Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Bothersome Fact About Melee Weapons' Damagetypes

Azamagon

I just took out the Dual Ichors for a spin against some Corpus. Guess what? It's not a weapon with pure Toxic damage. In fact, all other attacks other than the regular attacks are Slash/Puncture/Impact! And I just ask myself: Why?

This isn't the only weapon with this issue though. Gram, for example, a Slash weapon. Guess what? It's chargedamage is mainly IMPACT...

Does it make any sense? Nope!

And I really hope this is something that will get fixed with Damage 2.0. Imo, all different kind of attacks you can make should be based on the regular attack's damagetypes. So for example:

Gram has 6 Imp / 6 Punc / 28 Slash, for a total of 40 Physical damage.

Its chargedamage is currently a total of 200, thus its chargedamage should just be 5x the regular damage (so, 30 Imp / 30 Punc / 140 Slash, rather than its current 160 Imp / 20 Punc / 20 Slash). This way, we have a way more intuitive system. In fact, that's how I THOUGHT it worked! Because, you know, that would had made a lot of sense! >_>

Related to damagetype-distribution, some other stuff bother me too, such as these examples:

*Dual Ichor is (supposedly) PURELY Toxic. But shouldn't it have Imp/Punc/Slash (however minor) on top of the Toxic? After all, those brutal axeblades do look like they should cause quite the amount of PHYSICAL damage.

* Prova is (supposedly) purely Electric. Shouldn't it AT LEAST also have Impact? (But preferably a bit of the other 2 physical ones as well). It's a blunt weapon. It doesn't just electrocute you, like the Synapse does.

* Same with Heat Sword(s) and Heat Dagger. Let them have some Fire damage too.

Of course there are more than those, those were just some quick examples. Here I have a list of how I'd redistribute the damages of all weapons so they make more sense (not completely up to date though) - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142559-more-impact-puncture-slash-distribution-between-weapons/

That thread also includes making sense of some weapons, such as taking a look at the weapons' actual shape and define its damagetypes based more on that (with some leeway of course, it's still a game after all).

If DE are so stubborn to not change it to something intuitive like this, could we at least get a better UI so we actually know what damagetypes each different attack does? (Although to fix it like that, it would require FAR more work than by doing it in the "all other attacks are multiplicative of regular attack"-thing)

These kind of inconsistencies are getting really tiring DE. Can you just fix these kind of issues already???

*deep sigh*

I guess not :'(