Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Feedback (Not Talking About The System, Just Specific Mods)

MJ12

Okay, now that I actually have some mods worth speaking of and can get back to clearing harder missions I wanted to give some feedback on mod balance points, because some of them are still poorly balanced.

1. Critical Chance Mods: Their +Crit chance would be balanced if they were actually flat bonuses, but as a percentage increase to the base crit chance they're awful. These mods need to be rethought significantly or just outright nixed.

2. Critical Damage Mods: Because crit chance mods are so bad, critical damage mods are also bad, because reliable damage is generally better than unreliable damage and the raw DPS increase of crit damage mods is too low to be worth anything. Assuming you quadruple your critcal damage (to 6x base instead of 1.5x) that's still only an increase of 45% damage assuming a weapon with a 10% crit chance.

3. Spare Ammunition/Magazine Capacity mods: The numbers for these are way too tiny to make them worthwhile. At +5% a level they're just sad, they should be something like +25% a level to make them worthwhile as a general purpose mod instead of 'something you throw on your gun because you have an empty mod slot, 2 points, and nothing else to do'.

4. Rifle Multishot: Rifle multishot should go up to at least 100%, like shotgun and pistol multishot, even if that'd require the mod to have its mod energy cost increased somewhat. Right now, because you can't get it to reliably fire two shots at once, Multishot is extremely unpredictable on single-shot weapons like the Paris, Snipetron, and Latron and this makes it... difficult, especially considering a damage mod is much cheaper, energy-wise, more common, easily upgraded, and more reliable.

5. Rifle mods in general: Rifle mods being so much weaker than pistol and shotgun mods is sad, because the rifles were balanced with pistols and shotguns already. Either give all rifles a significant stat buff to make up for their weaker mods or give them identical mods to pistols and shotguns, number-wise.

6. Melee damage: Charge damage mods add +20% charge damage per level but melee damage mods add only +7% melee damage a level. +7% damage/level is depressingly low, especially considering that melee fast attacks were always pretty underpowered compared to charge damage and pre-UD7 lategame non-charge melee viability outright required Warframe melee damage mods (and I'm not sure those exist anymore!)

7. Loot Radar: Why does this thing even still exist? It's traumatized many a player. Combine it with Enemy Radar because Enemy Radar is already underpowered. Also, both radars have a... 5m range at level 0. This is pretty much the definition of a joke. If you insist they should still be mods, it should have 1 level, and like... 25m range per level.

8. Puncture: As stated, pre-UD7 puncture was pretty ludicrous. Post-UD7 is practically useless since you can't fire through enemies reliably nor can you fire through heavy cover. I'd have preferred Puncture maxing out at around 2m or so, with 0.2m penetration per level.

This list is likely to be updated as I get more mods that make me groan.

Edited by MJ12

1. Critical Chance Mods: Their +Crit chance would be balanced if they were actually flat bonuses, but as a percentage increase to the base crit chance they're awful. These mods need to be rethought significantly or just outright nixed.

whaaaaaaaaaaaT. So all my Paris crits were due to a high base crit chance? (/<o<)/

I think The Paris has a really high base crit chance when pulled back all the way. Still need confirmation on that though.

My comment on specific mods is that they do improve quite a bit after being upgraded.

Some of them do. But 5% a level of magazine size or spare ammo is pretty lame when compared to the fact that I could get 244% magazine size on rifles and shotguns from just taking those level-up nodes, and 146% mag size from just taking levelup nodes on pistols.

1. Crit Chance is awful, yes. Before, the passive nodes would give you additive crit chance while the mods gave you multiply crit chance. Now they only give you multiply crit chance as far as I can tell which makes it horrible. Even if they were FLAT bonuses they would still be weaker. Let's take a look, shall we? Rifles - Crit vs Multishot

Assuming a 5% base crit chance.

+45% from Crit mod

50% chance to deal 1.5x damage

+60% multishot mod

60% chance to deal 2x damage

Multishot would still be vastly superior if the crit chance mod was additive.

2. Yep, see above.

3. These are actually better than U7. Before they were ridiculous. However, a small buff would be cool.

4. You have to take into consideration that full auto rifles use the same mods as the weapons you've stated. The flaw rests in there, having weapons like the Paris share the same numbers of balance on mods like say the Gorgon/Boltor/Vandal. It is not ok.

5. See #4

6. Before you could also put an insane amount of charge speed, which is not the case anymore. Getting a heavy charge damage to max is actually debatable. With high damage slow hits you want to upgrade your damage if it decreases the amount of shots it takes to kill mobs. If it doesn't (which for heavy charge usually is true), then stuff like charge speed is much much better.

7. Loot radar needs to display containers as well as lockers to ever be considered as a decent mod to use while farming materials. Starting 5 meters range is kind of bad, ye. 3 ranks starting at 10 or 15 should be better. The problem with Loot Radar and Enemy Radar is that they are Warframe mods.. and those are already very restricted. No one will ever equip these unless they are going to farm low level missions and are 1shotting everything in sight so they can afford to lose othe stuff.

8. I never used Puncture before U7 because.. I never found a weapon to put it on, almost every time I wanted to fit it in somewhere, something else was way better. With the current values of it, that has become from a "maybe" to a "never". So, I agree.

Ребята обратите внимание на мод Брони он не работает... И хотелось бы чтобы что нибудь сделали со звуком т.к. со звуком серьезные проблемы-когда рядом со мной нет ни кого не хотелось бы чтобы кто то пыхтел в ухо-раздражает.Заранее спасибо.

I'd also like to add its sad to see there isnt a melee range increase mod either, as this is something i REALLY miss from the original node system.

And by the looks of it there are no more dual stat mods, unless i havnt gotten one. They really should be there as ultra rare (read legendary) mods.

Critical Chance/Damage mods

True, they would be balanced if they were flat bonuses, but they are listed as a common while damage is uncommon and damage is rare. If they were buffed to a meaningful amount of chance, one that rival multishot and actual 200% crits, it'd be a multishot minus the spread. Not that that shouldn't be allowed, but when stacked it'd just get crazy.

Spare Ammunition

My first note on this was how greatly it's outdone by fire rate, while fire rate capped at 50% and ammo capacity at 75% before. Now this falls back on the stacking thing once more, if max capacity mods matched fire rate's new 60%, that'd be another pontent, drawbackless damage increase.

I have a hunch they want the standard damage mod to be the backbone of every weapon.

Melee Damage

Not saying timing a charged attack is hard, but there are far more drawbacks to having to charge than to just spam melee and kill everything. Once again it's a common mod versus an uncommon. I'm willing to bet ou just want some reason to use the animations you like, rather than the same charge attack over and over, but the game is the game.

Rifle Mods

I have to agree.

When comparing automatic to automatic Viper's damage is 16 and Gorgon's is 24. Put a respective maxed damage mod for each, the Gorgon comes in at 50.4 and the Viper comes in at 51.2, throw on a multishot and it gets stupider. So unless the crit bonuses are actually flat, Pistols just flat out outdamage rifle, end game at least.

It's arguable that pistols have less ammo, and it's acceptable, it's just not the norm for a game to favor the weapon you don't start on. Now I should probably go see how strong I can make the Bronco.

Meleee Damage

Once again compairing common mods to uncommon mods. While that aone is not a good enough explanation to shoot down your statement, I have to imagine it boils down to charging requires some timing, it's not hard, but just spamming E and sprinting around to win is alot easier and way less risky.

Loot Radar

I'm pretty bewildered here too, but they're the same polarity as fire damage and electrical damage.

Puncture

This is the only one I whole heartidly disagree with. Large amount of punctures to me jsut meant something I'd never fully utilize, just being capable of shooting through loads of terrain that the only way I could know I wasn't just wasting ammo would be to walk out and check before hand. If I walked out and checked, there'd be no point in not just killing whatever was there then. Right now, the 0.1 breaks through Grineer Shield Lancer shields, Corpus helmets and most of the cover the corpus uses. That's all I need it to do, getting more is just silly.

Edited by Orphy