The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Wrong With Zephyr!? Everything Kills Her!

Arlayn

I feel like she's near op.  Too damned good, besides divebomb.  She's like Rhinobaun.   Lack of power damage is her only real weakness.  I feel like she's tough, has solid CC.  I've taken her to ODS and ODD without a problem (also without running vitality, and probably am at 7/10 shields). I don't play her like a sniper, I'm in and out of combat, causing problems and having fun.

Its rare I really get hurt with turbulence, but then again, I have 3 duration mods (duration mod, what is it, fleeting? is at 54%).  I also use her 1 for quick exits and maneuvering around the battle area.  It doesn't really seem to do much damage, but I don't need it for that.

Just got her and kinda like her. Though the Animation of her 3 is kinda huge and irritating and divebomb doesnt seem to deal any damage some times. dropspeed seems quite random with this frame too. sometimes i fall like a stone sometimes i fly like a glider (falling down slow as a feather even though i'm using melee jumpattack is quite akward,,,) Another random thing is a mod i thought might fit her but somehow only randomly procs (under same circumstances it sometimes does sometimes doesn't activate, mod i'm talking about is called heavy impact in english version if i remember right.sending damaging shockwaves if you fall deep enough.

Btw to the dashing in low cieling room : try to jump and then press 1 instead of 2 times 1. safes energy and is way more effective most of the time.

To the Aviator mod, is it just me or could it be that it's dmgreduction applies to shields too? since i exchanged my vitality for it to try out i feel way more durable while in the air (which i am most of the time is it dashing jumping or airsliding with my dualblades)

Havent tried her out in higher lvl missions since she's quite low right now but until now i dont see much of a problem with her durability (only death so far was against the hyena pack as i accidentally accepted that mission with zephyr lvl 0 equipped)

I have only played her for 3.5 hrs so my first thoughts are another squishy, wimpy warframe much like Valyrie which is going to need about 20 hotfixes to get it to be somewhere near a decent frame. Haven't died yet and have played some high level games but it helps when you have OP weapons. Not sure about her abilities her last one causing tornadoes is very hit and miss, visually looks good but in practice seems to have a mind of its own. the other 3 abilities are very average, so overall I am quite disappointed. 

Hope they get the fixes out soon or this will be one of those frames you want to forget quickly.

Attempted Oberon on first try... Epic... attempted Valkyr on first try... Epic... Attempted Vauban on first try... Epic...

Never have I attempted a new frame, and had a series of crashing and burning like this. Not even Saryn was this bad. She was at least able to survive with a molt.

Translation:

Attempted Heal Frame and lived

Attempted Invuln Frame and lived

Attempted CC Frame and lived

Never have you attempted a frame without one of those three.  You're not speaking of Zephyr's problems, you're speaking of Warframe's problems.

No heal + no cc + no invuln = dead dead dead

Edited by Thaumatos

She dies so quick its not even funny... by far it IS the worst warframe in the game! Her first ability doesn't work the way I thought it would (I thought it was going to be like a Megaman X deal which would keep her alive far better). Her armor is non-existent. I used her on Venus. A place any warframe unranked could go and survive, and be leveled up while massacring everything, but Zephyr on the other hand gets wiped out.

Her wind bullet reflection barely reflects if it at all. She drops dead so fast noobs playing with mag/Loki/Excalibur look like pros. It is the saddest thing I have ever witnessed in the game. I can BARELY play Venus without her dropping dead in the first few seconds. All it takes is one moa, and one crewman to down her with barely a fight. Even with the best gun in the game mowing enemies down. A good number of enemies coming from all directions, and a FEW bullets just downs her, and her wind barrier isn't enough to keep her safe. Vitality? Vigor? Redirection? pft... forget about it her shields drop so fast your mind would be blown away. She drops dead faster than a U12 snowglobe in a higher tier section. She drops dead faster than Vor did before his update against Godly players(back when players were Gods) She drops dead so fast you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between that player, and a noob.

Its awful! Her armor, or shield, or something needs to be raised. Her death rate is so high I am literally failing every mission I jump into with her. Its fail mission get a level, and repeat... She cannot win a mission even if noobs join the mission it still fails. She is the most unlucky warframe in the game. I can see why DE put her behind a 1500 oxium wall. Which I agree is crazy, but for GOOD REASON. She is under-developed, and is in dire need of buffing... buffing EVERYWHERE! Just buff it all, and after you buffed her... BUFF HER SOME MORE!!! jeez... she makes Valkyr look like Kratos. She makes Oberon look like Friggin Calgar of the Ultramaines... buff something on her. Anything... anything to make her even slightly better than what she is now...

Anything to increase that survival rate... Its utterly non-existent at this point in time, and she is in dire need of an increase to her health, shield, and armor, and anything that makes her shield seem like paper(no other warframe has this issue on Venus Unranked or otherwise)

really, I was using her on kappa rank 0 and I never died. Maybe it's the player that sucks and not the warframe? just sayin'.

I'm not having any problems with her, although I did die a couple of times starting out. But at that point I was just experimenting with her abilities.

I have Vitality and Redirection on and can sit and take a few rockets to the face by lvl 18+ Bombers and still have a few shields.

As for evading, I usually just jump and Tail Wind unless I have more head room. It knocks mobs down if they're in your trajectory. Sometimes I Dive Bomb for knockdowns around me. I use Turbulence when she's low on shields (doesn't really help much but just in case it decides to be useful) and I use Tornado when there are many mobs near me or when I need an escape. It pulls and ragdolls enemies like Vortex would and even better, it follows them!

She as both high shields and high health but poor armor; saying that she loses her shields faster is impossible : shields aren't affected by Armor so ALL Warframes lose shields to damage at the same speed. Unless of course you spend your time flying all over the place into open fire which would shred any Warframe to pieces.

She's in fact the only frame in the game with both Ash/Saryn's amount of Health (150) and Frost/Rhino's amount of Shields (150) and pretty quick from what I can see. So she's also one of the only Warframe who can eventually have both Health and Shields number into the thousands without taking armor into account if modded with Vigor, Redirection and Vitality.

Though I have not yet played her (working on the researches), the numbers don't lie. I'm sorry, but that's definitively a case of "learn to play Zephyr". And by that, I mean play her more than 24 hours after she was made available.

She's as survivable as anyone else, if not more so, and this is a good part of it.

I have 920 health and 960 shields with a Redirection mod 3 from max and a Vitality mod 4 from max. She's quick, too, so you can avoid fire well enough just by staying moving. I've had mixed results with Turbulence, but haven't really needed it that badly since her health and shields are fairly stacked and she can take a beating because of it.

Zephyr's just fine in the survivability department and much better off than many of the other frames.

If people watched the update 12 highlights from Scott and Steve, Scott did say that Turbulence will deflect bullets, but not make you invincible. I wouldn't be surprised if a bullet or two got through. Otherwise, it'd be a mobile Snowglobe and that's a bit OP.

Otherwise, she's fragile, sure. But with Tailwind, turbulence and Tornado, you really can't go wrong.