Dakra Prime

Machete (or Wraith)

Ether Reaper

Fragor

Scindo

Galatine
Gram

Hate

Lecta

Magistar
Orthos (or Prime)

Reaper Prime

Scoliac

All dual melees*

1-hand melees:

Skana (or Prime)

Ceramic Dagger

Dark Dagger

Heat Dagger

Kama

Cronus

Dark Sword

Ether Sword

Heat Sword

Jaw Sword

Mire

Pangolin Sword

Plasma Sword

Prova (or Vandal)

*See note in the secondaries section. Extending that, attempting to put a dual weapon set such as Heat Sword and Heat Dagger will ask you if you want to buy the blueprint for the dual sword set. If you answer yes, it will automatically attempt to do so. If you answer no, nothing changes.

Holding two primary or secondary weapons akimbo will combine their clip sizes, combine recoil, double fire rate and combine reload times.

Holding a single-handed primary or secondary weapon with both hands will give it increased accuracy and lower recoil.

If you hold an auto with a semi-auto, both guns will fire automatically.

Holding two melee weapons akimbo will change animations to the dual weapon animation, increase attack speed, and decrease critical hit & proc. chances.

Holding a single-handed melee weapon with both hands will vastly increase critical/proc. chance, and will lower attack speed.

The charge speed of any melee set will be the faster weapon's speed.

If two different weapons are held akimbo, their stats will be affected by their own mods. The damage will be different on both weapons, the fire rate for guns will be different*, etc., but the guns will share the same recoil, clip size, and reload times.

*For melees, choose the weapon with the higher fire rate and both weapons will attack at the same time. This is due to attack animations having both weapons attack at the same time during charge attacks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, do you understand what this allows? It means you can fight with a Dera and a Karak held akimbo. It means you can fight with a Heat Dagger and a Dark Dagger. If you want to use a Pangolin Sword with a Heat Dagger, you can. Tysis with Vasto? As strange as that sounds, do it! You can make lots of weapon combos with this system.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it.

Edited by AlchemistMute

And what year do you want this implemented? 2347? There would be a very large amount of work to get this made and it sounds OP and silly in my opinion. Let me just go and dual wield my soma and ogris at once no problem.

Dude, read the entire thread or stop trolling. The Soma and Ogris are both 2-handed weapons, meaning you have to hold them with both hands. You can't dual wield a Soma and Ogris, nor can you dual wield a Brakk and Bronco Prime, but you can dual wield a Viper with a Vasto, because those are single-handed.

Also, dual-wielding weapons DOES come with both pros and cons. Don't worry, I think I've balanced it out pretty well, and there can't be OP combos such as what you suggested.

NIce idea, maybe give it to the devs for review directly, like for a livestream or something.

However, I can see this more or less becoming something used as a warframe power. Duplicate your primary weapon for a short time, firing both it and the clone one handed for more power and such.

Wat.  o.O

Sorry, the Flux & Ignis were supposed to be two-handed.

This just sounds silly.

You could explain what makes this silly in your opinion. Just saying "this sounds silly" doesn't really help at all. What is silly about it?

Edited by AlchemistMute