Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Capacity Mods- Shut Up And Take All My Money!

Nevrmoor

Im serious, up to now i havent found one of those bloody Shield Cap mods.

That really makes me walk on the edge on higher lvl missions. Health is good, but wont get you through a level all by itself.

I would pay 50 Plat for one high level Shield Cap mod.

Basically thats the only thing thats holding me back right now to grind the guts out of Outer Terminus again.

So far I found

Power Efficiency, Strength, Duration and Max Energy

Health

Numerous Skill Cards for other frames

Also, Melee Dmg Mods for my Frame, anyone found one so far?

Ow and Mod Stacking, please concider reimplementing it, Health and Armor wont cut it on Mag and Loki, effectively putting them at an overall disadvantage in terms of survivability if they cant stack shield cap and recharge.

forget Mod stacking, make it possible to supercharge certain mods!

Edited by Nevrmoor

I've found 1 redirection and 1 vitality for my frame. The rest have all been sentinel bloody drops.

Since then I've spent a lot of credits and fusion cores ranking them up. They are exceedingly rare for a common mod.

Loki and Mag are meant to be squishy. Mag is monstrously damaging and Loki is reliant on his stealth and subterfuge powers. Making them tanky just means that the likes of Rhino are always unused unless you particularly like him. And considering my mag has nearly 300/300 health and shield with only rank 3 and 4 of shield and vitality mods, I think they're just fine in terms of potency. Trouble is you're trying to do end game zones with what is effectively a character that is only a week or so old. U7 made everyone a newbie, even the old vets.

Edited by J-Pax

Go farm Corpus missions on Venus, or farm M Prime on Mercury, these are the best places to get them.

Corpus tend to drop Warframe mods [not Warframe powers like Infested do], and you can speed run M Prime for the mission reward, which is often health/shield mods. Or find another Raid mission to speed run.

i haven't found a single maximum energy mod, so i've been playing the whole time without ever using my 4th skill on rhino and the 3rd one hardly (once or twice in 8 days).

on a completely unrelated note, which enemy type have you been going after mainly? avoided anyone in particular?

Edited by SlyBoots

Go farm Corpus missions on Venus, or farm M Prime on Mercury, these are the best places to get them.

Corpus tend to drop Warframe mods [not Warframe powers like Infested do], and you can speed run M Prime for the mission reward, which is often health/shield mods. Or find another Raid mission to speed run.

thx guy i will try baby

My new favorite mission is Unda on Venus. It is probably just a coincidence, but on one mission I got a fast defelction for frames. (Shield recharge) On the next mission back to back there I got a Redirection. (Yes, the holy grail, shield capacity)

Again, it's probably a coincidence, but I am not one to not try it three or four more times hoping for similar or the same drops.

I have been around every faction, Saturn, Venus and Jupiter mainly, but also other planets where they chopped off my head when i sticked it out, not only def missions but also Boss battles and other missions, its just badluck i guess.

The thing is, i got everything to do Outer Terminus, except Shield Capacity, and thats what im trying to convey here.

@Jax

I dont want them to be tanky, i just want to give them a chance to Survive on the Endgame, Mags Armor and health is just a little more than nothing, she can only rely on her shield and dodging, but even that has its limits. Plus, to pull off effective Crushes you somewhat need to be in the middle of everything. 600 Shield is gone in 2 secs on pluto, i am not concidering that "tanking", but that enables you to pull off something and retreat to cover.

Either make it stackable or make it possible to supercharge certain mods, well, that would be it! gonna write that down in the OP quick

Supercharge certain mods FTW!

it's just that infested drop noticeably more skill cards/mods - so one cannot help but think that the factions have different loot tables and people have been suggesting patterns... but i guess venus is as good as saturn... i'm out of ideas at this point.

50 platinum is nothing. Shields were overpowered, on the 150 base shield Warframes, they likely stil are. Insisting it's the only reason you can't do Outer Terminus is even more evidence they are blatantly overpowered.

Now why should something that instantly opens up access to the endgame be only 50 platinum when it's 45 Platinum to guarantee 1/5 would be uncommon?

what the hell are you on about, orphy? he didn't list all the other mods he already has that are mandatory in order to be able to pay a visit to pluto. a shield mod is just the last one in that list that's missing. you don't get access to the "endgame" with just a shield mod... plus you need to upgrade/fuse all of 'em...

Edited by SlyBoots

Yeah, Sly is right, as said earlier, i have everything i concider necessary to do Solo Outer Terminus again, except Shield Capacity.

For your concideration, here is a complete list of stuff I run now:

Shield Recharge Level 5

Smoke Screen Level 3

Bladestorm Level 3

Teleport Level 3 (I really need that)

Sprint Speed Level 5 (+30% Speed)

Power Duration Level 5 (30%)

Power Max Level 3/5 (100%, ran out of cores there...)

Power Efficiency Level 5 (30%)

And two Slots with Vitality respective Shuriken because i have nothing else worth carrying around, and i need that vitality in order not to die on the first burst.

Not to mention the collection of maxed Melee Dmg Mods of which im proud of, still not quite the Dmg i had pre U7, but something to work with.

Yet, without Shield Cap mod im not even trying anymore to go beyond Sedna, and even Sedna is tuff turf for me.

where to find Power Efficiency?
i haven't found a single maximum energy mod, so i've been playing the whole time without ever using my 4th skill on rhino and the 3rd one hardly (once or twice in 8 days).

Both these are most likely to drop from Corpus missions - try Corpus raids while you're at it to get Redirection mods.

It is kind of sad that I have gotten more defensive mods for my sentinel than my frame. Perhaps, it is just bad luck. I've tried playing some of the high leveled planet missions but with only a 100 shield and 100 health, I get slaughtered. However, there is some kind of excitement in the game when even a single enemy is threatening.

I got mine from mercury boss lev, i just kept running around kiling everything, and its tough to do that when you get a racer that decides to come into the mix, just kill everything, then go to areas that are not listed for you to go next, kill all the respawns, and repeat over and over again, but like I said its really tough to do that from people joining and deciding to skip every single mob there is to get to the finish line lol.

The worst part about this is the obscene amount of points it takes to equip shield/health mods when they're mandatory. My level 30 loki has nothing but invis, decoy, level 5 shield, some power efficiency and duration, and max stamina. I'm sacrificing two abilities just to have that, and I'll have to sacrifice something again if I want to slot HP to get above being insta-killed when my shield drops.

Basically if you want high level shield and hp cards with high level abilities, that's all you're going to have without a potato.

If you have a high level shield, why would you need a high level hp. Still dropping hp doesn't free up very much energy.

If you run with an energy siphon artifact, you don't need the power efficiency. Which still isn't exactly an extremely expensive card.

been playing all over mercury and venus ever since update 7 landed, almost maxed mag and lato vandal levels from scratch but still not a single shield capacity mod. loads of every other mods, though (like, dozens of "continuity" mod or so).

whoever punched in the droprate numbers for this thing, you serious bro?