The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Is Overpowered?

Nnazqul

Hysteria has ABSOLUTELY NOTTTHHING to do with your current melee weapon. You get Claws. I has nothing to do with your current melee weapon bozo. 

You may want to check the U12 notes. 

Warframe changes, 

Hysteria now takes weapon damage and crit in to consideration. 

I'm just going to guess no one until OP actually decided to try running Valkyr in high levels with the new tweaks until now. 

You may want to check the U12 notes. 

Warframe changes, 

Hysteria now takes weapon damage and crit in to consideration. 

I'm just going to guess no one until OP actually decided to try running Valkyr in high levels with the new tweaks until now. 

I did, a lot to understand what the changes really are, how mods modify damages and stuff, did a topic where people helped a ton for this.

What we gathered there is that now Hysteria deals less damage than before if you use a very high base attack weapon like Orthos P, Fang P or Jat Kittag (the best for now) and a bit more with high crit weapon like Dual Cleaver, Dual Zoren or Dual Ichor (the best damage you can get of all weapon) and of course a maxed Blind Rage + Focus.

The only mods affecting Hysteria on your weapon are Point Strike, Spoiled Strike, Organ Shatter and True Steel.

The armor made her a bit more sturdy giving you a decent survavibility bonus with a maxed Steel Fiber and Warcry's bonus.

Now the bad point is that you need to have a good weapon with crit build to have a bit more damage than before with Hysteria, meaning that you can't level any weapon with Valkyr without forgetting about your ult.

So if we want to see the good side on this, she does a bit more damage than before and tanks a bit more.

The bad point is that you need Dual Ichor or Zoren or Cleavers to make Hysteria more powerfull than it was before U12, any other melee will lead to a loss of damage.

Here you have the damage comparison : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134007-warframe-powers-post-u12/?p=2051215

Here is a thread were we discussed the thing a bit : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173523-u12-valkyr-changes-feedback/?p=2034406

Valk is far from overpowered. She only works as intended. Only play her if you love melee combat. Ember and nova are far more useful. Valk just hits a sweet spot for me because I love up close and personal fights. XD Be happy with your warframes that can insta pop a entire room of 50 enemies and leave my Valk alone.

Valk is far from overpowered. She only works as intended. Only play her if you love melee combat. Ember and nova are far more useful. Valk just hits a sweet spot for me because I love up close and personal fights. XD Be happy with your warframes that can insta pop a entire room of 50 enemies and leave my Valk alone.

Valkyr is only fine as a tank.

Problem is - she is not supposed to be a tank.

You're not wrong be the thing is, if Ember or Nova can't wipe 50 ennemies anymore because they became too strong you won't be the one able to help them by spending half of your Hysteria or all your health pool on a single heavy.

Valkyr is only fine as a tank.

Problem is - she is not supposed to be a tank.

Yeah i find that hillarious.

They took the concept of a berzerker/barbarian Frame, but didn't added any ability to truely dish out a lot of physical damage, which should be the primary purpose of a berzerker. Instead we got two shouts and a invincibility ability that locked you down on melee.

Also they took a character that looks like she got her skin peeled off and gave her more armor than the armored looking Warframes.

And when people complained that her weak shield (our primary health system) and lack of health reocvery made her too fragile because she can't dish out damage to balance it out, they added more armor and added health recovery on the invincibility, the one ability everyone was allready relying on far too much. So the only thing she is good at is tanking damage, which she shouldn't do because she is a berzerker.

Sure popular images of berzerkers shows them with weapons still stuck in their bodies, standing over slain enemies after a bloody rage, which might fit into what Scott imagined with Hysteria (feel no damage until no enemy is left) but it doesn't really work because he forgot the the "slain enemy" part, because they decided your berzerker rage should limit your range and movement (stamina used up with every strike) and make you stuck in awkward air strike animation a lot, without giving you much of a damage boost.

Also it seems they forgot that this is still primarily a shooter and you are working with a team who have AOE ability and guns.

So the logical thing would be more focus on health recover than straight invicibility and especialy on the damage dealing part.

And all that after we had that massive excrement storm after Scott decided to nerf Overheat (leading to it being now removed completely) because it made Ember "too tanky" which in Scott's argument she shouldn't be because she is a damage dealer. A SHORT range battle mage damage dealer type.

I'm not the only one who sees the irony here?

If there is one Warframe which by it's nature should have had 4 damage dealing abilities like Ember original had it should have been Valykr.

Edited by Othergrunty

Which is why I'm an advocate of just scrapping Hysteria all together (or at least scrap it's current implementation and remake it from scratch) and moving the Lifesteal to Warcry.

That way you would "tank" not by invulnerability from Hysteria but from bathing in the blood of your enemies. Plus, you'd be able to let your allies do the same - and most importantly: you would get to use a proper melee weapon rather than those damnable claws since Warcry doesn't take your melee weapon away like Hysteria.

Which is suitably Berserker-ish - in most video game incarnations of the Berserker (including the Diablo series Barbarian), Lifesteal on melee hits is a core component to make sure they can stay alive without having to resort to tank abilities.

Edited by Brimir

I still think dropping the whole claw thing and letting you go crazy with your favorite choppy, stabby, or crushy. Heck, just add the damage type of hysteria to whatever weapon your already using. And if you want to go true berzerker, have her shields drop to zero (berzerkers tended to battle naked) let her take damage but give her a huge armor boost, more stamina, and life leech.

I still think dropping the whole claw thing and letting you go crazy with your favorite choppy, stabby, or crushy. Heck, just add the damage type of hysteria to whatever weapon your already using. And if you want to go true berzerker, have her shields drop to zero (berzerkers tended to battle naked) let her take damage but give her a huge armor boost, more stamina, and life leech.

Really, all they would need to do is keep the CC immunity - that is the only good thing about Hysteria right now.

Equipped melee weapon + Some sort of melee damage buff + CC immunity.

That'd be awesome.

so 14k crits 90% of the time isnt good damge? then again we can add that +55% from steal charge. Anyone who dies when Hysteria ends hasn't played valkyr for more than a day cuz honestly it has never happened to me since and I've taken my valkyr to lvl 70 defense with the only problem being heavy gunners.

so 14k crits 90% of the time isnt good damge? then again we can add that +55% from steal charge. Anyone who dies when Hysteria ends hasn't played valkyr for more than a day cuz honestly it has never happened to me since and I've taken my valkyr to lvl 70 defense with the only problem being heavy gunners.

How ? Just how can you get a weapon to 90% crits to start with ? And 14k... people using FULL Steel Charge, full power strength, full mods and Dual Ichor capped around 10k, and far from 90% crit chance.

Pix, or it hasn't happened.

Edited by Cyrionn

How ? Just how can you get a weapon to 90% crits to start with ? And 14k... people using FULL Steel Charge, full power strength, full mods and Dual Ichor capped around 10k, and far from 90% crit chance.

Pix, or it hasn't happened.

Last I checked Valkyrs fists in the ult has a base crit chance of 50 percent. Melee weapons crit chance are added onto that.

you add the weapons damage and crit to the 300 50% x2 or 3 whatever it is and you get a x4 multiplier running blind rage and focus. it acutally comes out to just under 13k but i was tired when i made that post. U12 valkyr does like x10 damage of u11 valkyr.

Unless they changed something in the latest hotfixes, you are wrong. Off to try that.

Edit : Confirmed that you're wrong. If you want more information there you go :

Damage calculation : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134007-warframe-powers-post-u12/?p=2049938

Weapons Comparison : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134007-warframe-powers-post-u12/?p=2051215

note here that this is not effective DPS as crit chances aren't in those equations, so Dual Ichor is by far best melee weapon for Hysteria giving slightly better DPS than it used to have before U12 (with full power strength build), any other weapon is a loss of DPS.

Still, thanks for bumping a Valkyr thread I guess.

Edit 2 : Forgot to give credits to PsycloneM for his quality posts.

Edited by Cyrionn