Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

The Amount Of Noobness Is Too High

ErudiusNacht

oh boy another one that thinks MR means something in this game , let me guess ,you are Rhino thinking how badass you are

MR means nothing!

if the MR was about how many kills you have and how many long defense missions / survivals you have done, it would be something

MR now is basically how fast you can craft new frames and weps up, it has nothing to do with actual skills!

ever heard

Jack of all trades master of none?

here is good example ,

20mw.png

who would you rather have on team? the MR 2 guy or MR 6 guy? I for sure will want the MR 2 Loki player guy in my 60+ minute run on Pluto

than you badass  rhino that thinks iron skin is the best thing on high level survival,

just because someone is low mastery doesn't mean he is bad player, i know quiet few people that simply don't bother with MR and staying with range 2-4 and they can solo Pluto survival 40+ minutes easily

When and where did you get the idea of hacking? How did that even get into the discussion?

And two, I'm not telling people how to live their lives. I'm just saying my opinion that people who use shortcuts never get far in life. Thirdly, yes, it is only a game, but you're more aggravated than me and you're actually following the thread. Fourth, you can see other people agreeing, so it's not nonsense. And finally, you're also in no position to tell me what to do.

Read people, READ. It's not that hard. (Unless otherwise...)

You claim that you were never carried.   Yet, you were an under equiped noob too just like everybody else was.  Which means that you, just like everybody else, probably played quite a few matches with better equipped players that were carrying you just like you are now carrying noobs.  It's now your turn to carry the noobs just like you were a carried noob too. 

If you don't like carrying noobs, you can play higher level planets like Pluto, Ceres, and Neptune where the noobs just pass through before they go back to Jupiter and Saturn.

Getting far in life has nothing to do with computer games so it's not only offensive but irrelevant and OT.

Edited by ThePresident777

This would make sense if your Rank wasn't proportionately tied to how many weapons/frames you've leveled.

Just because someone sticks with xcal a braton and a lato the whole game doesn't mean they don't know how to play.

Also, where are all the people claiming that you can "OP" any gun now?  They all hiding under their Soma/Ignis/Ogris/Penta?  Come stake your claim here!  See how far it gets ya!

oh boy another one that thinks MR means something in this game , let me guess ,you are Rhino thinking how badass you are

MR means nothing!

if the MR was about how many kills you have and how many long defense missions / survivals you have done, it would be something

MR now is basically how fast you can craft new frames and weps up, it has nothing to do with actual skills!

ever heard

Jack of all trades master of none?

here is good example ,

who would you rather have on team? the MR 2 guy or MR 6 guy? I for sure will want the MR 2 Loki player guy in my 60+ minute run on Pluto

than you badass  rhino that thinks iron skin is the best thing on high level survival,

just because someone is low mastery doesn't mean he is bad player, i know quiet few people that simply don't bother with MR and staying with range 2-4 and they can solo Pluto survival 40+ minutes easily

Again, please read the adjoining comments. I am not generalizing here. Unfortunately, the better part of the new players seem overconfident of their new found frames. I'm advocating an XP lock or a Rank Filter just to make sure people have actually spent some time and effort ensuring that they know enough to survive. Is that so much of a hassle? I mean, it also gives more freedom for the older players to choose who can join them in their missions.

I know of some people too who doesn't care about MR, and I'd invite them to hard missions. But when you're out there, farming materials, then you see a username with just numbers and is only rank 2, it's kinda a gamble if it's a good player or not.

You claim that you were never carried.   Yet, you were an under equiped noob too just like everybody else was.  Which means that you, just like everybody else, probably played quite a few matches with better equipped players that were carrying you just like you are now carrying noobs.  It's now your turn to carry the noobs just like you were a carried noob too. 

If you don't like carrying noobs, you can play higher level planets like Pluto, Ceres, and Neptune where the noobs just pass through before they go back to Jupiter and Saturn.

Getting far in life has nothing to do with computer games so it's not only offensive but irrelevant and OT.

Ok, let me explain this distinction. Of course, playing random would have you matched with better equipped players. As a noob I experienced that while progressing. BUT I NEVER, NEVER ASKED FOR A TAXI RIDE TO A PLANET I HAVE NOT UNLOCKED. As a noob, I had the etiquette to ask around and check information before going in and not just blasting away at missions. I actually help lowbies when I can, it's just that they're rather stubborn and uninformed these days.

I don't mind helping out on missions I jump on, but I'll never give a taxi ride. The problem here is that even in Pluto, Ceres and other end planets are convoluted with lowbies. I can't even get a decent team in Xini and Sedna.

Getting far in life has to do with anything to do with everything you do everyday. If you can't have the discipline in a controlled environment like a computer game, what discipline can you practice in real life. This particular opinion is a segue, I disagree with your view, you disagree with mine, let's keep it at that.

EDIT:

In my observation, this thread seems to be getting the most heat from the Premium Members. I don't understand this as they are usually the older players and would have trouble with lowbies also.

Another point I would like to raise, or rather advise, is that in a debate, going ad hominem doesn't really give you points. It just shows off your quick temper and lack of constructive thought. Again, for the last time, Read, Think, Write.

Edited by ErudiusNacht

So in general, it is better suggested that higher-leveled planets would require a specific mastery rank to get into.

And indirectly, allow newer players to actually get guaranteed drops of those mandatory mods in Mercury so they can at least be on par in higher levels.

Also indirectly, that the game should direct newer players to the Codex Training section.

Not so sure about that, I can relate to a few nodes here and there. What I usually do is being the awesome Tenno that I am, and I help my teammates no matter how bad they are. If they die and I cant do anything about it... Rearly happens, but if that time comes, they have the chance to spectate and maybe think of what they have done. Regrets everywhere. 

Again, please read the adjoining comments. I am not generalizing here. Unfortunately, the better part of the new players seem overconfident of their new found frames. I'm advocating an XP lock or a Rank Filter just to make sure people have actually spent some time and effort ensuring that they know enough to survive. Is that so much of a hassle? I mean, it also gives more freedom for the older players to choose who can join them in their missions.

I know of some people too who doesn't care about MR, and I'd invite them to hard missions. But when you're out there, farming materials, then you see a username with just numbers and is only rank 2, it's kinda a gamble if it's a good player or not.

Ok, let me explain this distinction. Of course, playing random would have you matched with better equipped players. As a noob I experienced that while progressing. BUT I NEVER, NEVER ASKED FOR A TAXI RIDE TO A PLANET I HAVE NOT UNLOCKED. As a noob, I had the etiquette to ask around and check information before going in and not just blasting away at missions. I actually help lowbies when I can, it's just that they're rather stubborn and uninformed these days.

I don't mind helping out on missions I jump on, but I'll never give a taxi ride. The problem here is that even in Pluto, Ceres and other end planets are convoluted with lowbies. I can't even get a decent team in Xini and Sedna.

Getting far in life has to do with anything to do with everything you do everyday. If you can't have the discipline in a controlled environment like a computer game, what discipline can you practice in real life. This particular opinion is a segue, I disagree with your view, you disagree with mine, let's keep it at that.

EDIT:

In my observation, this thread seems to be getting the most heat from the Premium Members. I don't understand this as they are usually the older players and would have trouble with lowbies also.

Another point I would like to raise, or rather advise, is that in a debate, going ad hominem doesn't really give you points. It just shows off your quick temper and lack of constructive thought. Again, for the last time, Read, Think, Write.

Once again, it's video game. A. Video. Game.  So, enough with lecturing people about life.  Save it for the pulpit.  Nobody is here for your sermon.  It's offensive to judge people, especially, out of context.

You should take a look at this thread and take the challenge.  You'll find what it's like to be a newbie these days.  Read the last few pages before you post.  We've been running experiments.

And people with premium accounts didn't buy their mastery rank, they bought affinity boosters, got gear faster or exclusively, thus the high ranks. 

YEAH! Such a cheaters! What a crime against... wait what?

Again, the point here is that some people like to go work by themselves and not join a clan or group. 

So, lets clarify, u know about other options, refuse to take them and whine about how unfair game mechanics work relative to you? Dude... you should give up with mmo, and go to single games, there you cant find more then one noob.

Edited by Sormaran

That's why I play Trinity with random people. The only thing that is annoying is life support or people that run away from pod in def/mob def. I have no problem with new players or people that suck. I don't understand how you get so mad ESPECIALLY IN AN EZ CO-OP VS BOTS GAME THIS IS A RELAXING GAME. Play Counter-Strike, DOTA 2, or whatever and then I'll understand your rage.

A HEALING HAND

How exactly hard is it to play solo or private?

Guessing it's harder than logging in to the forums and posting a rant.

How hard is it hard to READ? Guess you lack attention.

Once again, it's video game. A. Video. Game.  So, enough with lecturing people about life.  Save it for the pulpit.  Nobody is here for your sermon.  It's offensive to judge people, especially, out of context.

You should take a look at this thread and take the challenge.  You'll find what it's like to be a newbie these days.  Read the last few pages before you post.  We've been running experiments.

If you don't want the sermon, don't attend the mass. I will post whatever I want as long as it is appropriate and valid. I know that thread, I've seen and actually agreed to it. My post is about informing new players on what to do, especially for Survival Missions. Stop it if you're just here to insult. Take your own advise and don't order people around.

YEAH! Such a cheaters! What a crime against... wait what?

So, lets clarify, u know about other options, refuse to take them and whine about how unfair game mechanics work relative to you? Dude... you should give up with mmo, and go to single games, there you cant find more then one noob.

Again, read. How many times do I have to say it? Can you single out Outer Terminus to wave 20? Imagine that with Rank 0's beside you.

That's why I play Trinity with random people. The only thing that is annoying is life support or people that run away from pod in def/mob def. I have no problem with new players or people that suck. I don't understand how you get so mad ESPECIALLY IN AN EZ CO-OP VS BOTS GAME THIS IS A RELAXING GAME. Play Counter-Strike, DOTA 2, or whatever and then I'll understand your rage.

A HEALING HAND

Yeah, I agree. I don't mind new players in Assassinations, Exterminates, Invasions, etc. But they are rather annoying in high level def/mob def and especially in Survival. The mere basics of Survival missions escapes them. One new player I played with recently always shot Corpus Ship windows, arguing "Don't lecture me! It's got a life bar, so duh, it's meant to be shot." We just need to educate these guys.

Edited by ErudiusNacht

Take your own advise and don't order people around.

His name is ThePresident.

Again, read. How many times do I have to say it? Can you single out Outer Terminus to wave 20? Imagine that with Rank 0's beside you.

I'm your huckleberry. Add me and I'll carry you to wave 20 so you can watch. Cause I'm like all hardcore and stuff, and use a lot of elbow work, or something. Or maybe I just use a blinding Excalibur.

Yeah, I agree. I don't mind new players in Assassinations, Exterminates, Invasions, etc. But they are rather annoying in high level def/mob def and especially in Survival. The mere basics of Survival missions escapes them. One new player I played with recently always shot Corpus Ship windows, arguing "Don't lecture me! It's got a life bar, so duh, it's meant to be shot." We just need to educate these guys.

He was trolling you. One of the bad side effects of being anti-social and super-serious all the time is that people are gonna troll you. I'd recommend a certain drug to relax you, but odds are it's still illegal in your state. Alcohol works wonder too.

I don't understand how you get so mad ESPECIALLY IN AN EZ CO-OP VS BOTS GAME THIS IS A RELAXING GAME. Play Counter-Strike, DOTA 2, or whatever and then I'll understand your rage.

The OP didn't seem to be a rage post, it was the rest of the thread that escalated things.

The point is, it's a cooperative game as you say, that means everyone has to pull their weight. If you don't feel like being useful you should ask if everyone else is fine with that. Nobody has the right to make someone else carry them.

The OP didn't seem to be a rage post, it was the rest of the thread that escalated things.

The point is, it's a cooperative game as you say, that means everyone has to pull their weight. If you don't feel like being useful you should ask if everyone else is fine with that. Nobody has the right to make someone else carry them.

You can smell that madbro from a mile away. Threads like these come deep down from the madbro within.

When I first started I played private and solo matches until I unlocked the galaxy map, this made me (what I think is) a better player. It has also had me thinking and I have shared with DE a plan that hits on this exact issue.

I believe there should be a tiered galaxy map, first for the beginning player that drops more talent mods that are not random, but for the frame that you are playing so the player can get their abilities up and allow them to understand these should be improved and used. They should have a couple quests type missions or string of missions to give a better set of weapons like a mid-set of weapons with a couple of mods that would be useful already installed. After they earn their way through this first map and have the weapons and frame leveled a bit they test out of the area into the normal area.

The normal area is the one we are playing in now, not much to explain here.

The third area is the endgame map that is hardcore nodes for all regular missions and all the ideas they are coming up with for the endgame stuff.

This would split the community up enough that players of the same level would be grouping with each other. It would also allow people to not depend on others so much and learn for themselves step by step.

I did it this way myself, but it wasn't any kind of system I had, just how I play games. I like to play through it and try to learn the systems and how to play before inflict my skills or lack of on others.

Edited by ZeroPhobic

I never did. I started June last year, and worked my &#! off to clear every single node on every planet without a taxi. Are you saying that getting a taxi ride is a good thing? That's your opinion. Mine's completely the opposite. It's a form of self-discipline. Honestly, if you're a person who likes taking shortcuts, IMO, you'll never succeed in life.

If the game's too hard for you, get some help, not a shortcut. You're just being a burden.

By my definitions, 'getting a taxi ride' is getting help, since most folk do it in order to obtain important mods from alerts that they otherwise wouldn't be able to access.  Considering the difficulty curve in WF for new players now compared to the old days, they need all the help they can get.  And helping new players is a good thing; that's called "a community".

That said, some form of optional matchmaking filter might help to keep the elitist whining down to a dull roar. XD

By my definitions, 'getting a taxi ride' is getting help, since most folk do it in order to obtain important mods from alerts that they otherwise wouldn't be able to access.  Considering the difficulty curve in WF for new players now compared to the old days, they need all the help they can get.  And helping new players is a good thing; that's called "a community".

That said, some form of optional matchmaking filter might help to keep the elitist whining down to a dull roar. XD

You're trying to take the high road here and say we should help them because it is the right thing to do, but is it? We all learned to swim on our own, however, it was different and doable then. There is a legit problem we all know there is. If we help the new guys and they are never tested or find our what works and what doesn't on their own they will not be better players for it and in fact will be okay players at best. There needs to be a place that tests them without throwing them under the bus or having other stronger players carry them along.

Should we not guide them if they ask questions, yes, of course we should. Should we carry them through every mission and level their frames and weapons for them? No, they will be a lesser player and may even quit because they feel they are doing nothing so why play.

I am not saying we should ban the new people from groups, but I am also asking for a place they can go to find their inner Tenno, this will truly help them.

Oh, you were hacking into people's accounts to make sure that their load out was not better than yours?

Dude, you're nobody to be telling people how to live their life.  AND IT'S JUST A @(*()$ GAME.  Take you're moralistic and tyranical nonsense somewhere else.  It's offensive!

I see you're allergic to a dose of your own medicine.

I see you don't track your own posts. It's you demanding that I stop telling people what to do, when all I'm doing is advocating a system to educate new players. If you can't win an argument, don't resort to insults, it's just immature and not constructive. I'm reporting this post for abuse.

Not fanning the flame and going back on track, guys, can we make a thread to advocate Matchmaking options? It seems some people are against an XP lock on planets, and they do have a point that some low rank players are actually capable and knowledgeable more than enough to be an asset. Perhaps adding in a small option in the lobby can alleviate the issue. I myself have some friends who play casually and don't bother to rank up, but are trustworthy players themselves.

I believe at the moment all we can do is filter the max ping for matchmaking in the options. Should we make a separate section in the options or should it be present in the mission lobby? For me, I vote that we expand the options to include a menu, that way it's out of the way of continuous gameplay.

I see you don't track your own posts. It's you demanding that I stop telling people what to do, when all I'm doing is advocating a system to educate new players. If you can't win an argument, don't resort to insults, it's just immature and not constructive. I'm reporting this post for abuse.

Not fanning the flame and going back on track, guys, can we make a thread to advocate Matchmaking options? It seems some people are against an XP lock on planets, and they do have a point that some low rank players are actually capable and knowledgeable more than enough to be an asset. Perhaps adding in a small option in the lobby can alleviate the issue. I myself have some friends who play casually and don't bother to rank up, but are trustworthy players themselves.

I believe at the moment all we can do is filter the max ping for matchmaking in the options. Should we make a separate section in the options or should it be present in the mission lobby? For me, I vote that we expand the options to include a menu, that way it's out of the way of continuous gameplay.

Your words speak for themselves. Here they are:

I never did. I started June last year, and worked my &#! off to clear every single node on every planet without a taxi. Are you saying that getting a taxi ride is a good thing? That's your opinion. Mine's completely the opposite. It's a form of self-discipline. Honestly, if you're a person who likes taking shortcuts, IMO, you'll never succeed in life.

That is a lecturing, offensive attitude.  How people live their lives is none of your business and it's irrelevant to gaming.  If you're going to instigate offense, then you don't get to complain when someone calls you out on it. 

Your words speak for themselves. Here they are:

That is a lecturing, offensive attitude.  How people live their lives is none of your business and it's irrelevant to gaming.  If you're going to instigate offense, then you don't get to complain when someone calls you out on it. 

You are correct. How people live their lives is none of my business. What you do not understand is that I'm just voicing my opinion. Taking shortcuts in life leads to failure is my belief. I think it really does. But if you still want to do it, it's your choice, I'll leave you to your fate. Kapische? Now, ThePresident777, again, this post is not about my opinions in life, it is about educating and guiding the new players by advocating a new system so that they can contribute to the game and community. If you really have a personal problem with me and / or my opinions, do it in PM and don't derail the discussion.

Couple formulas below, one for new players (Rank X and below) and one for experienced players (Rank X+1 and up).  Neither formula would be applied to void missions and private group / invite only missions. 

First Rule:

Total levels of items taken into a mission (excluding sentinels and their weapon) must be equal to Mission High End Mob Levels (Excluding survival/defense here) x2.

What this would mean is if I have a level 10 Braton, level 10 Warframe, level 10 Lato, and level 10 Skana, the highest level mission I could go into would be level 20 because:

G1+G2+G3+G4 does equal 20x2 or greater

But could not go into level 21 missions because:

G1+G2+G3+G4 does not equal 21x2 or greater. 

Even this is a bit lenient.  perhaps the "2" should be 2.5.  So...

If GA+GB+GC+GD does not equal 20x2.5 or greater....

And G1=10, GB=10 etc, etc...

Then player can not go into level 20 because 40 does not equal 20x2.5 or greater.  40 does however equal 2.5x16 so they could go into a level 16 mission.  Really tweak that 2 or 2.5 to whatever is suitable.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second formula might be something like Highest Ranking Weapon must be = OR > Mission Level -5 AND Warframe must be = OR > mission level -5.

This would mean that an experienced player with a level 25 Phage, Ogris, Penta, Prime Weapon, Grakata or whatever could go into a mission with mobs not higher than level 30 even if his or her side arm and melee weapon are useless.  Because lets face it, we all group up at one point or another to get that sweet shared xp. 

Also remember, this would not apply to void, private, or invite only missions.  If it did the number of players trying to max every weapon would be drastically reduced.  It'd be like trying to get every pokemon to level 99 without using the elite four in the original pokemon games.  Doable, but an unactractive way for most people to spend their time.

You are correct. How people live their lives is none of my business. What you do not understand is that I'm just voicing my opinion. Taking shortcuts in life leads to failure is my belief. I think it really does. But if you still want to do it, it's your choice, I'll leave you to your fate. Kapische? Now, ThePresident777, again, this post is not about my opinions in life, it is about educating and guiding the new players by advocating a new system so that they can contribute to the game and community. If you really have a personal problem with me and / or my opinions, do it in PM and don't derail the discussion.

Hopefully, you'll take your own advice.

P.S.  Betty Crocker sucks!  Just my opinion, nothing to do with gaming.  See what I mean?  I can do it too.

Hopefully, you'll take your own advice.

P.S.  Betty Crocker sucks!  Just my opinion, nothing to do with gaming.  See what I mean?  I can do it too.

(Claps) Great job! School is dismissed, you can go home now.

Moving on...

@Kengiczar

-snip-

I really had to do a double take about your post, but it's great. It also accounts for people who like shared XP. It also takes into account the distinction between players with their equipment. I think though that 2 is enough of a constant. 2.5 would alienate too much people. Maybe something in between?

You're trying to take the high road here and say we should help them because it is the right thing to do, but is it? We all learned to swim on our own, however, it was different and doable then. There is a legit problem we all know there is. If we help the new guys and they are never tested or find our what works and what doesn't on their own they will not be better players for it and in fact will be okay players at best. There needs to be a place that tests them without throwing them under the bus or having other stronger players carry them along.

Should we not guide them if they ask questions, yes, of course we should. Should we carry them through every mission and level their frames and weapons for them? No, they will be a lesser player and may even quit because they feel they are doing nothing so why play.

I am not saying we should ban the new people from groups, but I am also asking for a place they can go to find their inner Tenno, this will truly help them.

Playing Warframe isn't a deep philosophical commitment for most of its players, I doubt.  I'm not playing the game to be all that I can be, to reach the true power of my inner Tenno.  Not that there's anything wrong with any of that; everyone has their own ideas of what's fun in a game.  But seriously, as the game stands now, endlessly grinding Mercury over and over again because anything higher will murderstomp you, because you don't have better gear because you can't access better gear because it isn't in Mercury?  I don't want to inflict that on anyone. XD

As long as someone isn't actively seeking to ruin my gameplay via trolling I don't really care if they're not at the same rank or gear level or whatever.  If they want to tag along for lewts to help them beef up their stuff, more power to them.  It isn't like you can actually lose anything even if for whatever reason a weaker player does mess up a run.