The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Return Of The Sentients Lore

immolator1001

I was going to write this for the competition, but couldn't keep myself to 5 paragraphs

Incoming transmission from the Lotus:

Tenno we are getting… disturbing reports from the outer planets. And ancient enemy is returning, something so powerful that the Orokins would release the infestation. Go into the void, access the Orokin data base, see what you can find on the Sentients.

Enter void mission: (These are transmissions Lotus sends the Tenno throughout the mission)

Lotus: Tenno be aware, there are many secrets in the Orokin bases, you must stay focused on your goal of finding information on the Sentients. We must be prepared.

Lotus: Centuries ago the Sentients came from dark space outside the solar system. The Orokin were sure of their superiority, but their hubris was their downfall.

Lotus: The Orokins believed that all they needed was more advanced technology to defeat the Sentients and spent all their resources developing more powerful technology. They played right into the Sentients “hand.”

Lotus: The Sentients turned the Orokin’s technology against them, the more advanced the Orokins became the faster the Sentients wiped them out. So the Orokins turned here, to the void.

Tenno accesses Orokin database with different sections

Sentients: "The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.” Source Excalibur Codex

Infested: “It was a mistake. We act like it was the creation of the Tenno where we lost our morals, but it was long before then… As the Sentient’s pressed in we realized our advanced technology was turned against us. So we turned to the old tech. We found in the old logs mention of the ‘Technocyte virus.’ We weren’t sure if it was an ancient weapon or a disease or just perverse technology, but we thought it would help. If the Sentients would turn our technology against us, why not turn their bodies against them?”

Tenno:

Nekros: “There were so man bodies… We didn’t know… It sat there in the middle of them, and turned to see us. We thought it was a child. Was. I screamed and tried to run but tripped. When I looked to see what I had tripped on it was one of the bodies and it had an iron grip on my leg. Sir, what have we done?”

Writers note: There should be more logs on each warframe but I want to leave those to DE

Tenno:

“‘So it’s decided?’

‘Yes the Void will be our savior.’

‘Will they survive?’

‘All that matters is that we survive.’

‘I don’t see how this could help.’

‘There are reports of the void… Changing us, twisting us, but improving us.’

‘So we’re sending children into that caustic light based on what, stories?’

‘I would let every colony burn if I knew our empire would survive.’”

*Tenno retrieves data cores.*

Lotus: “Tenno… You are learning of your past. You may be confused and have many questions but you will learn them in time. I will tell you this though, yes. You were born here, the void created you.”

Lotus: “You may be conflicted now, and I am not deaf. I know the Tenno’s trust in me has wavered since you have begun to wake. But I have one goal, the survival of my people. You are my people.”

After void mission:

Lotus: Good work Tenno. We have the data cores. Now we must do something I don’t like. The Orokins rapid fall to the Sentients was due to their advanced technology. If the reports are true and the Sentients are returning from dark space the first place they will attack is Pluto. The Corpus hold this position and will suffer the same fate as the Orokins. We must fortify that position in the same way the Orokin did. With the infestation. They have just infected Archeon, go before them and wipe out the Corpus, a human death when compared to the Infestation.

Begin the Tenno assault on Pluto. This is an event where the Tenno must exterminate the Corpus witht eh infestation on their heels. All of the tenno wipe out Pluto until only the Outer Terminus is left.

Enter mission:

Lotus: I dispise using the Infestation, but it’s the only way to create a buffer between the Sentients and the rest of the solar system. If the Corpus remain in control of Pluto they will suffer the same fate as the Orokin.

Lotus: The Sentients are able to turn technology against its creator, that’s why we must use the Infestation. They have no technology.

Lotus: Our best bet is for the Sentients and infestation to wipe themselves out when they meet. We either lose Pluto or we lose the solar system.

End of event all nodes on Pluto are infested except Outer Terminus

Incoming transmission from unknown source:

“Tenno… My old brothers and sisters. The Orokin did this to us. They were losing so they sent us, children, into the Void. It twisted and deformed us and then they sealed us in these frames. They claimed to give us a code of honor but it was only so we would obey them. We fought off the Sentients for them. We died for THEM! And as we did I realized, the Sentients were right, the Orokin did not deserve to survive. By the time you realized your mistakes it was too late. You tried to absolve yourself of sin by destroying the Orokins, but it didn’t matter. You had rejected the Sentients, the future of our evolution and now you shall be cleansed.”—Sentient corrupted Tenno

The Sentients arrive at the Outer Terminus. They have returned.

Edited by immolator1001

You do know that sentients are orokin nicknamed tenno.

I'd have to disagree with you there. 

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first.-- Excalibur Codex

Edited by immolator1001