Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss And Vitality

ReiganCross

Ok, this have to be adressed... Piling up a huge ammount of HP in a boss does not make him any more impressive, it makes him a lot more annoying and especially hilarious. I mean, really, the Hyena can take a whole 540+90 Gorgon Bullets right in the face and it would barely drop it's goddamn shield! And that's not the worst part, oh no... The worst are the Grineer bosses, they use the same armor as any other grineer but somehow are made from pure Adamantium! Most of the time you fight a boss you'll just try to find a way to melee him until he's dead because you already know you don't have enough bullets to take him out! Even if you do level your weapons into ridiculously high-damaging monsters you'll still need your whole goddamn Magazine Capacity to take 1/4 of his health, and that is if he's not using some ridiculously high shield!

I'd be okay if there was a way to actually take him off-balance and abuse him for some real high-damage but you'll often be either unable to knock him down (Because if you could, he would spend his days laying on the floor) or stealth-kill him (Probably never been tested but with Stealth as it is right now, i would be amazed if it was possible to actually REACH the boss without activating sensors...) So you're stuck with unloading clip after clip of whatever is in your hand and eventually having to resort to melee because you ran completely dry on bullets. Hell, Jackal is the one and only boss that actually feels like a decent challenge and at the same time doesn't feel like a drag, DESPITE being very heavy on vitality (And he also have the courtesy of actually giving you bullets to shoot him with, real nice guy, huh?)

My excuse for Jackal giving you ammo is when he launches his missles up, he 'breaks' something and causes ammo to fall for you. (Just what I think of in my head.)

And yeah, I recently discovered this also when going to Everest in the Earth System. Bosses become impossible to solo or result in a meleefest. I play with friends, and its fun and we giggle about it, however now we are trying to farm the Trinity frame for my friend who wants to be support. Unless we have two or more people. It takes far to long or we dance around them swinging our melee weapons for 10 minutes.

Was all this exaggeration needed? You can solo just about any boss with just a pistol. Don't even need ammo boxes.

What kind of monster pistol are you using, dude?... I'v done a Hyena run a while back and couldn't even drop her shields unloading a full 90 bullet Gorgon on her face!

I'd be okay if there was a way to actually take him off-balance and abuse him for some real high-damage [...]

You've got something there. A tactical boss like any good RPG, with attack patterns and weakpoints, it would allow for more complexity, and skill to beat a boss rather than flat out spamming his face with bullets and melee charges.

An OP Grineer is just an OP Grineer, not a boss.

You've got something there. A tactical boss like any good RPG, with attack patterns and weakpoints, it would allow for more complexity, and skill to beat a boss rather than flat out spamming his face with bullets and melee charges.

An OP Grineer is just an OP Grineer, not a boss.

I know, right? All i'm asking is that they keep the "I'll just put a S#&$load of HP on this guy" to a minimum. They should have a ton of HP but also have some way of dealing a ton of damage! If not you just have a pretty-looking Grineer that's just refusing to go down because the guys said that he could eat your whole Boltor and feel almost nothing!

Would be nice to add damaging environment. Like, for example, luring boss to predefined place and then activating some sort of a trap. So you'll basically have a choice - just kill boss with your weapons if you're good enough, or use tactics if you are running out of bullets.

Edited by Dreamwalk3r

Ok I play Rhino with a pretty pumped up Hek, I can basically run train with Hek up to the boss and have enough ammo to annihilate the boss. That and my backup semi pumped Furax to make sure I can kill anything basically, though U7 makes it much harder than pre U7

Would be nice to add damaging environment. Like, for example, luring boss to predefined place and then activating some sort of a trap.

Yeah! Right now i feel like we're fighting those bosses where you're not suposed to shoot at his front because it does way too little damage but instead look for some kind of weak spot. And they forgot to add the weakspot! (And don't say the head...)

While I agree that some bosses have far too much health, there are others who are too weak, like Tyl Regor (who I can solo without taking any damage, just by walking around him when he tries to attack and charge-attacking him with my Gram). Then there's bosses like Jackal who's pretty trivial except for when he kills your entire party with a single missle blast.

My excuse for Jackal giving you ammo is when he launches his missles up, he 'breaks' something and causes ammo to fall for you. (Just what I think of in my head.)

Actually, if you look towards the ceiling, you'll see two railings, and containers will roll by on them. You can actually shoot them on the rails to make them drop early. The containers break when they hit the end of the rail.

Ok I play Rhino with a pretty pumped up Hek, I can basically run train with Hek up to the boss and have enough ammo to annihilate the boss. That and my backup semi pumped Furax to make sure I can kill anything basically, though U7 makes it much harder than pre U7

Even pre U7 had some bosses that would just annoy you to death... Hell, i remember Exta's boss to get Frost's BP, i would unload a Boltor on his &#! and Akbolto right after, run out of ammo and just Furax him to death while he stumbles in his infinite HP. Then the whole group would run out of ammo and we'd had to avoid fighting the other mobs because we're completely empty...

While I agree that some bosses have far too much health, there are others who are too weak, like Tyl Regor (who I can solo without taking any damage, just by walking around him when he tries to attack and charge-attacking him with my Gram). Then there's bosses like Jackal who's pretty trivial except for when he kills your entire party with a single missle blast.

Actually, if you look towards the ceiling, you'll see two railings, and containers will roll by on them. You can actually shoot them on the rails to make them drop early. The containers break when they hit the end of the rail.

Yeah, another ridiculously easy boss is the Cronus BP dude that is easier to kill then a goddamn Grineer Napalm... The other side of the coin is also true, but since those ridiculously easy bosses can be ignored, the ridiculously high-HP ones just &!$$ the hell out of me because i just feel like they forgot to add-in a weakness on those guys. And hell, some of them i can't even stumble!

If you can't fight hyena, your weapons are too weak. Hyena is most probably the hardest boss in the game.

Though you have a valid point that has been mentioned in this forum quite a lot (the bosses are as interesting as a blank wall), as of now you can solo any boss out there given the right equipment.

The worst are the Grineer bosses, they use the same armor as any other grineer but somehow are made from pure Adamantium!

So... who built their armor? Space Dwarves?

but in all seriousness, played a Volt and a Rhino, both of which are two different playstyles and yet the Bosses still take the same damage to kill, Organic bosses dont take as much damage from a volt when i cast an ability on them but the grunts all die off near instant from it... so ability use is near useless unless its a ground pound or AOE slow on them.

A lot of health does not make a good boss, but does make a decent place holder till they get everything working, hell they have added a lot of new features since the closed beta days.

A lot of health does not make a good boss, but does make a decent place holder till they get everything working, hell they have added a lot of new features since the closed beta days.

Now THAT is indeed mostly true... In fact i'm just putting up with the bosses as they are now exactly because i'm hoping to see some improvment from them. Hell, i'v seen what they done with Hyena on U7 and it just upped his game a lot, pretty badass. I'm just giving feedback on how frustrating it is to have a boss that takes enough bullet to blow up a tank and doesn't even seem to be phased by it.

I know this. I see it all the time as I am missing my last blueprint for the Rhino. (200+ Jackal Kills and still no systems blueprint e-e)

My point was, I like to play in my head those two railings were connected and his 'missles' exploding in the air break is, causing the ammunitions rail to break, spilling ammo for you.

I would think that would be cool to watch, and have the ceiling caving in on you. Everyone already jokes or assumes or says Jackal is the prototype to The Hyena. So it would further build the story on that boss to have it malfunction or just break stuff.

Bosses as they are really are...the opposite of a challenge. And I also still need one last drop (helmet) from Jackal. I suspect they scripted it so that the last Rhino BP simply doesn't drop unless certain conditions are met...like over 50$ spent on Plat, perhaps.

Anyways, since the Devs actually making the Bosses smart would be too much to ask of them, I suggest the following:

Reduce their HPs but increase their lethality.

That way they at least feel a little more dangerous, while the fights don't drag on pointlessly for as long.

Hmm, prior to U7 I could solo take down the Hyena reliably with my Gorgon (in seconds if i combine it with the defence/offence buff of my Volt's Electric Shield). Vay Hek took a lot longer to solo, but i could also do it without running out of ammo (of course, back then i had a 200+ clip and 875 max ammo -_- which is impossible now). Unless they got buffed on health and armor since U7, it should still be possible to solo most of them. I do agree that bosses really need A LOT more diversity than they have right now, since as of right now they are essentially bullet sponges of normal enemies with a few warframe abilities tacked on. I've already made a post a long time ago about how bosses could be changed to provide a better challenge, though no one read it :/