Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot For Melee

Hixlysss

Every other weapon in this game has multishot, except melee, but then you ask the question of "How do you hit multiple times with a melee weapon?" Simple, Serrated Blades. When you slice each little notch on the blade hits, and then the next hits, and the next, so on.

Mechanics wise I'd treat it like Hell's Chamber rather than Split Chamber. Split Chamber is a chance for an extra hit, Hell's Chamber is simply a % of more hits per shot. I figure a mod like this for melee would work and be welcomed in the game, balancing wise...well Melee DOES need some work but I figure after the dust settles and they get the melee balanced out a multi shot mod that goes up to around 70% would work. 

This will also allow melee weapons an extra chance to proc, and hopefully explain why some of our spinning weapons *stares at glaive.* don't hit multiple times.

Well, theoretically thats a nice idea. Unfortunately, with melee 2.0 coming up, sth like this isnt really practically anymore, simply because the devs already make huge changes to melee (indicated by the whole 2.0 hype thing)

so yeah, its a nice idea but until we actually know whats going to change with 2.0, it unfortunately stays an idea. Doubt they will bringt out any changes to melee before the major update, and who knows, maybe the already have sth like this in 2.0?

well, basically double the damage and status chance=+100% multishot. i am not sure it is necessary for melee. and u know, melee 2.0 is coming who knows what will happen

True, true, melee 2.0 is coming out. And by saying "I'm not sure it is necessary for melee" its not necessary for the other weapons either. They could just double the damage of them instead of adding multishot too them.

True, true, melee 2.0 is coming out. And by saying "I'm not sure it is necessary for melee" its not necessary for the other weapons either. They could just double the damage of them instead of adding multishot too them.

yes, and that's why some players suggest the removal of multishot mods and base damage mods, because they do nothing but increase overall damage output. the fact i dont have to put multishot on melee gives me more options of mod choices(on a separate topic, we probably need mod slots)

Edited by Eric1738

Take the Steel Charge Aura into considderation regarding this. It is not the same, and the damage booster is probably more for guns anyway, still something.

55% ed vs 27% ed on rifle amp (28% more and twice the enegry points)

Edited by Barda1

yes ppl have been talking about melee not having a multishot equivalent ever since the game came out

but melee has charge attacks, ranged doesnt (well bows/lanka do, but thats another matter)

anyways, the bottom line is that multishot needs to be removed from the ranged "mandatory for max build" pool by giving it a downside

hopefully melee 2.0 gives us some more interesting options to play with, WITHOUT resorting to giving melee multishot

Take the Steel Charge Aura into considderation regarding this. It is not the same, and the damage booster is probably more for guns anyway, still something.

55% ed vs 27% ed on rifle amp (28% more and twice the enegry points)

Somehow I doubt Steel Charge will still be that powerful when the rest of melee weapons get buffed with melee 2.0...