Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss And Vitality

ReiganCross

Here you go. Big Bad Hyena taking 540+90 bullets to drop its shields.

http://youtu.be/FFIPsZ4IFAU

Ok, i give... Can i at least get a Screenshot with your pistol build so i can replicate it? I'v been really having some troubles droping this A******'s shield since the Update... Although truth be told about a bajilion Hotfixes have been dropping since last time i'v tried it right after U7 launch.

Edited by ReiganCross

Ok, i give... Can i at least get a Screenshot with your pistol build so i can replicate it? I'v been really having some troubles droping this A******'s shield since the Update... Although truth be told about a bajilion Hotfixes have been dropping since last time i'v tried it right after U7 launch.

This is the setup I'm using. Just the standard damage mods, none of them maxed. The cold damage is what gives you an edge against shields.

LatoVandal.png

Edited by LoRDxDeMoN

Also... To have to go so powerful in order to defeat this boss... I dunno, feels kind of a Grind to Win kind of game, still no semblance of strategy, just go heavy on numbers and shoot whatever... Hell, you'll see on Lord's video that he barely had to move in order to take a boss that i had barely any chance of killing without the mods... (Yeah, i took him almost mod-less when i took him up. Not solo, goit like a full 4-man party but in about 40min of U7 NOBODY had Mods.)

The point stands, they aren't bosses, they're just Vitality pools that you have to drill and just pad the game to make it longer. It's not engaging, it's not hard, it's not even that frustrating... It's just padding at it's worst. (Although i do believe the Hyena got a good job, it looks pretty though.)

PS: Lord, could i bother you to show me your Warframe mods as well?... You look like you have some pretty badass numbers in there. Sentinel would be apreciated too.

The bosses as they are now are pretty lame. It's mostly just "Shoot it till it's dead". But the fact that most bosses have shields that charge right up as soon as you're not shooting them (i.e. you're reloading), hp out the wazzo, and hit pretty hard makes them just annoyingly difficult to kill unless your guns are completely tricked out or you're in a 3-4 person squad. The only boss I actually like is the Jackal, just because there's more to him then just shooting his face till he's dead and there's a way to replenish alittle of your ammo and energy during the fight other then ammo packs.

What kind of monster pistol are you using, dude?... I'v done a Hyena run a while back and couldn't even drop her shields unloading a full 90 bullet Gorgon on her face!

Lato prime lvl 30 with High spec mods

Just Tap the click in half second intervals = no shield regen

The bosses as they are now are pretty lame. It's mostly just "Shoot it till it's dead". But the fact that most bosses have shields that charge right up as soon as you're not shooting them (i.e. you're reloading), hp out the wazzo, and hit pretty hard makes them just annoyingly difficult to kill unless your guns are completely tricked out or you're in a 3-4 person squad. The only boss I actually like is the Jackal, just because there's more to him then just shooting his face till he's dead and there's a way to replenish alittle of your ammo and energy during the fight other then ammo packs.

Those are exactly my feelings when it comes to bosses.... The Jackal is the best of the bosses precisely because of that, and i still feel he's kind of easy.

Those are exactly my feelings when it comes to bosses.... The Jackal is the best of the bosses precisely because of that, and i still feel he's kind of easy.

Jackal is the first Corpus boss, he's supposed to be easy -_- Also, what is this "improvement" on the Hyena on U7 that i've been hearing about? The only difference i see is that his armor has turned from a badass black to a awkward light blue that makes it look like a shield osprey with legs.

As for possible improvements to bosses to make them more fun to fight, I just posted a thread on the topic here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/20276-bosses-a-redesign-for-u8/