Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quit It With The Infinite Spawning Enemies!

TisEric

ive had it up to here! (picture me holding my hand real high) with these damn infnite enemy spawning rooms and corner.

its freaking impossible to beat a level solo if this happens to be a level with one of these areas where the nemies just keep piling up from thin air.

its not even the fact that they keep respawning but that they sapwn IMMEDIATLY after an enemy dies so you can kill 1 and another one spawns 0.001 seconds later taking the 1st one place like nothing happend.

anbd this crap happens non stop until you die.

this happens A LOT and the only course of action is to take cover and try to find a way to run past this but even that doesnt help as most of the time those enemies will chase you down and a new area will spawn even MORE enemies infront of you blocking you in.

and if that doesnt happen then Scumbag Lotus will tell you "this has gotten interesting" proceed back to the infinite spawning room for this new mission i was completly unaware of with my super high tech powers of knowing when stuff happens 5 seconds after they happen.

so you have to go back and GUEES WHAT? SAME SITUATION.

REMOVE this from the game its annoying and dumb.

learn to make difficulty skill based and not just sapwn more crap in the players face and overwhelm them.

HELL even if you get away you have wasted enough ammo to be pretty much screwed.

I'm quite sure that there is only a definite set of enemies supposed to spawn whenever you enter a room, not including Defense missions. I've also encountered this problem recently, when S#&$loads of moa's started coming from everywhere, so I'd say that it is a bug, and not intended. Can't be sure,though. It definitely looks like a bug.

The most enemies I ever seen soloing a lev so far from before update7 so from update6-7 was 185 enemies in 1 lev, havent seen any higher unless its on the defense missions, so i would expect that much, so if you do alot of solo work i would suggest grinding for having ammo packs in your inventory.

i have about 100 - 200 enemies nowadays, and sometimes about 350.

i don't mind their numbers, as ammo are easily dropped and we can buy ammo boxes too

my only problem is that their spawn trigger behaviour,

where they spawn in the same room as you,

when they spawn right in front of you,

when they spawn behind you, from a room you just cleared, from a DEAD END room which DOOR YOU JUST PASSED BY A SECOND. GOD. NO.

sandwich, there are enemies, ebrywerrrrrrrr

2nd is Large room or intersection, where there is more than 1 line (like 2 path are joining) then the elites from both room are going into the main room where you are standing.

there you have 4 Heavy Grineers,

there you have 8 Shield Lancers running at you again and again,

there you have 4 packs of Moas, 3 - 4 Shockwaves in each, with a Shield Osprey for each pack

there you have 6 Ancient Disruptor draining your Energy and stagger lock-ing you and a couples of Toxic Ancients rushing at you draining your Health and again, stagger lock-ing you. except with Iron Skin. i love Iron Skin.

i'm playing solo.

Grineers nowadays just rush to where you are in a PACK.

so are Moas.

and nowhere to run from the Ancients party as a stagger-lock-dead-dog-from-hell-of-death-that-is-immune-to-stagger are keep on spawning from every room you just cleared.

i still able to finish every mission without dying tho ('cause i'm awesome), it's just annoying me as it's completely out of logic, unreasonable, and not in the game's fantasy logic possibility.

Edited by Adagio

i have about 100 - 200 enemies nowadays, and sometimes about 350.

i don't mind their numbers, as ammo are easily dropped and we can buy ammo boxes too

my only problem is that their spawn trigger behaviour,

where they spawn in the same room as you,

when they spawn right in front of you,

when they spawn behind you, from a room you just cleared, from a DEAD END room which DOOR YOU JUST PASSED BY A SECOND. GOD. NO.

sandwich, there are enemies, ebrywerrrrrrrr

2nd is Large room or intersection, where there is more than 1 line (like 2 path are joining) then the elites from both room are going into the main room where you are standing.

there you have 4 Heavy Grineers,

there you have 8 Shield Lancers running at you again and again,

there you have 4 packs of Moas, 3 - 4 Shockwaves in each, with a Shield Osprey for each pack

there you have 6 Ancient Disruptor draining your Energy and stagger lock-ing you and a couples of Toxic Ancients rushing at you draining your Health and again, stagger lock-ing you. except with Iron Skin. i love Iron Skin.

i'm playing solo.

Terrific warframe to use as solo is Nyx, one of the best warframes I ever used in the game, use chaos, max that move out and the grineer and mobs will attack each other and not you, and it makes it to where you will not have to spam so much damage to take them out as their damage is transfered to themselves, it's funny as hell also seeing them run and hide and shooting each other :)

Terrific warframe to use as solo is Nyx, one of the best warframes I ever used in the game, use chaos, max that move out and the grineer and mobs will attack each other and not you, and it makes it to where you will not have to spam so much damage to take them out as their damage is transfered to themselves, it's funny as hell also seeing them run and hide and shooting each other :)

ah yeah i heard that Nyx's Chaos is a really awesome crowd control skills. but err, still the spawn behaviour is wrong in any way, i don't mind the spawn numbers if they spawn like before update 6, from another room, not the room we just cleared. this makes the enemies are coming from the other side of the area which is awesome for me, not like now which is just *enemy spawn* and done, kill them or get killed, it feels like nothing special .. it's not as epic as having the feel like i'm fighting a whole army that's trying to kill me for infiltrating their facility.

Edited by Adagio

I solo one infest map yesterday.

kill 200 of them alone, in a map without exit. 100 from my trusty Amphis, another 100 from Paris. Definitely a bug since they just keep coming when you're not looking.

Further, in UP6, I was once solo an infeast mission in Grineer asteroid map. Standing on top of the Grineer diggin machine - looked left, saw a Charger, shot the charger. Looked right, saw another charger, shot it down. Looked left again, another charger showed up in the same place.....It was slightly maddening to see such spawning method, just leave the area out of your sight and they spawned.

Infinate spawns ARE VERY annoying...

I agree but like the others have said it's not so much the *number* of enemies, it's where they are spawning *from*. Spawning from a room you just cleared or a deadend corridor with no doors breaks immersion and feels "fake" - you can tell the game is cheating. It really draws you out of the game as your mind struggles for a moment to realize that the game designers have programmed instant spawns from -=POOF=- nowhere. The logic of the game world gets broken and the illusion being created for the player is too obviously revealed as a false one.

Sometimes enemies really do carefully circle around and get behind you, and once in a while you might not notice one or two that do it, but we're not talking about that. After a while of playing you develop a sense of area awareness and can tell when the game is cheating, and that is what really ends up hurting some of the gameplay credibility of Warframe.