Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Freeze Based Continous Fire Weapon, With 3 Firing Options

darkslayr425

My idea for a weapon starts like this, its a corpus continous fire weapon that does cold damage. This damage maybe be 30 per bullet, with a RoF of 6ish. Now the beam goes for 20ish metres. However, what makes this weapons intresting is the charge attacks. Instead of holsing down fire(seeing as that wouldnt work for a continous fire weapon), you hold right mouse button to charge up a snowball esque attack. This does NO damage, but has an AoE(similar to stug usage) freeze effect, like avalanche. This leads to intresting tacital manuevers, however what happens if you interupt the charge? A 'pulse' of cold status proc. this wave acts like a cone, dealing 15 (base) cold damage and giving the cold status proc. the radius of the cone increases with the charge level of the weapon, and it travels 20 metres. The idea of the multiple firing modes is thus:

1.continous fire mode, to do straight damage to single enemies, not forcing switching weapons, and allowing the weapon to be viable to a certain degree

2. Fully charges, to use as an intresting crowd control option, when the enemies are over 20 metres away from you, potentially letting teammates clean them up, or using an ability like reckoning to benefit your team

3.partially charged, this exists to make the weapon more intresting, as well as giving it a way to deal with swarming uniquely, and rewarding skill, by timing your cancel so that you get the maximised cone(as the closer you get to being fully charged the greater the effect of the cone scaling is, eg at 1/5 charge you might only have 1/15 of the max possible radius) and providing s reason NOT to use lethal torrent, allowing greator customisation depending on playstyle.

Tell me if anything needs rebalancing in the idea stages, the charge is ment to be fairly fast, ~1 second base value?

Edited by darkslayr425

I do realise the freeze ray was coming, which is what inspired me to make up this idea. what i wanted to share was what i thought was potentially the most fun, and best way to implement this gun, which seems to still be in design stages

This is nice, because we have only concept-art here and can't say how this thing going to work :/