Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Berserker, As It Should Be

Instinction

Due to Valkyr totally lacking the essence of what a berserker is, I though I might put what I believe to be is the true definition into warframe format.

Koma, the (incredibly complex) Berserker warframe! (backwards of amok, which means to run rampant basically.)

Base stats:

Health: 500 (750 at rank 30)

Shield: 25 (75 at rank 30)

Armor: 50 (100 at rank 30)

Energy: 75 (125 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.25

Stamina: 100

Skills:

1. Enrage (5 energy cost): Koma drops his shields for a set duration, entering an enraged state, empowering all of his other skills. While in this state, armor will increase 50% for all the damage taken to hp and base stamina value will increase by percentage. (Have 500hp, take 250 damage, armor is increased to 225 including base stat.) Once duration ends, armor value is reset.
When skill's level is ranked up, duration will increase dramatically and stamina value will further increase, at max double total stamina value.

Activating the skill again ends Enrage.

Duration is effected by related mods.

2. Seeing Red (50 energy cost): Koma paints his enemies red in a wide AOE, hindering their movements and vision causing enemies to shoot wildly. If skill is activated while in enraged state, all enemies killed that are painted during the duration of Enrage return a percentage of hp to the player, based off damage dealt (heavies would return more hp than grunts.)

When skill's level is ranked up, AOE is increased and base percent of enemy hindrances are increased.

All effects are increased by related mods.

3. Meatshield (75 energy cost): Koma sacrifices 50% of his current hp and movement speed and increases his base armor by 1000 for a set duration. All nearby enemies are sucked in close to Koma and aggro'd.

If activated while in enraged state all enemies are stunned for a base duration.

If enemies are painted from Seeing Red, they are dealt heavy damage, damage done is increased based on the total base hp of the enemy (more hp enemy has, more damage is dealt). All hp regen effects of those killed apply.

When skill's level is ranked up, AOE is increased. If activated during Enrage stun time is increased. If activated while enemies are under the effect of Seeing Red damage is increased.

All effects are increased by related mods.

4. Berserk (because why call it anything else) (100 energy cost, 200 cost while Enraged): Koma goes berserk, locking all other skills from use (to prevent game breaking effects... as if this skill isn't going to be game breaking...) empowering his weaponry. Koma's hp begins to drain while effect, but he replicates your equipped primary weapons and dual wields it, also increasing the clip size and fire rate of the equipped base weapon. Weapon mods are factored in.

If activated during Enrage, Koma ceases to use firearms and will sacrifice 50% of his current hp to create a great Bloodsword (think like double to triple the size and length of the Galantine). Hp draining effect is doubled. All kills made by this weapon will restore 1/10th of damage dealt to each enemy (damage system explained below). There is no limit to the amount of enemies it can hit per swing. Koma can swing the Bloodsword without interrupting sprint.

Enrage effects will apply during the duration of the skill.

To grant this ability endgame prospect, the Bloodsword will deal base damage AND percentage of damage. Bloodsword will have a base damage of 1000 slash damage, ignoring shields and armor, this targets enemy hp directly.

Enemy resistances will apply (Robotics resistant to slash damage).

On top of the 1000 base damage, if the enemy is not killed outright, the Bloodsword will deal 25% of the enemies total hp in damage. If the enemy has 5000hp, and is not resistant to slash damage, 1000 damage will be done PLUS an additional 1250 damage will be done (25% of 5000 = 1250) also restoring 1/0th of damage done so in this case, 125hp.

The Bloodsword will be slower than average, but attack in wide sweeping arcs, to maximize the amount of enemies done damage to.

When skill's level is ranked up, original Berserk will further increase fire rate and clip size of weapons.

Enraged Beserk, Bloodsword's base damage will increase, and swing speed will increase.

If you made it through all that I hope you enjoyed the idea!

It is rather complex, but I wanted to make the skills synergistic, and have it be able to actually do something during endgame material, since so few frames do.

eA3XcO3.jpg

This is not my art, I did not create this picture, I just wanted to give some sort of image to my idea.

Edited by Instinction

Holy hell. I am running away, terrified that this thing will find me in the dead of night and lop my head off.

That aside, the last ability's bloodsword seems a bit OP, what with the whole "1000 base damage, no limit to the enemies you can hit in one swing, health restore" bit. All in all, though, I like it, and I agree: Valkyr is NOT a berserker.

Holy hell. I am running away, terrified that this thing will find me in the dead of night and lop my head off.

That aside, the last ability's bloodsword seems a bit OP, what with the whole "1000 base damage, no limit to the enemies you can hit in one swing, health restore" bit. All in all, though, I like it, and I agree: Valkyr is NOT a berserker.

Haha thank you, thank you.

And it seems op, but there are side effects that "balance" the ability.

Your hp will be draining quite fast during the effect, you will still be taking full damage to your hp, and you will have no shields (because of Enrage).

So that is the reason for the hp restore.

The damage on the other hand is really not as op as it sounds.

Almost every damage dealing ult in the game is enough to one-shot low level mobs and deals more than 1000 damage.

The idea of the damage here is to be percentage based. That way at low levels, the percentage damage won't really do much to add to the 1000 base damage, but at high levels, the 1000 base damage will practically become obsolete, and the percentage damage will take over.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the double energy cost and the half of your current hp it would take to cast the Bloodsword Berserk.

Edited by Instinction

last ability sounds really op, but whatevs. Jesus christ though, running my &#! away from this badass if he ever came to me! lol

I'm glad the badassery of the concept shined through :D

Skill number four reminds me of salvador from borderlands 2. The part where he dual winds rifles etc.

Pretty much the same idea, just different execution.  I was actually thinking more of Krieg the Psycho while I was making this.

While I very much enjoyed the idea of a female berserker (liked it on that idea alone and the fact so many neckbeards were butthurt over the fact they made it female instead of male alone), they really could have done a much better job with her.

FYI, that image you put in the spoiler tags is Guts from Berserk. 

Edited by djentlemenBehold

While I very much enjoyed the idea of a female berserker (liked it on that idea alone and the fact so many neckbeards were butthurt over the fact they made it female instead of male alone), they really could have done a much better job with her.

FYI, that image you put in the spoiler tags is Guts from Berserk. 

Ya, it's unfortunate they didn't take any suggestions with her, until after the fact when they had already made her.

Even then they barely changed anything on her and she still pretty much sucks.

And I am aware who the Black Swordsman is ;)

I love the berserker class so this is DO WANT to me <3 and the synergistic way the skills work somehow makes me happy. I regret I have but only one +1 to give.

I'm glad someone else thinks of synergistic skills as a positive thing.

I think that Warframe would become a 100x more enjoyable if all warframe skills interacted with each other in a way to make something more happen.

Maybe DE will think of that when they release the "general skill" mods.

Gonna go ahead and say no to this. Interesting ideas you have for powers, but the concept as whole... comes across as sexist to me. Now before you attack me, let me explain. Valkyr is our first female melee centric frame whom has been dubbed a berserker by the devs. Whether or not she fits the bill power-wise, she is a berserker. What she needs is better power adjustments to make her live up to her namesake.

But what you're offering here aren't suggestions to improve that. You're offering a male frame that does it, and does it better. Like I said, comes across as sexist.

Perhaps you'd like to offer up some suggestions on how to fix Valkyr, then offer this character up as a future character along the same berserker lines, instead of suggesting the character as a means to do right by what the devs did wrong with Valkyr?

Gonna go ahead and say no to this. Interesting ideas you have for powers, but the concept as whole... comes across as sexist to me. Now before you attack me, let me explain. Valkyr is our first female melee centric frame whom has been dubbed a berserker by the devs. Whether or not she fits the bill power-wise, she is a berserker. What she needs is better power adjustments to make her live up to her namesake.

But what you're offering here aren't suggestions to improve that. You're offering a male frame that does it, and does it better. Like I said, comes across as sexist.

Perhaps you'd like to offer up some suggestions on how to fix Valkyr, then offer this character up as a future character along the same berserker lines, instead of suggesting the character as a means to do right by what the devs did wrong with Valkyr?

Well, I'll say this, you certainly have an interesting way of viewing things lol.

Where you get the sexist vibe from, I have no idea.

If you think it's sexist, make Koma a girl and bam same effect, all the skills are the same, there is no difference.

I am kind of confused as to why you got so stuck on the frame being male.

And I actually did offer up my suggestions to DE to improve upon Valkyr.

Doesn't matter what they improve though, her skills are not reminiscent of a berserker. At all.

Power adjustments will not change that.

She would need a complete overhaul of all her skills and stats, with maybe the exception of Warcry.

In other words, she would have to cease being the frame she is, which is really more of a mobile tank, to become a berserker in the traditional sense.

Edited by Instinction

• 1 month later...

This is a really good concept but is it enough to be able to kill Rhino prime himself?!.......Most likely, probably.

Pretty sure this is cooler than Iron Skin haha

That being said, the concept could use a few tweaks, there needs to be more of a downside to using Enrage like a life drain per second or only being able to use it when you're below 50% hp or something. Either that or why would you not have it just constantly active.

Edited by Instinction