The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

760 Gtx Problems

TherIronYuppie

Installed my brand new 760 GTX today to replace my ageing 460, only to find my FPS is now consistently worse with the new card. Any reason for this? Have the same settings as before (Everything max, no PhysX turned on) and I get FPS drops to 20 FPS in missions, and random stops and stutters for 1-2 seconds during the end of missions.

Anything update 12 has done, or is there a known compatibility issue with the latest drivers available from Nvidia? (333.21)

Installed my brand new 760 GTX today to replace my ageing 460, only to find my FPS is now consistently worse with the new card. Any reason for this? Have the same settings as before (Everything max, no PhysX turned on) and I get FPS drops to 20 FPS in missions, and random stops and stutters for 1-2 seconds during the end of missions.

Anything update 12 has done, or is there a known compatibility issue with the latest drivers available from Nvidia? (333.21)

Try playing with the launcher settings. Multithread, Directx, 64-bit.

Ya, no prob, glad it was just the Launcher settings.   Was hoping it was that and not a hardware/other software problem.

My main concern was if you're motherboard supported PCI 3.0 due to you jumping from a 460 needing 2.0 to this Beast 760 needing the 3.0.

The one site I checked stated it's PCIx16 Conformed to 3.0 Standards and not that it had 3.0.

Double Checked it with new egg's info.  They stated it had 3.0 but when you look further it mentions in the features that it only supported up to 2.0 with a 32mm (sandy bridge) CPU was installed.  So next question is what CPU you have?  I know your problem is resolved but you may not be getting the best performance out of your current set up.  And might wanna look at getting a Motherboard that doesn't restrict you're card's 3.0 capabilities.

Best of luck :)