Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Gamemode - Last Stand

LazerusKI

Everyone who has played Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2 knows what i mean. its like the endless defense we have now, just without the cryopod.

the round is over when everyone is dead - but you can still revive your mates, but if you cant do it, you are dead until the next wave begins. you can still use your revives.

if someone joins the round, he is in specator until the next wave begins.

Each 5 Waves you will meet a "boss" (read below), after killing them you will get a credit and mod reward. Also Lotus will gift you some Energy, Health and Ammo.

the higher you get, the higher is the rarity and the amount of credits.

Also like in Endless defense, your mods are "saved" after each boss-wave.

But not like our Claim/Battle system in Defense, we have no "special reward" the rewards are dropped from the boss, so you can claim them all.

you can still chose if you want to leave (after each 5. wave), you will get everything you had then. if you chose battle, you will fight in the next 5 waves.

each wave gets harder, it could start with a few lowlevel enemys like exploding infested or so.

the bosses are completely random, maybe you have luck and you have to fight golem, maybe you have not and need to fight krill.

minibosses could be waves of very strong elites with some smaller enemys...just...minibosses

at wave 5 the first harder enemys (miniboss) will run in, some ancients.

at wave 10 you could beat the first real boss

wave 15 - mini-boss

wave 20 - the next random boss

wave 25 - again...miniboss

wave 30? - END - enemy tennos

i dont know if wave 30 should be the last wave, i think 30 waves are not even hard to reach with our current power.

the last wave could be something special, as i said, i dont know if 30 should be the last wave. maybe 50 or so, the special boss here would be a team of enemy tennos (like stalker). beat them and you will get a special reward (maybe parts for a new weapon, frame etc)

Edited by LazerusKI

Wave 45 would be better suited for Rogue Tenno... since their Lv is 45 and hard as hell to kill. J3 Golem with the new Boss in Sedna for Wave 30, Wave 40 would be Hek and the Uranus Boss and Vor.

Every 5 waves after that, the Tenno appears with another Boss to assist him. Once it gets to the point of Stalker and Jackel (which I'm going to be affraid of since of the fact you have to kill TWO hard to kill bosses, one fast and nearly instant kills you, the other being a Tank pretty much... it'll take forever for that wave.

Wave 45 would be better suited for Rogue Tenno... since their Lv is 45 and hard as hell to kill. J3 Golem with the new Boss in Sedna for Wave 30, Wave 40 would be Hek and the Uranus Boss and Vor.

Every 5 waves after that, the Tenno appears with another Boss to assist him. Once it gets to the point of Stalker and Jackel (which I'm going to be affraid of since of the fact you have to kill TWO hard to kill bosses, one fast and nearly instant kills you, the other being a Tank pretty much... it'll take forever for that wave.

yeah, maybe this would fit better, then there would be no need for this gamemode to be on differnet planets with different levels.

if your frame is good equiped, then he could shred through the first waves, until he reaches higher levels.

i dont know where the cap could be, maybe pluto-like enemys, but i would cap it at least at wave 60, with enemys level 60.

each wave could mean 1 level then, wave 1 means level 1 enemys, wave 60 means level 60 enemys.

Edited by LazerusKI

• 2 months later...

This wouldn't really fit. Defense has the cryopod for a reason- it gives survival a goal and objective. The game isn't really difficult enough or filled with intelligent enough enemies that you couldn't just hide on top of some boxes and gradually snipe enemies with all the time in the world if you didn't have to worry about a pod or generator. Maybe with some more enemy variety, with enemies that act more aggressively and have more ways to move through the game space.

Everyone who has played Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2 knows what i mean.

its like the endless defense we have now, just without the cryopod.

the round is over until everyone is dead - but you can still revive your mates, but if you cant do it, you are dead until the next wave begins. you can still use your revives. if someone joins the round, he is in specator until the next wave begins. after each 10 waves you will get an supply drop (a gift from lotus) with ammo, health and energy to refill your stuff.

each wave gets harder, it could start with a few lowlevel enemys like exploding infested or so.

at wave 5 the first harder enemys will run in, some ancients.

after wave 5 you will get a reward, a common mod or ammo boxes, also 1000c

at wave 10 you could beat the first real boss, who it is is completely random, only the level of them is fixed, based on how high your map-level is.

after wave 10 again a common mod and 1500c

wave 15 - jackal

after wave 15 - uncommon mod or with a chance of like 10% you could get a frame blueprint. also 2000c

wave 20 - more bosses, two or three of them, again random.

after wave 20 - again uncommon mod, 20% for frame blueprint, and 2500c

wave 25 - two stronger jackals with some other enemys

after wave 25 rare mod or 10% for a random ? Blueprint (plasmaswords, helmets, orokin stuff etc), also 3000c

wave 30 - enemy tennos

if you beat wave 30, the fight is over. you will get some more mods or blueprints, and you will get a good amount of credits (like 10000c or so)

all the rewards are claimed after the bossfights, you dont have to choose between battle and claim.

It's already been suggested but my name approves this <3

Great idea but the rewards are too small, 2 jackels and a common mod? and 10% is almost nothing to get a frame bp that you can just buy? But other then that great idea

as i said above, this thread is a few month old now.

at this time we had not enough credits and not enough shield/vitality mods.

i will simply remove the rewards for now.

at the moment it would be to confusing

Edited by LazerusKI

remove the waves and just infinitely spawn a number of enemies that replace one another

every chunk of enemies or so a boss will spawn and take up the space of 50% of the spawns

for example if there were 40 minions walking around and a boss appears...

the minions will still be there but no more than 20 will spawn after you've wiped them out because the boss is there

thats just what i'd like though

Edited by Guest

Make this a training simulator type thing, and you have the perfect lore setup for why this would happen. It could be a way for you to get to know your cell-mates. As in, you're a clan less Tenno, and this could be the way you're being brought into a clan, or even just a way to test your honor among other Tenno. You see what I'm getting at?