Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Environmental Hazards 2.0 Wip

RustyNaps

UPDATE: Infested Ship/Asteroid has been added! Changed title for even less confusion of absent content

---------------------------------------------------------------------

DE has these Hazards things that could use a look it at. 

So I am making my own based on the difficulty numbers 1-5 on missions and tile sets, originals taken from the wiki and extras added of my own.

Difficulties they appear on will be labeled by the Hazard with a bold DIF/1-5. Ones that always appear will be labeled with (THROUGHOUT)

If a faction is home on an invaded tile set some of their hazards will be swapped or applied.

Some of these Hazards can be combined with others. But there can only be 2 at a time. Sometimes 1 will only happen or they won't happen at all.

NOTE: There will be separate effects for separate factions!

GLOBAL SHIP/ASTEROID HAZARDS:

Cryogenic Leak: DIF/2-5

In this hazard, the maximum amount of shields will be lowered by 50% for the duration of the mission, shield recharge is untouched. Patches of ice are scattered across the map for aesthetic effect. When on ice your warframe and enemies will loose friction and when sprinting for long periods on ice your warframe will have 2% chance to trip.

Self Destruct: DIF/4-5

In this hazard patches of fire will lay about on the ground that damage the player and enemies standing in them. Also random explosions can happen anywhere throughout the ship every 3 seconds that will stagger or knockdown the player and enemies. All units will be already aware.

Big Guns: DIF/5

This hazard has the chance for a random mini boss appearance. Lotus will warn the player about the boss before it's appearance. (Boss will scale according to mission NPC level.)

CORPUS SHIP HAZARDS:

Atmospheric Vent: DIF/1-5 (THROUGHOUT)

Breakable windows that can cause an atmospheric vent hazard to occur are identified as "Reinforced Glass" when pointed at and have an HP bar. In order to stop an atmospheric vent, you have to hack a nearby console to raise shields up over the broken window.

Manufacturing Drought: DIF/2-5

This hazard will cause the spawning of Corpus proxies to be limited but increase the number of crewmen aboard.

Secure Awareness: DIF/3-5

This hazard will heighten Proxy awareness and double the count of security ceiling turrets. This will make being undetected more difficult. 

GRINEER GALLEON HAZARDS:

Test Tube Abundance: DIF/2-5

This hazard causes more melee and common medium units to spawn.

Engine Fluctuation: DIF/3-5

In this hazard flux relays found in hallways (that reddish orange light moving along the ground back and forth) and in loot rooms (The green beam) will be overloaded randomly shooting out electrical currents that will damage and stun the player or enemy.

Cannon Fodder: DIF/4-5

In this hazard can cause Galleon ship cannons to malfunction rarely, causing a large deadly explosion. But if a Grineer can get to the console near the cannon in time the malfunction will stop. If not, Lotus will tell the player to seek cover before the explosion.

Heavy Ordinance: DIF/5

This Hazard spawns more Elite and Heavy Gunner units.

INFESTED SHIP/ASTEROID HAZARDS:

Nanite Swarm: DIF/1-5 (THROUGHOUT)

In this hazard any Technocyte nanite cloud (the orange particles) that comes into contact with the player slightly damages them and slows them down to 20% speed for a durration. Nanite clouds also have the chance to viral proc. Infested units are not affected by the clouds.

Fleshy Foliage: DIF/1-5 (THROUGHOUT)

If the player walks through patches of infested flesh plants their movement will be slowed down 20%. These plants also have the chance to viral proc the player. Infested units are unaffected by them.

Hive Mentality: DIF/2-5

In this hazard infested units are more aware of their surroundings and can alert more units in a larger radius making being undetected harder.

Ancient Armies: DIF/3-5

This hazard causes Ancients and Special infested units to spawn more frequently.

ResurrectionDIF/4-5

In this hazard nanite swarms will be able to resurrect recently deceased infested units back to half health. But if they don't get to a body in time before it disappears it'll look for another target or wander. Note 1 nanite cloud can only resurrect 1 infested unit.

More on the way soon!

Edited by RustyNaps

Post something constructive or leave.

Wow, so aggressive.

Actually, that was my idea. Do you remember episode in Corpus Invasions, when you have to leave ship and fight outside? Something like this, but multiple times during the mission

Better than just holes in the windows.

Wow, so aggressive.

Actually, that was my idea. Do you remember episode in Corpus Invasions, when you have to leave ship and fight outside? Something like this, but multiple times during the mission

Better than just holes in the windows.

Sorry I just can't stand excessive caps, trolls use them.

Maybe. I'll think about where I could add that.

Thats what I am doing :D.

Grineer will have their own effects.

It shall be excellent to read when it is finished then.

And for the sake of variety, may I suggest multiple possible variations per threat level? :v So, you know, there's more randomness to the maps.

Edited by Sidathe

It shall be excellent to read when it is finished then.

And for the sake of variety, may I suggest multiple possible variations per threat level? :v So, you know, there's more randomness to the maps.

Well they already do stack. And the only randomly occurring one I am thinking of making would be random ship/outpost raids on some missions.