Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Picture Your Warframe?

(PSN)Simba_KillzZ

Hey guys, I just got into Warframe via the Playstation cuatro and I have to say I’m really enjoying it.  I would've loved to be part of the design council, (I really wish Prime Access had more "exclusivity". I paid $140 dollars to contribute it’s the least I could ask for) but I won't fret over something that happened months ago. Because honestly the best thing about Warframe is that players are shaping it or at least a part of its growing universe.

Well anyway on to the topic. From what i can gather (and please correct me if I'm wrong,) is that DE is having a tough or just simply not clear on the fact if warframes are separate soldiers that the player embodies, or that they are their own unique character with a back story. And honestly i don't blame them, its gameplay first. We have some balancing issues when it comes to weapons and warframes. Maybe because there isn't a real solid foundation for their identities. I'm looking at you Frost and Galatine. So I propose this Tenno. Let’s have it both ways backgrounds for old and new. How would you describe the personalities of the very first warframes, back around the Hayden Tenno days or maybe around the time it got "more space with ships and S#&$"(which I guess would be the primes I'm not very sure, the nuances don't matter) Describe the warframe YOU play? (Side note if they are us, I’d like the ability to change gender. It's ludicrous that all Embers are females and all Frosts are guys) How would they interact with other Warframes? The Orokin era frames and now. Are they even human? Give some details to their back story.

Here's a list of examples that pop around in my head:

All of these warframes are from "the beginning" Not the first, maybe descendants. I don't really have a timeline. I’m going to assume that warframes are created with the careful control of the technocyte virus. Frames started as "accidents" than it became weapons being controlled by nations, and eventually planets. Power was soon to be held by the Orokin. (Side note: I feel these races are really just humans that just branched off). The Orokins had control in the end and their people were residents of earth.  Orokin became a problem. I’m going to describe the frames that changed the shift in power

I feel like Excalibur and Rhino would butt heads at first. Something along the lines of Rhino being clearly a better warframe. Stronger can take more heat and "obviously" should be leader but isn't. Excalibur seems to be assigned leader, because of lineage not expertise. The person who is in the Excalibur warframe agrees which doesn't help the situation. He passed his tests with flying colors but was never "special" in anything. All his colleagues excelled at something he didn't which is why he was filled with doubt. Anyway there comes a point when he resigns from being leader of his group. They are then put into situation where cant Rhino can’t lead because he doesn't understand team synergy. Excalibur takes control and is then reinstates as leader again. A little cliché, but I like cliché.

Nekros was formed when the technocyte virus was more volatile than the "frame" that held it together. It was being shipped off for extermination when the ship was attacked (likely the precursor race the corpus) everyone was killed. The technocyte virus fighting for survival knew it had to bond with someone before the pre-Corpus raided the ship. (Corpus are known to be after the Orokin technology they wouldn't need the virus especially one that has the chance to make you an infested) So the virus formed a symbiotic relationship with the last person to "die". This person was someone not fit to become a warframe and failed the trials many times. A coward who was granted the fearful powers of death.

I could go on and on but honestly it would warrant a separate topic. I've given more backstory than characteristics but i feel like you could form personalities from backstories. I have a really special one for ember that needs to be told as a story not just a few details.

If you read this far kudos to you. I’m a new member so I’m not a sure if I'll gain much traction but I really want to hear the ideas and concepts of people for their respective warframe. So please discuss.

All of these warframes are from "the beginning" Not the first, maybe descendants. I don't really have a timeline. I’m going to assume that warframes are created with the careful control of the technocyte virus. Frames started as "accidents" than it became weapons being controlled by nations, and eventually planets. Power was soon to be held by the Orokin. (Side note: I feel these races are really just humans that just branched off). The Orokins had control in the end and their people were residents of earth.  Orokin became a problem. I’m going to describe the frames that changed the shift in power

The Excalibro and Ember lore in the codex partially explain how the Tenno were created, by exposure to the Void.

"The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.
We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first.

- Orokin 'Warframe' Archives"

Excalibros codex entry.

The Excalibro and Ember lore in the codex partially explain how the Tenno were created, by exposure to the Void.

"The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.
We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first.

- Orokin 'Warframe' Archives"

Excalibros codex entry.

Exactly Excalibur was the  first"warframe" but he isnt the first warrior that used the technocyte virus. Thats Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector (maybe). I guess i wasnt clear in that regard.There's a difference with warframes and simply warriors with the technocyte virus. I was talking about a potential idea that predates but eventually leads into  orokin's downfall.

"We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. Implying that they were already there. The question is why? "We built a frame around them a conduit for their affliction." So why get these creatures people,whatever, specifically?  The current theory is that Tenno are an advanced form of the technocyte  virus in which they have developed biological powers through enhancement by the virus such as Hayden's experience and reaction to the Virus causing vast manipulation of his senses and allowing for an extent to strength and abilities similar to the other.  Thats from the warframe wiki. Its also entirely possible that the Tenno rebelled more than once and to punish them the orokin locked them away wiping their memories And Ember's codex entry has to do with the a character named Kaleen. Again we are never sure if all warframes are the same character or are different individuals. That was the point of this post, to see if we can give personalities and characteristics  to these warframes for different "eras". But it seems like the point was lost in my attempt at  trying to fill holes in the lore.

So if anyone has bothered to read this far, ignore everything i wrote and simply just describe your warframe. Please?

Edited by (PS4)Simba_KillzZ