Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission Concept] Push The Enemy Lines. - Invasion For "planet" Tilesets - Big Battles In Perspective

DeadScream

I got a lot of fun recently playing a survival on an ice planet, in the plain : hordes of enemies, everywhere, shooting and running. Very few places to hide... 

It was awesome, and so I came up with an idea for a game mode that would be more like a "battle" than the invasions we currently have, but with the same spirit. 

starting point

The squad would be dropped next to an ally vessel (Grineer or Corpus, obviously), with a massive troop being deployed (at least 30~40 soldiers).

Not so far, dozens and dozens of enemies are coming from the base. 

phase one  

Defend the vessel until all the troopers are outside and ready to fight.

phase two  

Push the enemy lines, until you find the commander and stop him, giving the control of the territory the ally faction.

There would be a (big) limited number of enemies, but it would not be necessary to kill them all to finish the mission. Only the commander is the target of the Tenno squad. ~ at least 200 enemies in the base.

Enemy squads should be all made of at least one leader unit, one heavy unit, two snipers, three regular units and five melee units, and move as groups, with the leader in front of them, surrounded by melee units, followed by regulars and the heavy, and then the snipers who would not get under 50 metters from us.

The base's commander would be a leader unit with improved abilities (not necessarly health or strenght), or a capture target (or even a boss), and he would also move with his own squad.

Thoughts ?

Sounds like it could be fun, and it would be different than what we have now. I like it.

Thanks ^-^

Such an amount of awesome must be balanced by an equal amount of lag...

I thought the same, but in the end there would not be much more enemies than in extermination missions, and not that much more action in a restricted area than in 20 min + survivals (which I have to admit are sometimes buggy as hell...)

I like the Idea but's the 50 meter sniper would force you to use long range weapons or too much range mode to be able to stand your ground and kill the enemy but still I like to try such a thing ... and for the lag part as you said it might be just like long survival runs , and this is better than this new mission type which is kinda of boring .

Edit:  got so excited that this would fit into my plans for invasions I forgot to say how much I like the idea... +1

I would like to see the 5 missions in the invasion set be different and have a sort of progression to them.

Kind of like the following

1st mission:  Defense (could be a typical endless defense where you extract when you want or have a set number of waves required for completion)

2nd mission:  Exterminate (similar to the current invasion missions but you would be repelling the enemy faction from inside the friendly faction's vessel only)

3rd mission:  OP's Enemy Lines (originally I had thought that this would just be another exterminate but with the ship transition in this (3rd) mission only but I like the idea of fighting for the neutral ground and taking out the leader of the invasion forces a lot better)

4th mission:  Exterminate (entirely on enemy ship this time)

5th mission:  Sabotage/Assassinate (you either take out the invading ship or the leader of the invasion itself as a finale)

Personally I think what the invasion missions really need is just some variety so the progression isn't really necessary.  And not just the invasions, I would like to see a lot of new mission types (one of the reasons I am so excited for Update 12 to actually come to PS4 so I can play the new Interception missions).

Edited by (PS4)Ivillious

Personally I think what the invasion missions really need is just some variety so the progression isn't really necessary.  And not just the invasions, I would like to see a lot of new mission types (one of the reasons I am so excited for Update 12 to actually come to PS4 so I can play the new Interception missions).

Thanks for your support on my idea, but I'm sadly about to tell you will be disappointed by U12. ATM the new interception mission is only availabe on Earth, so the enemies are weak and the game mode is less interresting than we thought it would be :/ 

Still waiting for the next updates, this one was a little empty ^^'