Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Research....

Ootarion

Oxium costs (and all other research costs, for that matter) change based on clan size. It's only 380 total for a Ghost Clan.

So yes, I really am going to sit here and tell you I got all the Oxium my clan needed in just a few runs. Because I did.

Then your going to have to explain. How many members are IN your clan? And just exactly how much did you need for your clan's research for Zephyr? IE the Zephyr research itself, cause for my clan it costs 6k.

Edited by Ootarion

Then your going to have to explain. How many members are IN your clan? And just exactly how much did you need for your clan's research for Zephyr? IE the Zephyr research itself, cause for my clan it costs 6k.

My clan currently has 7 people in it. 10 or less members is a Ghost clan, and building a barracks increases the clan's size by one rank. Every time your clan goes up a rank, research costs also go up, because you'll typically have more members to contribute to the costs. For a Ghost clan, the research cost for Zephyr is 380 total (200 for the base BP, 60 each for the helm, chassis, and systems).

The ranks go from Ghost (10 max), to Shadow (30), Storm (100), Mountain (300), and Moon (1000). If I were to build a Shadow barracks and increase my clan from Ghost to Shadow, all of our research costs (not just Zephyr) would increase, because we would have room to have more people to contribute.

Edited by Vargras

Dude, have you even read any of his posts?  First of all, he's said repeatedly that he's in a ghost clan.  Also, to quote "My clan has 7 people in it."

You are in a Mountain clan, therefore 6k.

Reading is fundamental.

I don't see the problem of taking ~9 days to build a Zephyr.

I think there's now an expectation from some players that every new update should bring immediate satisfaction. This in turn leads to DE constantly churning out hundreds of new weapons, Warframe, etc, to keep the community happy, whilst sacrificing actual game development in order to do so.

What players really want is more content - that's the long term picture. DE needs to ignore the noise and focus on things that actually improve the gameplay and content. This way they might actually be able to move on from Beta. 

Slowing down players in acquiring new Warframes and weapons is a good strategy - it's called pacing, it gives DE time to focus on other things. Those who can wait will wait, those who can't can buy them with plat. Those who can't wait and don't want to buy with plat - well, there you go DE, you've identified a portion of players who don't use plat and don't want to follow process. They want it now, they want it for free, and they want you to continue churning out weapons and Warframes - is that the target market you were aiming for? I thought not.

This guy won the thread, and he's a PS4 player with only 4 posts. Now unless he's an alt, that means he's a much newer player to Warframe than many of us, and yet he has the most concise, well thought out, and winning post in this thread.

PC/older players, I am disappoint.

If you can't wait you can buy Zephyr with platinum, or you can wait 9+ (6 days for research 3 days and 12 hrs to craft) days to get it for free. Have you played any other free to play games? I guarantee you Warframes method of free to play is better than most if not all. And besides Clantech has been like this even before U12 why expect something else? Also, you can farm for nice mods and sell then for plat, basically, you can buy her using plat just by playing the game. 

My clan currently has 7 people in it. 10 or less members is a Ghost clan, and building a barracks increases the clan's size by one rank. Every time your clan goes up a rank, research costs also go up, because you'll typically have more members to contribute to the costs. For a Ghost clan, the research cost for Zephyr is 380 total (200 for the base BP, 60 each for the helm, chassis, and systems).

The ranks go from Ghost (10 max), to Shadow (30), Storm (100), Mountain (300), and Moon (1000). If I were to build a Shadow barracks and increase my clan from Ghost to Shadow, all of our research costs (not just Zephyr) would increase, because we would have room to have more people to contribute.

Alright then, I stand corrected, but to be fair your clan is small, im in a bigger one and evidently not many people are contributing, I often wonder how many people are usually active in my clan.

Dude, have you even read any of his posts?  First of all, he's said repeatedly that he's in a ghost clan.  Also, to quote "My clan has 7 people in it."

You are in a Mountain clan, therefore 6k.

Reading is fundamental.

I didnt even know that Clan Size had anything to do with resource costs in clan research till he told me, next time ask me if I knew before assuming that I ought to know.

I didnt even know that Clan Size had anything to do with resource costs in clan research till he told me, next time ask me if I knew before assuming that I ought to know.

If you go into a discussion topic people will respond to you with the assumption you have some background information in regards the subject.  People will almost never ask in that fashion you are requesting since it is a message board not a live chat room.  If people don't know then they have been informed when it is mentioned.  If discrepancies occur you should double check with resources like the wiki to understand.

I can get around 20-40 oxium in one Kappa run. It's not that big of a deal. My clan is currently waiting for the 3 day research for the main blueprint to be finished. Nobody's complaining in my clan since you can just wait it out.