Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo Warframes

Echo0001

Imagine, if you will, a warframe that you really liked, but also another one that you really liked, and you knew the sad truth that you can't use them both at the same time. Wouldn't it be amazing if you could combine them in a blueprint (probably with an orokin reactor and a forma alongside it) to gain an awesome new warframe that combined their abilities? That is exactly what I am talking about. Combo Warframes. For example, let's say you wanted Ember's destructive force as well as Zephyr's flawless aerial maneuvers, well then just combine them to get a new warframe that blends their abilities together! Let's call this new warframe Phoenix. To combine Ember and Zephyr's abilities, let's give Phoenix an ability called Rebirth, where it explodes into a massive AoE fireball, then reappears in midair. How about we fuse Excalibur and Rhino to get Goliath (or something along those lines)?  Or Loki and Volt to get Odin? The possibilities are astounding! List all of the combinations and possible names that you can think of below, and let's try to make this idea into reality!

Edited by Echo0001

we all know the results would be Rhinovas M-prime Ironskinned People

but i would combine Zephyr and Volt to make a mobility GOD Raijin the storm god it would be awesome but bare in mind that in the name of balance this is fairly unlikely

Edited by Axeroix

Well I know this isnt really what you are talking about, but Excalibur and Mag are possibly the best warframe pair ever, when you take Mag's bullet attractor, everything in that attractor goes to the marked target, so when Excalibur stands in the attractor sphere and uses his radial javalin, 12 javalins doing 1000 damage each go to that target, this pair can easily 1-shot low to mid level bosses.

There is no way to balance this.

Imagine Zephyr with Rhino's ironskin and her own airdash. One fusion, complete invulnerability forever.

But here's the thing. You could give them either the same abilities as the two warframes being combined, which would defeat the purpose to create a NEW warframe that combined their abilities in unique ways, OR give the new warframes new abilities that would compliment both of the previous warframes' fighting techniques.

By the way, I realized that to make this balanced, you can only combine warframes with similar fighting styles (aggro with aggro, tank with tank, support with support), so combos like Rhino and Zephyr or Rhino with excalibur wouldn't work, because then they'd be unstoppable.

Unless you do something stupid, of course.

It seems like an interesting idea but it would exponentially increase the difficulty of implementing new frames since each new frame would have to have a variation for each possible combination with older frames and again more so with each power set (even if it was only one unique per possible combo).  Neat idea but not sure how to implement it without making future frame concepts harder and harder to implement.

I feel that if you were to combine two frames in order to use the abilities of those two frames, all powers for the combined frames would need to have their powers' effectiveness reduced to some degree. You get something interesting, but neither OP or useless.