Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sonar And Lack Of Mini-Map Markers

Wallace24

basically, see title. sonar no longer marks enemies on the mini-map. does DE expect me to actually look for my targets? no, I want them handed to me all nice and red on the mini-map! I checked out enemy sense (warframe mod) and enemy radar (aura mod), and those both still mark targets. interestingly enough, if you have one of those equipped and use sonar, it will mark the new targets as well (pretty sure, only tested it with enemy sense on, actually. so at that point I thought the normal runs I did before then were just a fluke. and then I tested it without those mods. and sonar was still broken). so unless this was an intended feature removal, I think it needs to be looked at. I need to see where the largest groups of ripe-for-damage enemies are! those grineer won't kill themselves

unnecessary exposition and trivia after the break!

so this all came about when I had a desire to purchase an immortal skin. I thought maybe I'd find some of the new ones appealing. I did, but I realized I really won't use saryn or vauban that much for high-level/end-game stuff. mag's immortal skin doesn't look good on mag prime, otherwise that would be perfect. and I really don't use any of the other frames that much. so I decided I wanted to go back to banshee. the first frame I got after my starter. finally gave her the potato she deserved. I wanted to take a break from being invincible constantly, and I like oberon, but his new helm is, well, it's a deer head. maybe next time, DE. to go with this, I potatoed my burston prime, only to find out that latron prime got a pretty nice buff and maybe would've been a bit of a better fit. paris prime did too, but, it's still a bow. well, this has been fun, don't forget the purpose of this topic was that sonar is possibly broken, and that should be addressed. I'm surprised you made it this far, kudos to you! do they still make kudos? those were delicious

TL;DR - sonar does't mark enemies on the mini-map like it did in the good old days. please fix?

edit: ran a few more missions and sometimes it would show up. when another banshee and I both cast sonar at the same time, enemies showed up, and sometimes when he cast it, it would show up on my screen, but not usually when I cast it alone or a few seconds after he did. even when I was the host, that wouldn't necessarily fix the issue

ran another couple missions, it seems sonar did mark enemies on the host's mini-map at least. but again, I played some solo missions and it didn't give me anything

Edited by Wallace24