Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Even After Update 12, Corpus Weapons Still Need A Buff

Zyrusticae

Okay, so the buff the Flux Rifle got is pretty nice. 

But it's not enough. 

Let's just take a quick look at the stats on DPSFrame (same mods on all three):

Tetra7199 DPS
Flux Rifle6706 DPS 

Dera6211 DPS

The problem should be immediately obvious, but in case anyone here doesn't know, the Dera and Flux Rifle both require research and a LOT of crafting time AND mastery ranks before they can be used, whereas the Tetra has no such prerequisites. In other words, the Tetra is the more powerful weapon despite being considerably easier to attain and to use. That's wrong. That's very wrong. 

Now, personally, I'm not one to use mastery ranks as a reason to buff the crap out of weapons (frankly, I think that's a cop-out), but the manufacturing requirements alone dictate that the harder-to-build weapons should at least give you SOME bang-for-your-buck. Instead, there's literally no reason to go past a Tetra if you just want an energy-blasting pulse rifle besides maybe style. At the very least, I expect the most expensive weapon to have a marginal DPS advantage over the others (i.e. the Flux Rifle should be doing more damage than either the Tetra or the Dera), though not necessarily as much of an advantage as the Prime weapons have over their regular counterparts (something that warrants another topic, I might add). 

In other words, please give the Dera and Flux Rifle a buff. And while you're at it, an adjustment to the Supra's projectile speed wouldn't go unappreciated, either. Thanks, and have a nice day. :')

Edited by Zyrusticae

Imo, buff Flux Rifle and swap Dera and Tetra around regarding market and research. Why?

Tetra is this weapon "out of nowhere" that seems like something you would have to research about to get a hold of in the first place.

Dera is a supercommon weapon used by Corpus Crewmen. Just yank one from them and sell it on the market.

EDIT: Actually, most weapons could use an overhaul regarding which ones should be on the market as blueprints and which ones should be in the research labs.

Edited by Azamagon

Would the DPS on those weapons be with procs added into them? Because the Flux's dps could not possibly be that low with the new 25% status chance.
You can even buff that to a confortable 50% status chance with malignant force and hammershot/Rifle Aptitude.

IIRC, the status chance on continues weapon is by the second
25% per second is pretty damn low.

Say, Supra fires 12 bullet a second.
and it's status chance is a mere 2.5%

How ever, by math, the chances of Supra affecting status AT LEAST ONCE is

1-.975^12 = 26.2%

That's higher than the Flux Rifle....
and Supra is one of the lowest status chance late game rifle you can find.

Would the DPS on those weapons be with procs added into them? Because the Flux's dps could not possibly be that low with the new 25% status chance.
You can even buff that to a confortable 50% status chance with malignant force and hammershot/Rifle Aptitude.

IIRC, the status chance on continues weapon is by the second

25% per second is pretty damn low.

Say, Supra fires 12 bullet a second.

and it's status chance is a mere 2.5%

How ever, by math, the chances of Supra affecting status AT LEAST ONCE is

1-.975^12 = 26.2%

That's higher than the Flux Rifle....

and Supra is one of the lowest status chance late game rifle you can find.

Also keep in mind because of the 25% It can be increase to 50% Easily which makes it a force to be reckoned with especially with viral en radiation damage equipped.

Here is the problem.... Even at 50% with mods, it's still too low

Example, Krak
fire rate 18.5,
Status chance 7.5%
let's say the player is conservative... and only fires 10 bullets in one second

that is still a proc rate of 54% at least once per second without any proc mod.
and Krak is on a similar level (slightly higher) dps compare to the flux.

Don't get me wrong, Flux rifle is the firs gun I have ever five formaed,
and it remain to be one of my all time favorite until damage 2.0.
I want it to be at least on par to all its rank 6 clan techs as much as anybody.

How ever, the recent buff in proc rate would not save the flux rifle from it's deadly low dps (even after buff)
since most non continues weapon does proc better.

Edited by Innosin