Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trainee/master Type Frame, End Game Frame!

1Lightning9

*For the sole purpose of making these easier to read for people who only care for character traits, stats and what not, look for a "***" down below for quicker reading.

So in the lore of Warframe, it is somewhat unclear how Tenno gain their frames. Do they choose them? Do they get one based on personality or skill? Is it possible that there are clans that designate what Warframe they will partake to be (ex. A clan of devout protectors may chose to be Frost/Trinity)? Perhaps a frame is graded on a Tenno's skill set? Who knows? All we do know is that Excalibur was the first, and after him there was more to be made. What if a there was a training suit for would be Warframe masters? A suit that was capable of learning any ability of the others as a sort of "see how this works for you," or a "perhaps you'll like the power of electricity, here try it!" Or maybe even a suit that was dedicated to mastering all of the abilities.

This idea came to me in a dream (dreaming about games, yeah sure a sign of addiction!) but in all reality: A warrior seeks to gain power, whatever his reasons. Why would a Tenno stop at just being good a set of powers/abilities? Why would he or she limit herself to one type of element or style of combat? In the world currently we have martial artists who train in various types of martial arts, why should abilities differ?

So here's an endgame frame idea, or a more... personalized frame to play from start to finish.

A trainee or kind of Grand Master/Elder type of frame (or both, but it'd be redundant).

***Appearance***

Basically the frame's appearance would depend on whether you went trainee (which would be a rather basic looking frame, with not many special details on it), or the Grand Master (in which it would be elaborate with many signs that he/she is a veteran with possible old world looking articles (I'd prefer a male and female variant so people do not complain because this Tenno has the chance of becoming the strongest frame).

***Polarities/Abilities***

Now the reason why it's good for a starting frame and an end frame is:

Starts out with two polarities, possibly the V D combo, and maybe even an aura Polarity (though I'd say no because people have different playing styles and may want to change it to a specific aura). This means, if you want just 4 abilities off any frame, and want to make them cheaper, you'd have to forma FOUR times, of course it'd be worth it. That means in order to enjoy the full potential of this frame you'd have to forma approx. 9 times (this includes the aura) to have a perfect frame. That's 270 ranks!!! Now I know most people would be like, waste of time, I can beat the game with Rhino, but that takes a lot of fun and personality out of the game!

Another beauty to this frame would be that you're not limited to just using 4 abilities of any Frame, if you really wanted, you could use TEN! I wouldn't recommend that because for some mods they do need utility.

There may be a need to give the Master/Grand Master (again if there is both frames) one ability of his own, this should be determined by everyone though.

***Stats***

Alright now for stats, which if there was two frames, trainee and master, the stats would differ a bit (though like I said having one of each would be redundant). So for the sake of just in case I will list two sets of stats.

Trainee:                                                                        Master/Grand Master:

Health: 80 (Rank 30: 280                                              Health: 130 (Rank 30: 400)

Power: 100 (Rank 30: 150)                                           Power: 130 (Rank 30: 195)

Armor: 90                                                                      Armor: 120

Shield Capacity: 100 (Rank 30: 300)                            Shield Capacity: 120 (Rank 30: 275)

Sprint Speed: 1.0                                                          Sprint Speed: 1.15

Stamina: 80                                                                   Stamina: 100 (though could be 80)

I know this was long, and I thank anyone who has taken the time to read it. If you have any ideas for change (EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE), please leave constructive criticism down below. If you like to provide artwork for anything (either frame, the possible ability allowed to a Master/Grand Master, or alternate helmets/skins) that'd be freakin sweet. Lets get this up, because they are working on end game content as we speak so here's an end game/play from the start idea!

P.S. Personally I'd love to see a Straw Hat kind of helm if there is a Grand Master/Master frame that comes out!

Edited by Xephial

Sorry but your lore doesn't work.

The Warframes were built around the tenno (literally around them), to amplify their current powers. So if a Tenno could control electricity, then the Volt Warframe was built around them, as an example. 

Fraid they don't limit themselves, but their powers are limited to the individual. The Tenno can't pick and choose their powers.

Sorry but your lore doesn't work.

The Warframes were built around the tenno (literally around them), to amplify their current powers. So if a Tenno could control electricity, then the Volt Warframe was built around them, as an example. 

Fraid they don't limit themselves, but their powers are limited to the individual. The Tenno can't pick and choose their powers.

Not necessarily, it's possible that Tenno could display their powers in more then one way. Other wise how would Tenno be able to power mods? Or even use frames that didn't exist prior to their cryo sleep, like Zephyr or Valkyr? 

From what we understand from the Excalibur and Ember codex entries, the abilities of the Tenno are gained through exposure to the Void.

Giving the impression that they are the result of some kind of mutation, being "twisted".

So I don't see them as choosing their 'Frame/abilities.

I also think it would be game breaking to have a 'Frame that could equip any ability, and you would only see that 'Frame running around because it would give the best of every aspect from the other 'Frames.

Not necessarily, it's possible that Tenno could display their powers in more then one way. Other wise how would Tenno be able to power mods? Or even use frames that didn't exist prior to their cryo sleep, like Zephyr or Valkyr? 

The Tenno based frames would have existed before cryo sleep, its just they've only recently been discovered. Valkyr is still a Tenno, but was experimented on by the Corpus, and so was given those powers by the Corpus.

As Silraed says, the Lore for Excal and Ember confirms Tenno did not choose their powers, but they acquire them from the void.