Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Up Test, Still Made For Humans?

Ascension

It is the case. As you might see above, I failed for 3 days. You do not loose anything by playing in between.

Well that's good then. Unfortunately, I'm now at the point where I almost didn't even bother to log in to try to pass the test.

If DE want to discourage players from playing the game, this is a good way to do it. I'm now having to struggle to convince myself to actually log in and attempt the test even if it only takes me a few minutes.

The old method of testing where you just run around killing some stuff was fine. It was more like a rite of passage than something that could seriously block someone from progressing. I don't mind things like that which make Rank progression seem notable.

But this. Ugh.

Regards,

SB

Edited by silent_buddha

Yeah i failed again today hooray!! so what now, this game's purpose is to make us fail now? woo yeah!! so fun.

Good going, man one fail everyday to start the day with Warframe, just telling you "You Failed, try again in 24 hours"

Btw what would i get if i succeed this ridiculous S#&$? ohh your prize : "Nothing"

on the argument of reaction times, average human reactioni time is aroun 150 to 300 milliseconds (or 0.15 to 0.30 seconds)

but i feel that the rapid movments of the orbs are to fast and the only way people seem to be passing is by predicting where the orb will go, i have another theroy abotu passing but i will have to test it out, i will let you know if it is a flunk or not

I just cant complete it, its to fast for me (3rd round).

Posted feedback about this before but it got buried.

Im not a cod kiddie that can twitch shoot, im slow and steady (getting old and S#&$:P) and it just changes targets to quick to even keep up with the camera.

Well, I finally got past it based purely on luck.

I finally just got the gun with the largest ammo clip I could find and then used "spray and pray" aiming to just start hosing the screen with bullets whenever it got to the 4th or 5th globe which was about to light up.

I'm sure that's totally not what this test was meant to test. In rounds 1 and 2 I did it like you are probably supposed to with a single bullet for each globe. But what I finally determined was my problem was that while I can easily follow a target that is moving, no matter how fast or how much it dodges, I don't have the reaction time necessary to jump from one globe to the next as I'm not actually "following" anything. So by the time I actually go to the globe that lights up, I wouldn't actually have any time to make sure my aiming reticle was over it before shooting (hence why even shotguns don't help).

It "might" be possible for someone like me to do it if instead of it just jumping from one globe to the next, it instead had a line that MOVES from one globe to the next instead of just suddenly appearing. That would allow someone to at least try to track movement like they would if they were tracking an enemy that is moving and dodging.

All together if I had to rate this test on a 1-10 scale I would give it a negative 20 since the only way I was ever going to pass it was based purely on luck.

So, to anyone else having trouble. Instead of picking up a gun based on accuracy or even spread fire (shotgun, I tried that as well, no go due to age and reaction/tracking problems), pick one up with a decent rate of fire and the biggest ammo clip you can get. Then spray and pray whenever it gets close to when an orb should light up.

Absolutely disgusted with this test as in game in real missions I almost always go for aimed headshots.

Edited by silent_buddha

Doesn't even let you know anything beforehand. I had a bow equipped first time which has a naturally slower flight time with arrows, so no chance at all. :/

This is perhaps the biggest issue with the system. *Anything* would be better than nothing at all. A description of the challenge would be great so we can actually go in prepared.

I hope they don't dumb it down before I get to try it, I'm really excited it might be a challenge this time around!

Edit: Though, I think it would be nice if they gave you e.g. 3 trys before the 24h cooldown, I can see some people getting frustrated with this type of challenge, that would at least give a little room to practice.

Edited by arune

You don't waste them. All level ups you get while not passing the test still counts towards your progress. Thus, after succeeding the test, you'll get all the XP you collected meanwhile added to your rank.

Really?? This was changed/fixed? Never knew if it was a bug or not.

In CB, as a noob I did not Know about the rank tests and leveled my warframe and gear with orange bar full for a long time before figuring out what it was. And when I passed the teste No points were collected during the period I maxed out for the teste!

For that reason I have stopped lvling warframes our gear until I pass the rank test I'm stuck on.

As for the testes itself, they were to easy before U7... It is good to make it more challenging and go for different types of tests but it needs work:

Like informe the type of teste it is so we can go prepared (example: the lightball/reaction time teste), so we don't go to a gun fight with a spoon!

Adding to this lack of info the 24h to repeat makes it even worse.

To be Able to train would be nice and give meaning to a Dojo... Actually, I thought this would be done with the new update when the DE talked about the Dojo and new tests. That there would be a sort of training ground to learn and train for specific things.

On that acount I'm stuck at rank 5 because of this ball teste... Seriously, starting round 3 with a ball lighting on my back... Is this a psychic teste too? It should iniciate when you hit first target like a "get ready, on your marks, go" thing or something similar.

Almost had it Yesterday... missed 2 targets because of a reload and a bad aim. :( ... I petition to ban this test! lol

I'm putting my 2 cents in here as well. I agree with people in that to seriously put in something like 3 strikes and you get a 24 hour CD or start with a 10 minute one then go up from there increasing by 10 or 20 minutes. but seriously 24 hours on the first attempt? I failed because the guy was stuck in the stupid container. WTH? Now I have to wait 24 hours to try again and hope he doesn't get stuck again. SMH. Another suggestion could be to add a way to pay plat for clearing the CD. Everything else is pay for CD, why not this as well? Granted yes I understand you all wanting to "control" how far someone can level up when grinding but seriously screws the rest of us that want to play causally. Come on now. Fix this.

Edited by Ryuks2

Got the M6 test yesterday and failed, too. Here's what happened.

Something is said about tracking and from the beginning I'm somewhere surrounded by white balls. There's a timer top left counting down. Cool ... so I wait until it hits 0 to start, just like with defense missions.

Timer hits 0, and ... I failed.

What am I supposed to do here? Track balls? The whole screen was filled with balls?

Hell the Test of 4 to 5 made me feel like the system hacks of the maps were small fry compared to the lvl up mission ones.

The 4 to 5 test is the Hacking test. And they were the Hacks from hell as well. not impossible but very close call.

Edited by EagleRider

on the argument of reaction times, average human reactioni time is aroun 150 to 300 milliseconds (or 0.15 to 0.30 seconds)

but i feel that the rapid movments of the orbs are to fast and the only way people seem to be passing is by predicting where the orb will go, i have another theroy abotu passing but i will have to test it out, i will let you know if it is a flunk or not

That is when your brain receive and send signals but not when your hands actually carry out the physical action.

Unless u all are on steroids, cuz i have 0.89 seconds and people of same class as me go down lowest to 0.69 seconds.

We are 19 this year anyway. not your old uncles.

Also we tested our reaction speed multiple times using the machine that cost $120,000. God lol

Edited by Ascension

Well, I finally got past it based purely on luck.

I finally just got the gun with the largest ammo clip I could find and then used "spray and pray" aiming to just start hosing the screen with bullets whenever it got to the 4th or 5th globe which was about to light up.

I'm sure that's totally not what this test was meant to test. In rounds 1 and 2 I did it like you are probably supposed to with a single bullet for each globe. But what I finally determined was my problem was that while I can easily follow a target that is moving, no matter how fast or how much it dodges, I don't have the reaction time necessary to jump from one globe to the next as I'm not actually "following" anything. So by the time I actually go to the globe that lights up, I wouldn't actually have any time to make sure my aiming reticle was over it before shooting (hence why even shotguns don't help).

It "might" be possible for someone like me to do it if instead of it just jumping from one globe to the next, it instead had a line that MOVES from one globe to the next instead of just suddenly appearing. That would allow someone to at least try to track movement like they would if they were tracking an enemy that is moving and dodging.

All together if I had to rate this test on a 1-10 scale I would give it a negative 20 since the only way I was ever going to pass it was based purely on luck.

So, to anyone else having trouble. Instead of picking up a gun based on accuracy or even spread fire (shotgun, I tried that as well, no go due to age and reaction/tracking problems), pick one up with a decent rate of fire and the biggest ammo clip you can get. Then spray and pray whenever it gets close to when an orb should light up.

Absolutely disgusted with this test as in game in real missions I almost always go for aimed headshots.

Yup heres the idea !! his got it haha.

I just took gorgon over mod it with ammo clip, and Track(Spray) across the freaking lines until the white orb for a hit, that will reduce the reaction time needed to click after you located the white orb :P but god that is ridiculously dumb for real.

I had a problem with this (balls, tracking, shoot glowing balls) mission rank 5 --> 6. I was able to acquire the target and click on it much, much faster than I was needed to, but I had a hek and lex as my loadout. The reload times made me fail the test at the third level test. There should be a disclaimer before the test (you need a weapon that can fire up to this many bullets in this time) OR the gear/mod selection needs to be after going in the test OR they need to supply the player with a suitable gun. Otherwise it'll just lead to people failing the tests because they have the wrong gear.

Edited by Inofor

I had a problem with this (balls, tracking, shoot glowing balls) mission rank 5 --> 6. I was able to acquire the target and click on it much, much faster than I was needed to, but I had a hek and lex as my loadout. The reload times made me fail the test at the third level test. There should be a disclaimer before the test (you need a weapon that can fire up to this many bullets in this time) OR the gear/mod selection needs to be after going in the test. Otherwise it'll just lead to people failing the tests because they have the wrong gear.

So that's how it works? Of all the white balls around me, one will be glowing and I have to shoot it once?

So that's how it works? Of all the white balls around me, one will be glowing and I have to shoot it once?

Yeah. You'll first have to see the white ball, then shoot it, then it will move to another spot, then you'll have to shoot it again until you complete the level. There's at least 3 levels of it. I didn't find it particularly difficult.