Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion About De Handling Communication And Feedback

Do you think your idea of a token system is simple, efficient and easy to implement? That is great. But that doesn't mean it will please everyone. It doesn't even mean it will please the majority of the community. How can we even assess what the majority of the community wants to begin with? Is it a token system? Is it bug fixing? Is it new content? Is it lore? There is no single thing we all want at any single moment. You give the community one thing, that you think they want, and they will answer "you idiots, why are you wasting time with this if you could be doing that?".

I don't know about you. But I'm confident I speak for a ridiculously large majority of the community when I say we want them to fix the horrible rng mess that is bogging down the game. And speaking of any single moment is a tad ridiculous. We're all capable of thinking through time. Long term, and short term goals. And although not everyone can agree to one single item, We can collectively compile a list of everything people want in the game. Then have everyone place a priority to each item, and declare it either a long term or short term issue. And we could see what gravitates where. 

I also am in high doubt a nicely implemented token system is going to make as many people, as mad as the current diluted mess does. They can't appease everyone, that's for sure, but especially so if no one is willing to compromise.

Just because one doesn't like what they do to fix an issue, or that they thought their solution/preferred solution would work better, doesn't it mean it isn't better and healthier for the game. 

I don't know about you. But I'm confident I speak for a ridiculously large majority of the community when I say we want them to fix the horrible rng mess that is bogging down the game. And speaking of any single moment is a tad ridiculous. We're all capable of thinking through time. Long term, and short term goals. And although not everyone can agree to one single item, We can collectively compile a list of everything people want in the game. Then have everyone place a priority to each item, and declare it either a long term or short term issue. And we could see what gravitates where. 

I also am in high doubt a nicely implemented token system is going to make as many people, as mad as the current diluted mess does. They can't appease everyone, that's for sure, but especially so if no one is willing to compromise.

Just because one doesn't like what they do to fix an issue, or that they thought their solution/preferred solution would work better, doesn't it mean it isn't better and healthier for the game. 

I am also totally against a token system, but that's personal I'd just like they keep a bit of random. The problem with the RNG right now is that it feels so useless to grind for this long as those weapons aren't any better compared to what you can get in the market, Paris Prime excepted maybe. We need a true goal to grind for, something else than just collection. Not anything overpowered but just top tier, right now using primes in your best loadout is more for the exotic flavour than for real efficiency.

But does this has anything to do with communication ? There is a difference in not giving the community the true extent of the changes by numeric values (for example) and not fulfilling any of the community request.

Luke, if you read my entire post carefully (especially the part that came after the paragraph you quoted) then you should know I'm not really talking about tokens. I was only using tokens as an example. My post was about communication, which I believe is what this thread was made to discuss.

I never said the community doesn't want RNG to be fixed. I can't do that because I don't speak for the community. What I said is that the community is composed of lots of different people who want lots of different things. But perhaps I should have been more clear about what this really means. I will try to do that now.

A community that wants lots of different things can still agree upon which things should be fixed. That is easy. Simply ask them "do you want this to get fixed?" and you'll get a massive "yes we do!" as response. Everyone wants fixes. Everyone dislikes bugs. But try to ask them "how do you want this to be fixed?" and suddenly things will get really complicated really fast. It is not easy to determine how to deal with problems when you have a massive community like this one. That is my first point.

My second point is that it is also not easy to determine the order at which the problems should be dealt with. You seem to disagree, and that is fine. But Luke, if you really believe a priority list is the solution to this problem, then why don't you create one? I'm not trying to diminish your idea in any way. I'm honestly saying that if you really believe this will help, then you should go for it. If you can get people to participate then I'm sure a lot of people will want to contribute to it. But this is not a task I am capable of doing myself. You see, I don't have that much faith in the community as a whole. But I would love to be proved wrong.

Finally, my third point is that the one thing that can really help the community work in a more efficient way is a goal. By goal I mean something that defines what Warframe will become in the future. What will Warframe be about, besides grinding? Will it be about exploration? Will it be about clans competing? Will it be about lore? Those are all goals. But as I said before, the community has a really hard time building consensus, and so we would need someone else to provide that goal to us. That would be DE. It doesn't matter if the goal was imagined by DE or if it was chosen by DE from a list of suggestions. What matters is that this goal would then become the "official" one. And then people would be able to argue that an idea is not good because it goes against that goal, instead of just saying "your idea is horrible because mine is better".

That is what I tried to say with my previous post. As you can see, no talk about tokens has been included in this one. If you disagree with anything I post, by all means feel free to reply. I would only ask you to please avoid using such harsh words as "ridiculous" when referring to what I have posted. I do my best to be respectful to everyone because I'd like others to do the same to me.