Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Debriefings

AhziDahaka

One thing that's always bothered me about the missions in Warframe is that you never get a sense of actually doing good for the Tenno cause because you have no information about the mission you're going on.  It's just, "Kill everyone here.  ...Great, here are some credits now, bye!"

Thus, something I wouldn't mind seeing is a mission debriefing screen after each mission that would essentially give you semi-randomly generated information about what you just accomplished.  Just facts like who you rescued and why the enemy was holding them, who you captured and why, for what reason that ship was being redirected, what data you collected, and so on.  Nothing too fancy, just some kinda mad-lib thing the game fills in with various information depending on the mission type, tileset, and enemy faction.

This would give a sense of worth and impact to the effort you just put into the mission, and it could act as a way of providing some lore.  For example, maybe those anonymous lone Tenno agents in survival missions are sometimes there to gather medical supplies and rations because the Lotus often can't use official channels to obtain such supplies?

...The real kicker, though, would be that the game could pull from the names of actual players and clans to fill in some of the information!

Wouldn't it be amazing if the game told you the person inside the cryopod you just defended was an actual new player, and then later you met that person in-game?

What if you did a deception mission, just to find out that you were redirecting a scout ship into an asteroid so it wouldn't stumble upon the secret location of the Giant Pink Octopus clan's dojo?

How about doing a spy mission and then discovering that you were intercepting information the Corpus had obtained about [DE]Megan's next mission?  You just saved Warframe Prime Time, man!

The debriefing report would be displayed after the results screen, perhaps on a second page.  You could also have debriefings sent to your inbox for later reading, because maybe your group wants to get to that next mission run quickly.  It'd also probably help to change how the results screen vanishes if you get disconnected from your session after finishing a mission.  That's always bugged me anyway.

At any rate, I can't help but feel it'd add a nice bit of flavor to the game by providing some bits of much-needed lore, creating a greater sense of comradery with fellow Tenno, increased immersion by showing you what impact you're having in performing your duty, and giving the Warframe universe more of a sense of a continually-evolving storyline outside of special events.

Edited by AhziDahaka

Yes. All of my yes.

Although, going from the "cryopod new player" example, would they know you saved them? Or would it just kinda be like,

"Hey! I saved you!"

"...Oh."

Well, the cryopod thing would be a bit weird since for the game to know that player name exists, they have to already be playing the game, basically.  And in that case, it would be strange to already be up and out of your cryopod just for the game to say, "Oh hey, you've just been saved in your cryopod by this guy, here!"  You'd have to have the game open up saying that you were saved by such-and-such players, which presents the opposite problem because it would have to be referring to a past defense and thus couldn't tell the defending players this.

It would be undeniably cool for players to have a bio page in their profile that says their cryopod came from such-and-such a place and was defended by these Tenno and these Tenno, and that they've helped defend X number of other Tenno in cryopods and so on and so forth, though.  My best guess is that to make it work your bio would be revealed upon reaching rank 1 and at that point you wouldn't be eligible to be the guy in the cryopod anymore.

Also I'm surprised this little idea I farted out has this much positive reaction this soon.  Thanks guys!

Edited by AhziDahaka

It would be undeniably cool for players to have a bio page in their profile that says their cryopod came from such-and-such a place and was defended by these Tenno and these Tenno, and that they've helped defend X number of other Tenno in cryopods and so on and so forth, though.  My best guess is that to make it work your bio would be revealed upon reaching rank 1 and at that point you wouldn't be eligible to be the guy in the cryopod anymore.

Hmm, that makes more sense.