Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Ospreys Fully Functional After Being Disarmed

shut

Well, it's more of a problem with the shielded than the shielder.

Prior to Damage 2.0, any enemy that was hit with Radial Disarm could no longer be healed by a Shield Osprey. Shield Ospreys could still give shields to enemies that were wielding something other than cattle prods. It basically gave the illusion of disabling Shield Ospreys' abilities, at least until other baddies stepped within the shielding range and started glowing blue.

However, since U11 hit, Radial Disarm no longer disables enemies from being shielded. The Shield Ospreys start scooting along the ground in a vain effort to tackle the player, as usual, but they still grant shields to their allies, Disarmed or not.

Now, I'm not entirely sure which situation was the glitch here, but I think that Radial Disarm should rob Shield Ospreys of their shielding abilities entirely, just as it robs Mine Ospreys and Leech Ospreys of theirs. Disarmed Shield Ospreys shouldn't be healing anything; after all, that's what Disarming is supposed to be.

Be great if this could be addressed somehow. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

Disarming is removing a weapon from something, not removing the sole function of a non offensive robot that doesn't do it through an external device. It was a bug that you hit the button and it just sat there, which got fixed.

Edited by WhiteCopain

Disarming is removing a weapon from something, not removing the sole function of a non offensive robot that doesn't do it through an external device. It was a bug that you hit the button and it just sat there, which got fixed.

I guess that's true.

Still, though, if Disarm magically prevents Grineer heavies from punching the ground and prevents Shockwave MOAs from stomping on it, then I guess it wouldn't hurt to prevent Shield Ospreys from doing the thing that makes them such a high-priority target.

In terms of gameplay, Disarm is used to remove not just the weapons, but the abilities of the victims. I don't see why Shield Ospreys should be an exception.

Edited by SortaRandom

Personally I kind of miss it. My favorite thing about radial disarm is not only that it removes guns, but certain abilities as well (such as Grineer Heavies' ground pound and Grineer Commanders' switch teleport). I had always assumed the Shield Opsreys were meant to be affected like that by that logic; it certainly made dealing with the hoard of angry Judo-kicking MOAs a bit easier to handle.

It would be nice if they brought this back IMO, but if it wasn't meant to be I guess it's not a serious loss.

Edited by Paradoxbomb