Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Warframe Discution

LaRode

Question

hello!

i choose myself a nyx warframe and so far i can tell i am fine with it

it is now rank 20 and i focused myself on using psychic bolts and chaos. therefore i use power efficiency and power strength mods. i also use absorb for desperate situations but mind control seems useless in my opinion.

some of you guys out there playing a nyx frame got a few advices on tweeking it for best performance?

thanks

14 answers to this question

I only use mind control on the big units of grineer or ancients making me able to melee them to death without receiving damage.

Sometimes the ability works but they need to buff the unit that is mind controlled like +500hp cause 1 mob vs 15 mobs is kinda useless so you really have to use chaos in this kind of situations

yep. my thinking :)

tho, it seems to me that mind control isnt that effective on bigger units as the duration seems shorter. and bosses are immune to this anyway =P

but besides mind control i would like to get some opinions.

I have a nyx at rank 30. I use mainly mind control and chaos.

Chaos is really a staple for nyx, and a self explanatory crowd control.

Mind control is great for my kind of play style: I have shield and hp in the 200s, but almost maxed power efficiency/range. The idea is to mind control the first (or most annoying) unit from an incoming mass of mobs and watch the others tear it apart, at the same time picking off vulnerable units with a mid-long range weapon. As someone above already mentioned, this works great on ancients, especially if you have freeze damage mods on one of your weapons to slow town the mobs attacking your "mind-controlee", letting it live longer and do more damage. Also, from what I’ve seen after this effect wears off, the mobs either continue fighting among themselves or stop and stand there without doing anything. A great perk of mind control is that the unit will count sort of as a "friendly", which can eliminate the aura damage of the likes of a poison ancient.

I don't use psychic bolts. For me, the energy cost doesn't justify the damage they do so far (unupgraded, 0 notches), since I have weapons with great DPS. I might give them a go once i finish upgrading my other cards, though.

Absorb, in my opinion is a bit overrated. I expected it to do more damage, although I have 1 more upgrade level remaining so it might change. Definitely something for solo runs (since others tend to kill the mobs targeting you which reduces the damage you'll reflect), or very crowded maps with a load of energy to spare.

I've heard that nyx has a potential for stealth play, so I'm curious to see which skills can be used unnoticed. But yeah, have fun with it, remember that you can always change your loadout if you dont like a particular skill.

interesting point u got on the mind control there mate :)

i use it in solo runs but if i team up its kinda useless in my opinion cause ur mates dont really recognize ur mind controling ability and kill him right away.

so 25 energy wasted... of course its different if u play with a team u can comunicate with. (only if chat starts to work xD)

i like using psychic bolts. i fused it and i can one hit up to 3 targets without shield. (same lvl as i am of course)

oh yeah i should mention that i am using power strength and efficiency as well on my frame. :)

so u might wanna give it a try on the psychic bolts. if u like using direct dmg skills of course

small question: what is the max lvl u can upgrade ur cards? :D

interesting point u got on the mind control there mate :)

i use it in solo runs but if i team up its kinda useless in my opinion cause ur mates dont really recognize ur mind controling ability and kill him right away.

so 25 energy wasted

Its not a waist to MC a tough enemy. Even if all it does is make it docile so you can safely kill it.

In defense maps against infested, mind controlling one ancient creates a chokehold and allows your team to focus on one front rather than two. More cost efficient at those times than Chaos. Especially crucial for waves 25 and higher when the elite mobs start to take quite the beating before going down.

Psychic bolt hasn't been useful aside from perma-tagging the Stalker with the greenish glow so everyone can track that thing more easily.

Chaos is just fun to use, especially so on defense maps.

Absorb I don't even have equipped. Never really saw the point of it when the alternatives are more entertaining.

well point given on the mind control skill :D

maybe my mistake was that i only tried it out in low lvl areas where it is not so usefull cause enemies die fast.

but its almost a must have on lvl20+ areas.

cheers!

Nyx is simply amazing. Mind control should only bruised situationally. For example, doing grinder maps and running into a heavy gunner. Those damn heavy gunners give everyone problems. But if you mind control the,, not only is it a high hp decoy, it also kills and knocked back every one. One of the best skills. And chaos is even better. Giant aoe radius, makes everyone into a decoy, and they just kill eachother. Run into a giant overwhelming pack of enemies? Press 3 and carry on. I haven't used his ultimate that much and the psychic bolts is very lack luster.

psychic bolts was pretty usefull for me today as i was on alert mission killing JACKAL.

as all the other skills are useless on that boss the bolts where able to shoot his legs away instantly.

but well other than that i dont use it very often :D

Instead creating a new topic. Might aswell ask here.

Did Psychic bolts get nerfed in one of the hotfixes of update 7?

It is as if i remember them doing 150 damage when fully maxed out.

They are now doing 125 damage per bolt.

yea well it does 150 dmg for me. sometimes 125 or something as well.

in my opinion the damage depends on how many targets u hit at once.

cause this skill is obviously weaker when hitting multiple targets.

thats all i can say