Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Weapon Sound Design Has Gone Down Marginally In Quality

Boondorl

DE is doing the same mistakes people make on exams in college, they think too much. Go with your original choice and observe the results.

Every single thing they've changed their minds on has been a disaster. Seriously, someone fire the sound guy.

Maybe they were taking advice from George Costanza

For those of you who have played since Update 7 or before, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Update 8 was by far the biggest offender of this.

Weapon sound quality has dropped greatly since the old days of Warframe, with almost every single gun sound being gimped and turned into nothing but a pea shooter. Where did all the bass go? I used to be able to play this game loud and really feel the action. Now it seems to be toned down greatly and really ruins the immersion for me and probably many others who feel the same.

Some of the greatest examples I could find (most notably Latron and Gorgon):

Bronco: 

Boar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld7NhmJx6Vs

Strun: 

Latron: 

Gorgon: 

I like most of the changes the sound design team as a whole have made, but the gun sounds are really lacking at the moment, and I'd really like to see them brought back to their former glory.

Agreed, the Hek is the only shotgun that sounds good anymore, and i sold it. When comparing the shotguns purely by sound, the Hek sounds like it would one shot lephantis in comparison.