Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unofficial Mods That Suck And What To Do About It Thread

H0lt

All magazine capacity mods.

All of them nee to be able to fused up to 100% Also i think that 10% is to low 15 or 20 would be more reasonable. the gorgon maxing at 130 is incredibly dumb.

For shotguns maybe change it to 1 shell per level and make it 5 levels. a hek with 5 or 6 shells is garbage and that use to be my favorite gun.

I have the same issue with ammo capacity mods.

Staggering force is also under powered. 2.5% is unreasonalbly low for each level on a melee stun mod.

Fast hands needs more levels and a boost to 7.5% or 10% per level both its power per point and maximum boost are no where near worth the price.

Split chamber makes sense to have as expensive but it should still reach 100% maxed. Reducing the starting cost so that maxed it costs 15 but leaving the per level at 10% would make it so that it would still take a ton of work to max out.

Stream line is way too weak please boost to 8% per level and reduce starting by 1 mod point.

Rush costs WAY to much initaly gor a 5% per level moivement boost itshould realy start at 1 point. The same goes for Loot Radar.

Presure point needs a boost to 10% per level or some aditional levels and a reduction in inital point cost.

Reflex coil could use a boost to 12.5% per level.

True Steel could use a boost to maxing at 45% just like point strike. if done through level cap it will need a reduction in starting cost. If it costs the same when maxed then 20% would be good.

Killing blow costs to many mod points stasrting but is otherwise fine,

Continuity Needs a reduction in inital price to 2 and a to cap at 40% or 50% not 30%

Last mod i can think of that not only needs a boot but NEEDS to be put back in. WARFRAME MEELE BOOST! needs to be max at 100 and cost something like 10 for max.

Its obvious that one of my biggest issues is how much melee feels gimpped verses the old system and how now even my heavily modded heat dagger cant one shot a low level grineer. My giant axe should realy cut through level 30 or under infested like a hit knife through butter even when not charged,

I understand that you can get extra damage with downed enemies and stealth attacks but stealthing with a sentinel is way to hard and in my experience grouped nearly impossible to get the special kills. Also i have issues getting the proned enemy ground strikes to go off,

I hope other players add to this lisat as even though i have all the weapons besides the Dark Sword and have experimented a freat deal with multiple frames I'm sure I have missed some important ones.

i think multishot is fine like it is now, it is increasing your damage by 100% with some shots, so 60% is ok.

in my opinion they should rethink the multiplicative calculation, then some mods would get stronger on their own.

at the moment most of the mods are useless because of this

I had the same thought for shotgun clip capacity mods.

Some pistols have the same issue. For those weapons for which you really need / want a clip capacity boost anything less than 50% really isn't worth the mod slot.

I haven't checked any numbers, so I may be preaching to the choir, but a mod should have an impact starting at rank 1. If it doesn't, something needs to be fixed. The mod system can be unforgiving enough without containing dead space.

i think multishot is fine like it is now, it is increasing your damage by 100% with some shots, so 60% is ok.

in my opinion they should rethink the multiplicative calculation, then some mods would get stronger on their own.

You mean additive?

A mod should have an impact starting at rank 1. If it doesn't, something needs to be fixed. The mod system can be unforgiving enough without containing dead space.

This I can definitely agree with. Rifle mods especially feel like this.

yes, thats what i mean, because of the multiplicative system, most of the mods give wrong informations about the actual value.

like this: a 60% crit chance mod on Paris (who has 20% base) would give an increase of 12%, it would raise the chance to 32%

the same mod on a braton vandal (who has 7,5% base) would give you 4,5%, it would raise to 12%

the same for crit damage, there is no fixed crit damage stat that you can see, i dont know exactly what it is, 1,5x or 2x, but in other games it would be like this:

weapon deals 100 base damage, my character has 50% crit damage base. this would mean a critical strike would deal 150dmg. a crit damage mod would would raise it by 60%, up to 110%, this would mean my weapon deals 210dmg on crit.

with our multiplicative system iit is not adding 60% extra damage, it is adding 60% of the 1,5 (or +50%) multiplicator, it would increase the damage to 1,8 or 80%, so the damage would be increased from 100 to 180, instead of the named 110% (60% increase)

only the damage, health and shield mods are logical for now in my opinion, because the rest is purely based on very low stats or stats taht you cant see.

Edited by LazerusKI

I had the same thought for shotgun clip capacity mods.

Some pistols have the same issue. For those weapons for which you really need / want a clip capacity boost anything less than 50% really isn't worth the mod slot.

I haven't checked any numbers, so I may be preaching to the choir, but a mod should have an impact starting at rank 1. If it doesn't, something needs to be fixed. The mod system can be unforgiving enough without containing dead space.

I agree whole heartedly on a number of the pistols.

the mods that are not making sense in my opinion are:

Flow (percentual power max, should be a fixed number)

Critical Chance (because the numbers are jsut wrong)

Critical damage (the same)

i think the rest is fine the way it is.

for the ammo mods: my opinion is, that they are good most of the time.

the problem is not the mod, it is the fact that the ammo packs are not scaling.

there is a big difference in ammo if i compare eg the latron with the gorgon. the gorgon shoots ammo out faster than you can look, you cant refill it with ammopacks. the latron isntead is singleshot with high damage, you can keep it full all the time.

the same for shotguns, there is a big difference between a boar and hek, just because of the rate of fire and damage per hit.

staggering force...i think on max it is 15%...with a high RoF weapon thsi is pretty high, with a two handed weapon...yeah, useless.

and multishot is one of the strongest mods ingame, as i said, it is increasing your damage by 100%

Multiplicative was the first major mistake they made that required drastic nerfs. Planning ahead doesn't seem to be a strong suit.

You forgot to mention how horrible every single puncture mod is atm.

Should max at +10 puncture and cost like 6 energy.

Puncture is not OP, it's just fun.

Enemy Radar and Loot Radar should just be turned into Sentinel mods, seeing as they're missing 2 mods to even stick into their 10 slots.

And all the Rifle dmg mods adding 10% dmg is horribly boring, switch it up a little. Like serration should be higher since it's purely base dmg, but armor pen should be low like it is on pistols beause not all rifles need armor pen and even the ones that do, you only need 1% armor pen to headshot a corpus so a base 5% starting Armor Pen for Rifles as well would be nice so that you don't spend more energy on a higher rank if you don't want to.

----

Edited by Nokturnal

I honestly don't see the justification for multishot anymore...

Lets say use a 40% MS mod, okay, that's 13 points, damage mod that's (5?). 40% multishot is effectively the same effect as a 40% damage mod but far less reliable and more dependant on luck. With all the mods to go on guns that are deducted from a budget, am I the only one thinking it's flat out useless (especially) on rifles?