Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Can We Please Be Able To Craft Multiple Of The Same Item?

InvaderMEEN

It's really frustrating to me that I am limited to crafting just 1 Detonite Injector/Forma/Feilderon/What have you every 12 hours without rushing. Can we please be able to craft multiple of the same item, provided we have the materials to craft them?

Perhaps, to rebalance it so as to keep the current system's "time cap" on crafting ClanTech weapons, it could cost an increasingly larger amount of credits to build multiple of the same item at the same time? For example, you go to craft a second Team Heal Restore x10, but the first Team Heal Restore x10 is still building, so it prompts you with: "You already have this item under construction. Would you like to start building another at a higher cost?" If you select yes, it costs 1.5x the credits it normally does to begin crafting. Then if you build a third, it costs 1.5x the amount of credits it took to build the second, and so forth.

EDIT: How's about this: We can queue multiple of the same item, so we aren't forced to log in at weird hours just to be able to use the time you're not online? Credit to Loswaith for the idea. Also, a "cancel build" button would be really nice, in case you accidentally build two of the same warframe component.

What are your guy's thoughts? Obviously the numbers here would need tweaking and balancing, but do you think the concept would fit?

Edited by InvaderMEEN

I think the system is perfectly fine. If you want the item now then spend the plat to rush it (that is the whole point of the system).

I just think it terribly unrealistic. Seriously? A futuristic foundry that can build an infinite amount of unique items at once, but when you try to build two of the same item at the same time, it says "OH NO! IT'S TOO MUCH FOR ME! I'LL DIE!"

its a time waster. its there as a time barrier so you are encouraged to use monies if you are impatient.

sounds shady but really its a small price to pay for a free game. one that is this polished and has so much new content so often.

its not about realism. not in a game where you play a space ninja anyways. fighting clones and mutant space zombies or whatever.

The system is fine as is, I think. It's obviously intentional because they want you to pay for rushing items. Not -ideal- but I'll deal with it.

It would be really nice though, if we could set up the foundry so that it will automatically make that second item when the first item finishes, (provided you have the resources of course.)

its a time waster. its there as a time barrier so you are encouraged to use monies if you are impatient.

sounds shady but really its a small price to pay for a free game. one that is this polished and has so much new content so often.

its not about realism. not in a game where you play a space ninja anyways. fighting clones and mutant space zombies or whatever.

I wouldn't say it's polished...

But whoever is working on presentation and aesthetic design is doing a great job, no doubt.

Queuing would be good, concurrently I disagree with.  Usually its things like resources or consumables are what you need to make multiples of, the time sink is part of the having to wait or spend platinum.

A delay simply because you couldnt log in at X or Y time to start the next one because you are doing stuff in real life, shouldnt mean you miss out on utalising that time.

Queuing would be good, concurrently I disagree with.  Usually its things like resources or consumables are what you need to make multiples of, the time sink is part of the having to wait or spend platinum.

A delay simply because you couldnt log in at X or Y time to start the next one because you are doing stuff in real life, shouldnt mean you miss out on utalising that time.

This actually is a really good idea. It would save me a lot of frustration, that's for sure.

Also, perhaps a "cancel build" button?

EDIT: How's about this: We can queue multiple of the same item, so we aren't forced to log in at weird hours just to be able to use the time you're not online? Credit to Loswaith for the idea. Also, a "cancel build" button would be really nice, in case you accidentally build two of the same warframe component.

What are your guy's thoughts? Obviously the numbers here would need tweaking and balancing, but do you think the concept would fit?

I like the idea. Queuing is fair and allows us to make multiple of the same items, but we still have to wait the full amount of time for the items to finish. It should also satisfy people looking for these type of foundry options to make it into a warframe app of some sort.