Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Pc Split Screen

BO512

A thing I would like to see on pc and ps4 is a split screen gamemode, this could be 2-4 local players on their own or with online players as well, please include this in a future update.

Split screen is a thing of the past, people should stop hoping for this in any game. Lowers Frame rate, generally makes the game difficult to have a UI for. Theres reasons so few games have it these days and VERY few of those work well to begin with.

got 2 instances running ok and filling 1 monitor, as mentioned in the youtube comment i made, you CAN run 2 (weird aspect ratio due to window scaling) however you can only control 1 at a time which isnt useful for 2 people on 1 PC, it "might" work IF warframe had the option to disable/enable controller support, as it stands the "in focus" warframe has both mouse/keyboard as well as joypad/controller on that 1 client leaving the other unable to use anything.

i was kinda hoping i could use my keyboard/mouse and my nephew could use my ps3 controller (using motioninjoy drivers) and that id be able to help him go through mercury/venus using this nifty convenient way (for some reason our pc's wont connect to each other, always session unavail) plus ofc that would mean wed be sat next to each other making it a lot easier as we can chat and i could explain wth is going on.

still trying weird things, tho im not expecting a lot at present, mostly did it for a laugh and to see if it would work.

excuse the crappy bandicam capture, its still better than the shakey vid i first did with my phone/tablet.

Edited by Methanoid

Split screen is a thing of the past, people should stop hoping for this in any game. Lowers Frame rate, generally makes the game difficult to have a UI for. Theres reasons so few games have it these days and VERY few of those work well to begin with.

Lego games, Serious Sam games and Portal 2 all have split screen and work well.

Being able to share a beer after a big in-game battle is tastier with irl mates.

I would love split screen for Warframe, but in all honesty, there's more important issues for the devs to deal with.