Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Tie The Effects Of The Abilities To The Frame's Rank?

Kethus

I've read that there is an ability that will use the frame's weapon damage or something like that, so it's probably possible to use the value of a frame's rank as some sort of a multiplier. Currently there are abilities that are broken in early game and useless in late game because they don't scale. Yes, I'm mostly refering to Frost's resent nerf on his snow globe, but I've also heard people complain about Excalibur's slash dash and Oberon's general inability to deal damage, I haven't unlocked Frost myself yet, but I find slash dash less and less useful, except for probably escaping.

You know, its honestly not such a horrible idea. It'd at least give a bit more variety than the "4 ranks and done" system we have at the moment and will seriously help with scaling of frame powers in the beginning.

That said, not to depress you, but the main issue behind the scaling of powers is simply because Warframes have a level cap, while enemies do not, Regardless of what happens, eventually enemies will get too strong for Warframe powers to catch up.

It wont make sence to tie the warframe's ability to anything else, except if the Tenno is visibly using their weapon while performing it.

You know, its honestly not such a horrible idea. It'd at least give a bit more variety than the "4 ranks and done" system we have at the moment and will seriously help with scaling of frame powers in the beginning.

That said, not to depress you, but the main issue behind the scaling of powers is simply because Warframes have a level cap, while enemies do not, Regardless of what happens, eventually enemies will get too strong for Warframe powers to catch up.

Well, yes, but I'm talking about abilities being ineffective at level 25, that's under the level cap.

Edited by Kethus