Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo Mission Fun - Pros & Cons, Thanks De!

(PSN)PiMDx

So the Darvo mission was a great change up from the regular Lotus missions we have been running.

Pros:

His messages had a lot of humor and Easter Eggs in them.

Was great to find out we were Stalking the Stalker!

Would love more Darvo missions even if non-stalker related.

Cons:

When the Stalker showed up and didn't drop anything everyone quit the mission causing Host Migrations.

Suggestion:

For possible future update, if a user aborts a mission like this please give them a timed lockout. Each subsequent abort adds more time. Only in a public game though. It's one thing to farm Solo and in a private party, but there needs to be ways to detour someone in a public game from messing things up.

Thanks,

Pi

Edited by (PS4)PiMDx

So the Darvo mission was a great change up from the regular Lotus missions we have been running.

Pros:

His messages had a lot of humor and Easter Eggs in them.

Was great to find out we were Stalking the Stalker!

Would love more Darvo missions even if non-stalker related.

Cons:

When the Stalker showed up and didn't drop anything everyone quit the mission causing Host Migrations.

Suggestion:

For possible future update, if a user aborts a mission like this please give them a timed lockout. Each subsequent abort adds more time. Only in a public game though. It's one thing to farm Solo and in a private party, but there needs to be ways to detour someone in a public game from messing things up.

Thanks,

Pi

There is a reason why they are quitting.  It was for a few reasons:  1) guaranteed stalker = perfect time to stalker farm.   2) An exploit allowed players to farm the stalker up to 3 times per run.  This was especially useful if the group was helping one player farm.   First time, host leaves, 3 players get another chance at the stalker.  If they kill him fast enough and he doesn't drop what they want, host leaves again, 2 players get another chance at the stalker.  Again?  1 player gets a third chance at the stalker.

So who knows, it could be that they were farming and you just happened to jump into their party unexpectedly.

There is a reason why they are quitting.  It was for a few reasons:  1) guaranteed stalker = perfect time to stalker farm.   2) An exploit allowed players to farm the stalker up to 3 times per run.  This was especially useful if the group was helping one player farm.   First time, host leaves, 3 players get another chance at the stalker.  If they kill him fast enough and he doesn't drop what they want, host leaves again, 2 players get another chance at the stalker.  Again?  1 player gets a third chance at the stalker.

So who knows, it could be that they were farming and you just happened to jump into their party unexpectedly.

Aria, how is it you know what he drops right after killing him? Every time i've encountered him and killed him, I never noticed anything dropping from him in-mission, only after the mission when I check my foundry for the blueprints?

Aria, how is it you know what he drops right after killing him? Every time i've encountered him and killed him, I never noticed anything dropping from him in-mission, only after the mission when I check my foundry for the blueprints?

Bosses drop blueprints in the form of a magenta-colored health orb. In the bottom of the screen where it usually tallies up your credits and resource pickups you'll see "DREAD BLUEPRINT" or something along those lines pop up briefly when you retrieve the orb. You can see an example for yourself by killing the bosses in Mercury and Phobos; since they have a chance of dropping weapon blueprints.

Most of the time the Stalker just drops a Slash Dash mod, just to anger players a little more.

Most of the time the Stalker just drops a Slash Dash mod, just to anger players a little more.

Hahaha...as if we don't already have a million of those. And yep, you're right. I just noticed it down there...I guess I never glanced down, I dunno why but I was expecting it to show up on the side like a mod card

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha...as if we don't already have a million of those. And yep, you're right. I just noticed it down there...I guess I never glanced down, I dunno why but I was expecting it to show up on the side like a mod card

I agree. It should show like mod cards do.