Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trap Kunai [Melee Weapon Concept]

EnvisionV

So it would apper that a very similar idea was implemented by DE today :D

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182229-update-1220-castanas/

Maybe they drew a bit of inspiration from this? Maybe they didn't and it is just a coincidence. Either way i'm very exceited to see what these have to offer!

[Weapon Name]

I am leaving the name of this concept weapon open to suggestion, the working name for it at the moment however is the Trap Kunai.

[Weapon Description]

A set of four ornamental kunai developed using Corpus technology. These are paired with magnetic gauntlets that allow the Tenno to interact with the Kunai from a distance. See images below. (I seriously can't do art to save myself but I hope you get the concept!)

The Kunai:

th_TrapKunaiConcept_zps598d7e7b.png

The Gauntlets:

th_MagneticGauntletConcept_zpsfcdd4e5d.p

Here is an example of the idea I am trying to create with the gauntlet. Note: This is not my image. Just an image to portray the style/idea I am trying to show.

peregrine_game_glove.jpg

[Weapon Lore]

During a raid on a Corpus ship, the Lotus has acquired a protype for a new corpus laser emitter. It is a much smaller, light-weight version of the current model that allows for deployment in much smaller enclosures. The Tenno have used this new prototype in a design of their own. The Trap Kunai.

[Weapon Acquisition]

Clan Dojo, Energy Lab research item.

[standard Attack]

Using the magnetic abilities of the Trap Kunai and magnetic gauntlets, the Tenno wielding the Trap Kunai, using hand gestures and spins, would be able to have the Kunai make an orbit around their frame. These orbits would be similar to that of Nova's Null Star particles, or the way Viola uses her crystal ball in Soul Calibur 5. This would provide the Tenno with large angle attacks, but with a very short range. Please see animated image below for example.

soul-calibur-5-viola-o.gif

[Charge Attack] (The trap part!)

The Trap Kunai could be thrown one at a time. Once all four have been thrown they would create a laser wall between each of them like a spider web. See images below.

th_2014-02-15_00002_zps5edd000d.png

th_2014-02-15_00003_zpsee755a1e.png

Retrieving the Trap Kunai would be easy. Simply pressing the "reload key" would magnetise all four of the Trap Kunai back to the user's gauntlet so that they may be re-distributed again, or used in hand-to-hand combat.

[Holster Idea]

Again I am no artist, but here is the lovely Ember Prime showing off a quick mock up of an idea for the holster. I like the idea of having them held just above the hip (in the same place as Fang), with two on either side.

th_2014-02-15_00005_zps63c6a254.png

[Weapon Statistics]

Completely open to suggestions and changes as weapon stats are one of those things that are never set in stone. Even after being added to the game. (Hek anybody?)

I think the lasers could act in two different ways:

1) Enemy passes through the laser and takes damage (like that of the Orokin lasers in the Void/Derelict)

2) Enemy is rebounded off laser and takes a small amount of damage (similar to the Corpus laser doors)

I believe the Orokin laser idea works best for these otherwise they could quickly become very over-powered.

(Walls around the pod in infested defence? ... yeah)

[Message from the OP]

I thought these weapons would add diversity and a nice alternative to the usual hack-and-slash we are all used to, while still keeping with the lore and direction of the game. I also believe that having these in the game would also open up more room for strategic play options.

Anyway guys, that is my concept. I hope you find this idea as fun as I do, If so leave a post supporting the idea, or if not leave a post making a suggestion!

Thanks team,

~N3GATIVEZ3R0

Edited by N3GATIVEZ3R0