Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Y The Detron Nerf?

Eric1738

Penta, man. That's all the love a corpus needs.

The Detron is still pretty beastly, though.

and the grineer still have ogris, u know, even out. detron is still "ok", but it's just very strange DE nerfs something that is fine. was it OP in any sense?

and the grineer still have ogris, u know, even out. detron is still "ok", but it's just very strange DE nerfs something that is fine. was it OP in any sense?

Nothing like we can have all these weapons... no-no, we need to b1tching about something anyway...

I really don't get it... and foremost.. why Detron and not Brakk?

at first i thoght it was a rebalance: lower crit chance increase status chance. fair enough, that could diversify it, especailly i read some thread suggesting such change. now it's just... i have no idea. call me a corpus fanboy if anyone wants, but that's not fair... it's planned genocide...

Edited by Eric1738

I really don't get it... and foremost.. why Detron and not Brakk?

While I'm against nerfs in general (they tend to knacker and render things useless and / or redundant more than they do fix or make things more enjoyable ), I have to agree--WHY the Detron and NOT the Brakk? Especially, when we consider the Brakk cannot be acquired / has a limited number of owners, yet the Detron IS acquirable (though, arguably, overly difficult) though, given this ridiculous, underhanded, and needless nerf: will probably TURN PLAYERS OFF acquiring it now...

...logic DE?

Tut-tut.

To be honest.. the nerf of crit chance makes sense because nearly every other Corpus Weapon has a poor crit chance of around 2.5%, it's lore...

.. but doing that with the Detron without buffing something else in return (like doubling or even trippling the Status chance like requested or narrowing the spread) just makes the Detron worse and worse instead of slowly putting it on par with it's grineer counterpart the Brakk (and i still believe the Detron was intended as a Brakk counterpart with similar performance but different traits).

To be honest.. the nerf of crit chance makes sense because nearly every other Corpus Weapon has a poor crit chance of around 2.5%, it's lore...

.. but doing that with the Detron without buffing something else in return (like doubling or even trippling the Status chance like requested or narrowing the spread) just makes the Detron worse and worse instead of slowly putting it on par with it's grineer counterpart the Brakk (and i still believe the Detron was intended as a Brakk counterpart with similar performance but different traits).

so next step is nerf snipetron and lanka's crit chance to 2.5%. copy that. time to throw away corpus weapons

so next step is nerf snipetron and lanka's crit chance to 2.5%. copy that. time to throw away corpus weapons

I wrote "nearly" .. and Snipetron is still not a Corpus Weapon (Corpus defined by using energy technology) .. it is merely Corpus Manufactured.

i am not talking about the status chance. it's the crit chance from 10% to 2.5%. hey DE if u hate corpus (and their weapons)so much, tell us straight. dont let's guess through those dirty tricks

The change in critical chance is an inconsequential amount of damage lost. The status chance buff could more than make up the difference if Viral or other potent elemental mods are on the weapon. 

the status chance was never buffed. they just show u the expectation value, in case u dont know how to calculate it(unmoded detron still has 10% status chance). the problem is not how much detron got nerf, but why as the title suggests. 10% crit chance is not so good but at least it's way better than 2.5%

the status chance was never buffed. they just show u the expectation value, in case u dont know how to calculate it(unmoded detron still has 10% status chance). the problem is not how much detron got nerf, but why as the title suggests. 10% crit chance is not so good but at least it's way better than 2.5%

Post a link to where a DE say that it is the expectation values please.

I do know how to do the math, but it from observation has been every shot proc or none, was this changed?

^non-host bug. try it in solo mode. wont happen anymore.

Well, they nerfed detron for no apparent reason. I guess Brakk is about to be trimmed, and people should expect that. 

The Ui isn't showing the same 52% without mods as it was last night(now shows 10% without mods). Bugging out Ui is to be expected, I guess.

Going from 10% to 2.5% chance is nearly irrelevant still. It only gave a 5% DPS boost before now it is 1.2%, on a critical mod free detron.

Edited by LazyKnight

While procs and crits are not the same, I guess they are related somehow in the change. If this wasn't per pellet before, and now is, there's your answer.

i believe that was ALWAYS "per pellet"(also other similar weapons didnt change at all, so it has to be detron-specific change). my question has been answer, as energy weapon is "supposed" to have 2.5% crit chance in most cases, though i think it's not logical at all, it's what DE thinks most likely.

if the game designer dislike corpus and treat them unfair, i cant do sh@t, i will just move on. let the corpus be extinct, let their weapons be sh1t.

Edited by Eric1738

i cant do sh@t, i will just move on. let the corpus be extinct, let their weapons be sh1t.

Do you think that Detron needs more damage? The radiation damage it does melts alloy armor. It is one of the best Anti-Heavy Napalm weapons in game right now.

From testing, radiation lowers the base armor of NPC by the same amount they are weak to it, and it gives it the standard damage bonus on top; It function the same way as corrosive damage does on ferrite armor without the corrosive proc. 

Is it just me or did they gave Detron damagefalloff over distance with U12?

havent tested it throughout but when i used it on a survival lately it seemed like it lost arround 20% damage over a few meter Distance (damagenumbers for each pellet not overall damage as that comes from spread)