Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physical Damage Mods

Hixlysss

This is more of a question than feedback. Why do physical damage mods not function like their elemental counterparts? To specify why do they not pull from the total damage as elemental damage mods do. I understand you can't really "add" puncture to a flamethrower, but why can't I get 30% of my 200 slash damage as impact damage instead of 30% of my impact damage added to my impact damage.

I bring this up because there is still the "issue" of "Stack elemental damage, win." There is no reason to go pure physical damage, to be effective you have to ALWAYS put SOME elemental damage on something. Why? Because you either A: lack the physical damage that works against a certain armor/flesh/shield type which ties into B: You don't do enough damage.

So we are back to "Stack elemental damage, do nothing else." when honestly...I'd like to have some variety beyond that. I'd like to be able to toss on my physical damage mods to compensate for what I'm lacking for, up my fire rate, lower my recoil, and just shoot stuff without them exploding in fire/lightning/gas/freezing.

Well isnt that what slash, puncture, and impact are for. Slash is direct health damage, Impact hurts shields, and puncture does more damage to armor. Its also why they have 3 different versions of every weapon type to give them diversity. So say you like a weapon that does great slash damage out of the other two which are better at the other options then you can compensate its lack of actual shield damage by giving it a magnetism effect with elements. That combined with your natural slash proc will decimate a corpus when its only good against none shielded/armored enemies. Then increase the status effect so it does more proc frequently. Just my opinion on the whol element vs non element take. 8D

Well isnt that what slash, puncture, and impact are for. Slash is direct health damage, Impact hurts shields, and puncture does more damage to armor. Its also why they have 3 different versions of every weapon type to give them diversity. So say you like a weapon that does great slash damage out of the other two which are better at the other options then you can compensate its lack of actual shield damage by giving it a magnetism effect with elements. That combined with your natural slash proc will decimate a corpus when its only good against none shielded/armored enemies. Then increase the status effect so it does more proc frequently. Just my opinion on the whol element vs non element take. 8D

That is a valid point, but I should not be forced into using magnetic just to compensate for not being able to take down shields. Another option should be to add more impact damage to take out their shields.

Also you said it yourself, Slash is for health, Impact for shields, Puncture for armor. But on the flip side, Viral for health, Corrosive for Armor, Magnetic for shields.

My whole point is I do not want to be forced, again FORCED, into putting elemental damage on my gun to make it effective when the physical damage can do the SAME THING. Impact hurts shields, Magnetic hurts shields, yet I have to pick magnetic over adding impact damage because I don't have enough impact damage on my gun.

Although this only matters on weapons that actually have all 3 physical damage types, for the elemental weapons such as the flamethrower I'd LOVE to be able to put impact on it but I can't and the Dev's have said no, but it is a elemental weapon so it should benefit from elemental mods. Weapons with physical damage should benefit from physical damage mods.

I agree i dont use the Ignis at all because it requires that i put more elemental stuff on it just to change its type. And its Toxic for health Corrosive for armor and Viral for shields. And most of those ONLY have one effect which is stupid. You also have 3 different weapons so hopefully the other two compensate for the specific lack of damage and you might be with friends who can pick up your slack in certain departments AND your warframe powers. Those are just examples of how you as a player can skip over the elemental aspect.

BUT i do see what you mean. Like the Prova, Ignis, and any of those clan based mutagen weapons. all of them are forced with ONLY an element! which is sucky :/

I agree i dont use the Ignis at all because it requires that i put more elemental stuff on it just to change its type. And its Toxic for health Corrosive for armor and Viral for shields. And most of those ONLY have one effect which is stupid. You also have 3 different weapons so hopefully the other two compensate for the specific lack of damage and you might be with friends who can pick up your slack in certain departments AND your warframe powers. Those are just examples of how you as a player can skip over the elemental aspect.

BUT i do see what you mean. Like the Prova, Ignis, and any of those clan based mutagen weapons. all of them are forced with ONLY an element! which is sucky :/

Prova should do some physical damage cause it has physical parts you hit people with. On top of of the ignis issue...yeah that is something of a problem but the devs have said you can not add physical damage only add to existing physical damage. I'd be fine with putting magnetic or some such on my ignis to compensate.

Essentially the system seems to force you to either use elemental damage, or it forces you to use a weapon you don't like only because it has enough of a certain physical damage type to compensate for the lack of it on another weapon. That system is something you should NOT do, you should NOT force players to use weapons for the sake of diversity. They should be able to become attached to a weapon and mod it how they please to be useful in all situations. Maybe not AS useful as something else, but EFFECTIVE.

Yeah, those mods need something.  As it is they can be removed and nothing will be lost.

Honestly this. They are useless. It's pretty much steel fiber all over again. Steel fiber is only effective on Valkyr. The physical damage mods are only effective on weapons that have A LOT of that physical damage such as the Drakgoon.

Saddened that this thread is being ignored. 

I just looked at the Physical damage mods and not only are they only adding from the stat they're buffing, they don't even give 15% unless they're melee.  Why do they vary from 5% to 15%?  Why are they 100% worse than elemental mods?  Please, I want these mods to be viable.