Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Help With The New Mod System

omnissiah19

Question

i just logged in after having not played in a month or 2 and i read most of the new patch notes but i still confused all my mods are now fusion cores and i cant apply anything and what are orokin catalysts good for now?

Edited by omnissiah19

4 answers to this question

catalyst now double the amount of "mod power" you have, thus giving you MORE points to slot mod cards with, so they still basically dbl yer power

also check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWarframe

you might want to to just slot yer frame abilities and play in mercury for awhile to gather some new mods

save yer fusion cores for now (that's what all yer old mods turned into), and be careful with yer credits, they are MUCH more valuable now

you can rank up any abilities you really use a lot (slash dash, invis, decoy, iron skin, etc) but it will be expensive

FYI copies of mods (ie identicals will fusion at a much higher efficiency and for cheaper than using fusion cores FYI), so it can be cheaper to farm for copies to get mods upgraded vs spending fusion cores and lots of credits

it will be tough at first, U7 is largely a global nerf, but the new mods rank up quite high in some stats

most of your abilities even at rank 3 will be weaker than b4 though, so be warned

best of luck to ya Tenno =]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Okay, first things first, there are a few guides on youtube and the forums general section if you don't find my explination good.

First up, orkin cats and reactors. Without them, at rank 30 for weapons and frames, you will only have 30 modslots. With them, you will have 60 modslots. A very big and important difference, you'll read why soon.

Now the way the system works is that, in game you find mods (like before) Some times they will be the stuff you got before the update, like fire rate, elemental, damage, shields ect. Sometimes they will actually be skill cards for specfic frames/sentinels. Such as getting Ash's blade storm, or loki's switch teleport, and finally, there are the fusion core drops.

Fusion cores are pretty much just for scrap, either sell em, or use em to help rank up new mods (which I'll go over in a bit).

Now then, the new system requires you instead of stacking mods, to rank them up. You cannot have two of the same Mods on the same Weapon/Frame. Such as a HP max in one slot, and a HP max on another anywhere on that same Frame/weapon.

To Rank up mods, you must fuse them with other mods, either standard mods, skill mods, or fusion cores. Now standard mods, Everytime you fuse, a little bar on the side of the mod you are ranking up will go up by a bit, or by a lot depending what you used to rank it up. Standard mods usually give the least towards the bar, but they are a hell of alot cheaper than using Fusion cores to rank up. But Fusion cores give alot of exp, so there is a balance, and of course in that balance, skill cards are right in the middle.

Next, rarity. You will notice that each card has it's own rarity, from common, to uncommon, and Rare. Then from a number next to how common going from 1-5. The higher the rarity, the better Fuse exp it'll give when you fuse it, but once again, the more rare, the more it'll cost in credits. Standard mods are usually commons and uncommons, with a few rares (the elementals, Multishot, and Armour pierce). Skill cards are always Rare. Fusion mods can go from common, to rare, but commparativly, a common 1 fusion core will give more fuse exp than a common 1 standard mod. But again the difference is in credits.

Another factor that plays in, is the rank of the mod you are leveling up, and the rank of the Standard/Skill cards you are using (Fuse cores do not have ranks). If you try to rank up a mod with a mod of higher level, you'll usually get more exp, than with a lower rank mod. The exception to that can be if you fuse mods of the same type, like HP mod with an HP mod of the same rank will give more fuse exp than a HP mod with a Damage mod of the same rank.

Most standard mods (like hp and shield cap increase) max rank are pretty high, as in you can simply keep on leveling until you feel you have enough (i've heard people getting hp up to 500% increase). But other mods do have a clear cap. Rifle multishot can only go up to 60% whereas Shotgun and pistol multishot can go up to 120% (rifles got nerfed T^T). I am not sure of many caps other than that, so it's up to you to find out or look it up.

Now then, another note Commons and Uncommons will sell for maybe 100-600 usually (at begining ranks), pretty crappy money, so better to fuse em. Rare mods always sell for 1k, or more, so they can be good to make a quick buck if you don't need to rank up anything quite fast, or if they don't give enough fuse exp to matter.

Now onto actually putting these mods into your frame/weapons. For now, lets jsut say you are a Level 30 Frame with a reactor. You will have 60 modslots. When you put in a mod or skill card, the ammount of modslots left will go down by the rank of the mod/skill you put in. So say you have a Rank 6 Hp mod, and you insert it, then you will go from having 60 modslots open, down to 54. And it will keeping adding up as you put in more and more mods. If you reach the limit, then you wont be able to put in more mods, simple as that.

Next, there are special symbols you can see on the cards. Ranging from a weird V, to a horizontal line, and so forth. These sysmbols holding a special meaning, if you match up those symbols to the same symbol that you may or may not see on your frames/weapons panel, the ammount of mod slots needed to hold that mod will be cut in half, so you can hold even more powerful mods! (Note that all Warframes will have at LEAST 4 symbols, one for each of its skills.)

Edited by FallenKingErzon