Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Haos, Void Priest (Now With Better Art)

-Berserk-

Haos of the Abyss

Of the Void Born Tenno, some fell further into the blinding night than others. Haos connection to the ravenous dark grants him power over the crushing shadows of the Abyss. Feedback, critique, and suggestions needed.

3gF7o5z.jpg

Stats

Health- 100- 300

shields- 100- 300

armor-15

Power- 125- 200

Sprint Speed- 1.0

stamina- 80

Polarity- 4x power, 2x utility and 1x utility polarity slot

Powers

1; Bane- Projectile, seeking. Affected enemies  take more damage from all sources based on a percentage of their health.  5/10/15% for 4/7/10 seconds 

(boss hunting and high priority targets)

power strength- percentage of damage increase

power duration- duration of effect

2; Shroud- AoE. Once activated Haos and squad members gain a second shield - shroud duration; 3/6/10. Shroud health 200/400/600, Cooldown 5/10/15

power duration- Duration of second shield

Power Range- Radius of effect.

(Void step replaced with Shroud, Teleport mechanic could prove problematic, keep it simple stupid.)

3; Wild hunt- Projectile, seeking . Random status on effected units, as well as taking more damage from all sources. Orb count ; 10/15/25, Effect duration 10/15/20, Damage increase 10/15/20%

Power strength- Percentage of damage increase

power duration- duration of effect

4; Ebony Maw- Projectile, seeking. If the target is killed the projectile seeks out a new target with its damage increased based on a percentage of the last victims health at time of death. With each kill the mass picks up speed seeking out enemies until none are in range or it fails to kill an enemy 600/800/900 starting damage. 15/25/30% damage increase on kill.

Power strength- damage at cast

Power  range- How far the orb will travel to seek out new targets

Haos is a lumbering support Frame his powers focus on a fire and Forget Mentality, and supports his team by crippling the enemy and synergizing with his team mates. Between Sonar, War cry, Chaos, and Roar, a team supported with Haos can decimate the enemy.

Lore

Bane- Haos allows potent void energy into real space, the inky black mass is set loose like a mad dog hunting for a target to smother in crushing darkness.

Shroud- Haos unleashes a cloud of void dust creating a shroud of protective energy around himself and his team.

Wild Hunt- There is no satiating the hunger of the Abyss, only placating it. The wild hunt sets loose a pack of Bane orbs to devour the enemies of the Tenno.

Ebony Maw-  Haos serves as a conduit for the jaws of oblivion, Ebony Maw Hunts and consumes matter with freighting zeal, becoming stronger after every victim.

Design

He should look emaciated and gaunt, not infected or diseased like Saryn but like a great burden wares on him, he is not psychologically or physically well. In terms of size He would be closer to Volt and Loki than Excalibur or Ash, but not the skin and bones of Nekros.

The theme of his appearance, would be of a monk or priest of a religious order. The organic metal look of Loki, Frost, and Excalibur has allot of potential for some Lovecraft inspired motifs, so think future space Pope of the Flesh Metal Ninja Cult.

I want to capture that Haos is in control of the ravenous Abyss, keeping it from devouring everything. A black inky core, surrounded by the Tenno Power color of choice.

Gif representing Bane, Wild hunt Orbs

K2fIH29.gif

Art

Sketches removed, they did not properly convey his theme, I found the image above to help show what I'm thinking.

Edited by ChubbyWarhead

Dig it.

I really really like Ebon Maw because there seems to be a dev intent where damage gets abandoned and downplayed as levels go up, and you're expected to shift towards using utility. Not all players WANT to play utility frames. Some people really like damage dealing, and Ebon Maw sounds like a good way to give that to them, without actually taking over the whole frame and making it a mage.

By having to kill the first target, the player can't just press 4 and vaporize everything. They have to set it up by weakening something, and at even higher levels weakening a whole group of enemies so the Ebon Maw can grow in strength enough to start noming on lots of targets. Similar to Acelerant, Wild Hunt/Bane are going to set you up to keep your magey damage going, but now you're talking a full mage setup, where he could also be played without Ebon Maw as a support/duration setup giving the team the damage buffs.

Really really like it.

Shadow Step is cool, but IMHO it requires too much from your allies. It seems like a simple thing to say they 'dodge' but after playing as long as I have, I really haven't seen a ton of dodge use on other players. From their end they would need to actually recognize what the power does or know ahead of time, notice that it has been cast on them, and then choose when to change behavior and dodge within the duration. I think that's too many steps and you're going to lose a lot of shield HP and duration time to people that are just not using it much.

I would convert it to something like a defensive version of Ash's Teleport . Instead of TP to an enemy and stun them or ally and nothing, make it TP to an ally and shield both of you or TP to an enemy and shield all allies in a PBAoE. Second effect also prevents knockdown (second separate effect so they still stop the knockdown even if the shield is broken by the damage) on you and all allies you shield. Support / Mage with all these + damage powers should not have any offense on the TP skill IMHO.

I also agree with Koolen. Your stats are really wonky looking compared the skills and lore. Kit strikes me as middle of the road with good power, and lore strikes me as shield tank and low speed. Stats are super squishy, low power and ultra fast? Need to clean that up.

I love this, it's so cool sounding. I would love to see an actual design.

Some suggestions: Make the percentage damage effect double or even triple in strength so its effect is noticeable and useful, It only hits one enemy anyway

maybe on the second ability the shroud would be removed upon repeat casts to make it so spamming wasn't super crazy.

Love the concept great work. Good name too you don't see many of those.

1.5 speed ! It's a lot compared to the others frames

Yes, after a cursory look at the wiki to get some generalization, I thought I would just add a wee bit more and over did it. After more Feedback I will request an edit to fix.

snip-

Thanks! I agree there should be no offence boost on TP and I wanted to make it activated on dodge to avoid Ash cloning.

Void Step  would only really be relevant for downed team mates and using a console.

While it's true not many people dodge, I don't, but for a brief few seconds of extra shields to revive a downed team mate with that Lvl.60 napalm right next to him, you just might hit that dodge button. I also don't think there should be knock back immunity, that's unique to Rhino and could make things a little too crazy.

Lumbering doesn't necessarily mean tough, Nova, Mag, Trinity all caster are fast with weak armor. Slowing him down keeps him close to his lore while making him squishy keeps him in the same category of caster. Spot on, Middle of the road shield and health with good power, low armor and what I thought was low speed, Koolen Is right I will make adjustments after more feedback.

snip-

Thanks, I got the name from Resident Evil so I cant take the credit there.

The percentage should make the damage increase relevant on all levels 15% of 5,000HP should be noticeable.

Not sure on the remove shroud on repeat casts, you want to be able to use it often just not spam it, like a cool down timer or high power cost.