Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Water Warframe Idea

-ExcaliburPrime-

Considering that Warframe is in it's beta stages still and rolling out new warframes every major update, and that I am really looking forward to a water element warframe. Considering they already have Ember - the fire warframe, Volt - the electric warframe, Zephyr - the air/wind warframe, etc. I was thinking of a new warframe with water abilities/skills.

The name of the new warframe could be Triton (son of Poseidon), that has health of 150(450 at rank 30), power of 150 (225 at rank 30), armor of 15.0, shield 100 (300 at rank 30) and sprint speed of 1.1.

The powers could be as following:

Aqua Trident

- Costs 25 energy

- Ability range of 10/15/20/25m

- Deals slash or piercing damage

- Decapitates or pierces enemies to environment

- If piercing damage, similar to bow effect, the dead corpses will ragdoll into other enemies dealing damage.

Water Orb

- Costs 25 energy

- Sets a trap like device on the floor, and when stepped on will activate a sphere around the enemy/friend

- If a enemy steps on the trap, they are surrounded by a ball of water, stopping all movement, as they thrash around, dealing drowning damage over time (only affects 1 enemy)

- If friend steps in the trap, the water ball covers them from incoming damage, only a proportion of damage will be blocked out, e.g. max ranked skill blocks out 75% of damage

- At max rank, skill duration lasts 7.5/10/15/20 seconds

- Cannot protect cyropods

Liquid State

- Costs 75 energy

- Triton goes into a liquid state, invulnerable to any damage, all projectiles and melee passes through as if there is no warframe

- Projectiles and melee attacks, still travel through and damage other warframes

- Skill duration lasts 7.5/10/15/20 seconds

Edit: Duration decreased down to 4/6/8 seconds

Pisedon's Fury

- Costs 100 energy

- Triton calls upon his father's help

- Triton is enveloped in a masculine water suit, with giant fists

- Triton is invulnerable to damage, but similar to Liquid state, projectiles and melee attacks pass through

- Water suit is shape of Pisedon, and primary fire fires water bolts (10/15/20/25m), and melee attacks have the fists transform to water blades.

- When in Pisedon's Fury, Triton's speed is slowed down to the speed of rhino's walk

- Skill duration lasts 7.5/10/15/20 seconds

Edit: Duration decreased down to 7.5/10/12.5/15 seconds

I hope everyone can read this and tell me what they think, and if everyone likes my idea I hope the developers will include this warframe :)

Edited by Dragom2200

Last two skills are much overpowered

For liquid state, I was using the idea of Trinity's old Link ability (where you would have a small tanking time), and instead of redirecting the damage back to the linked targets, projectiles just pass through, meaning that other warframes can and will still get damaged.

For Poseidon's Fury, I was using the idea of Valkyrie's Hysteria, but instead of using claws with 300 damage per strike, I was thinking that the melee attacks would deal 100, and the firing attack would deal 200-300.

3 and 4's invulnerability effects need toned back 20 seconds (pre-duration mods) is a massive timeframe to be immune to damage.

Okay I see how it is overpowered now, thanks for that Irorone, Going to edit the last 2 skills

Liquid State now lasts 4/6/8 seconds

Poseidon's Fury now lasts 10/12.5/15 seconds (this has to be higher in duration as Triton's speed slows down to rhino's walking pace to allow for travelling time)

Those timeframes look quite a bit better and since the 4 skill only effects the player the effect being longer lasting than Trinity's blessing isn't a bad thing. Just a thought on the 4 name "Poseidon Scion" (went with scion cause if I went with avatar the fans of the cartoon show would start saying yay or nay just on the name, and it kinda fits the mythology better since Triton could be considered as Poseidon's chosen or favorite).

Edited by Irorone

• 1 month later...

i want my waterframe to have large healing ability, that removes and prevents status affects in an AoE

and maybe something that helps with movement, like sliding

and how about soemthing that utilizes water in the environment?

Edited by Kiflaam

Can't we take a break from elemental warframes for a while I want to see something different for once, every concept with powers always takes the elemental route.

Ugh, apparently no, no we cannot. Water frame confirmed in live stream.

Too many elementals how about a Warframe called Dog

Ability 1: Bite - Bite the enemy dealing high damage

Ability 2: Sense Seeker - Dog seeks out mods and resources and it appears on mini map

Ability 3: - Growl - Buffs enemies Melee attacks by 50%

Ability 4: Bone Crusher - Dog controls the bones of the enemies crushing them dealing high damage and giving him energy orbs from it

Can't we take a break from elemental warframes for a while I want to see something different for once, every concept with powers always takes the elemental route.

many frames have been themed to closly resemble rhino and valkyr in the pure melee department, basically an evelution of excalibur

All other normal concept have been taken, we already have a tank, healer, assassin and berserker warframes, what else can there be?

there aer still plenty of concepts left to tackle. But in keeping with the ninja theme, they haven't even touched some of the more out there types. Summoning they barley scraped with nekros. a failed attempt in my opinion, those stupid clones get in my way more then help, but they still act as cannon fodder which helps in their own right.

Too many elementals how about a Warframe called Dog

Ability 1: Bite - Bite the enemy dealing high damage

Ability 2: Sense Seeker - Dog seeks out mods and resources and it appears on mini map

Ability 3: - Growl - Buffs enemies Melee attacks by 50%

Ability 4: Bone Crusher - Dog controls the bones of the enemies crushing them dealing high damage and giving him energy orbs from it

Feral themed warframes have been a personal favorite idea of my own. I'd love to play a tenno version of a wolf, they already have proof of oncept with this new 'pet' that might be replacing sentinels, so no one can say its not possible. But people dont' seem to like the idea to much. search the threads long enough you'll find a lot of us with diffrent concepts on this.