Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"paywalls" & Dojo Research

BCRLarias

A paywall is a system that prevents you from using something without spending money. Crafting items in the dojo that take some time is not a paywall - you can get the items without paying.

Let's cut back some of the hyperbole, eh? If you have a problem with it taking 9 days to get then just say so. Don't exaggerate your argument - it makes you look silly. 
Edited by BCRLarias

A paywall is a system that prevents you from using something without spending money. Crafting items in the dojo that take some time is not a paywall - you can get the items without paying.

Let's cut back some of the hyperbole, eh? If you have a problem with it taking 9 days to get then just say so. Don't exaggerate your argument - it makes you look silly. 

I want a copy of your newsletter too.

Sadly while your words are good it amounts to whispering at a typhoon of butt-hurt and rustled jimmies.

I want a copy of your newsletter too.

Sadly while your words are good it amounts to whispering at a typhoon of butt-hurt and rustled jimmies.

Eh, I saw it all the time on the League of Legends forums. People get mad. They need to calm down and talk like civilized adults instead of saying stupid things like "paywall."  Want to see a paywall? Go look at Neverwinter. Jesus. 

WE need a gif

ku-medium.gif

Be careful with what you wish for.  XD

Seriously a few days is not a big deal.  There is no race to see who gets a few thousand mastery points faster, there's no reward for it and there is no content locked beyond Mastery Rank 14 or something.

EDIT:  I'm agreeing with all of you guys.  ;)

Edited by sushidubya

It´s a paywall, timelimited but paywall. People with plat can play new frame. People without plat have to wait 10 days. We can discuss if its a fair way to release things and make money or not, but the paywall exist. I´m not happy(long wait for this update and the only new thing i can do is a boring new mission type), but IMHO a timelimited paywall its better than a RNG wall(damn detron).

ku-medium.gif

Be careful with what you wish for.  XD

Seriously a few days is not a big deal.  There is no race to see who gets a few thousand mastery points faster, there's no reward for it and there is no content locked beyond Mastery Rank 14 or something.

EDIT:  I'm agreeing with all of you guys.  ;)

That's not "a giant vortex filled with gorillas and red buttocks."  but thanks!

It´s a paywall, timelimited but paywall. People with plat can play new frame. People without plat have to wait 10 days. We can discuss if its a fair way to release things and make money or not, but the paywall exist. I´m not happy(long wait for this update and the only new thing i can do is a boring new mission type), but IMHO a timelimited paywall its better than a RNG wall(damn detron).

Time limiting is not paywall. If you can earn the item in the game at a reasonable pace, then there is no wall. Look up the definition for wall. 

Is not the paywall which is problem , is only news player getting rip off , VOLT 50 OC oh come on he does not worth that much

If you aren't in a clan and really don't want to join one then he is. Its not like people have to spend their own money to get plat any more now that we have trading.

If you aren't in a clan and really don't want to join one then he is. Its not like people have to spend their own money to get plat any more now that we have trading.

I don't know why someone would refuse to join a clan. If they'll have you it's not like its a requirement to do stuff with your clan or anything. Hell if you wanted you could join my clan get all the research bp and the ask to be removed I've got no problems with that. Or start your own 1 person clan, the costs are scaled to not be terribly unreasonable for tiny clans.

Edited by NevanChambers

I don't know why someone would refuse to join a clan. If they'll have you it's not like its a requirement to do stuff with your clan or anything. Hell if you wanted you could join my clan get all the research bp and the ask to be removed I've got no problems with that. Or start your own 1 person clan, the costs are scaled to not be terribly unreasonable for tiny clans.

I can see refusing to join a clan, some people are uncomfortable with it for any number of reasons. In my case its because I take LONG hiatuses and would feel kinda bad about coming back every few weeks or months having contributed nothing but my amazing personality.

That said I cannot see why you wouldn't make a One Man Clan and build your own dojo, granted it DOES take about 5-10 forma to build up all you need for the research labs, but I earned them through the miracle of Void running.

If you refuse to join a clan, you can still sell mods and use the plat to buy the suit. 

People need to understand what "consequences" are - if you are making a choice not to join a clan then the consequence is that you miss out on clan items.