The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[/[/[/[A Way To Make Stalker Actually Scary]\]\]\]

spysweeper242

I noticed stalkers lack of "Menacing-ness". ATM he is a trolly nub. I think he should be a bit more scary. Here are some ideas I have narrowed down:

~ Appearance: Same mask with a spiked and skinnier rhino body armor. 

~ Attacks: He should have slightly altered attacks, such as him TP-ing when he uses a slide attack.

~ Ability ideas: Some ability concepts for his frame that resemble his current ones.

Shuriken~ Smoke pellet: A low Dmg shuriken that clouds your vision for a small amount of time

Pull~ Push: Inflicts a impact proc that also launches you.

Absorb~ Defiance: Instead of inflicting heavy damage it heals him.

~ Tactics: He should have a lot more scary tactics instead of dumb assault. First, I think he should sneak around in invisibility ( But is altered to be not completely invisible) and should try to use sneak attacks and should try to choke you out like a Jokey from L4D2. Second, he should try to scare you, like blood messages on walls and corpses hung on despairs and arrows, this would improve his scariness ALOT.

~ Arrival : Instead of kneeling, he appears/disappears in a giant red cloud in mid attack.

~Taunts: He should speak fluent English in his voice. He should also relate to his and your past, such as saying the exact boss you killed and/or orokin history like in his codex.

~ Mod set: His weapons should have a random array of mods, including auras.

~Last resorts:  If he is at somewhat low health he will do the following:

Corpus ship: Break an airlock and disappear.

Grineer forest and asteroid base: Drop in a pit and disappear.

Corpus gas city: Strikes the ground releasing high pressure gas and he disappears.

~Weapon similarities: He should have similar abilities for his weapons like other types such as:

Dread: Exploding arrows

Despair: Like Casteras will explode into a fire proc.

Hate: Can throw like a glaive.

~Ways to make him viable in assassination missions: He should have side conversations with bosses but not show. Sort of like this:

Human/Clone bosses:

Stalker: For now tenno, you are safe, but when you leave, you-

Human: You are in violation of Several of our laws, leave now filth.

Stalker: Quiet Petty fool, you do not know the hate I have for these tenno. Don't get in the way....

Human: I said now flith, I demand you leave this sector before you die.

Stalker: I...don't....think....that...will....happen.....

Human: What is happening to my communications? What is going on in- (Goes to static)

(Stalker leaves)

Robots:

Stalker: We meet again tenno, this would have not happened if you thought of your consequences.....

Robot: Unknown signal, dispatching communications.

Stalker: Wait, wha-(Goes to static)

~ Infestation control: He should be able to control the infested, being one of its creators.

~ Ally: He should be allies with the orokin.

Feedback is appreciated! =)    

The Stalker is not responsible for the creation of the Infested and the Technocyte was not meant to be controlled other than defining its deployment site.

That said, I think the easiest way to make the Stalker scary would be to cut the lights and seal the doors in the room his target's in until he despawns.

The first time I experienced the stalker, i was legitimately sweating at my palms... now... it's bleh...

A lot of your suggestions were great and I'd love to see some of them implemented especially the more stealthy, differentiated attacks and the appearance and disappearance.

That said, I think the easiest way to make the Stalker scary would be to cut the lights and seal the doors in the room his target's in until he despawns.

And this. I want this. Make it just barely dimly lit to see him and all you see are the sparks from melee attacks and gun fire lights. 

The stuff of nightmares.

Um, no to invisability, unless you nerf his damage.
smoke pellet, ok. perhaps have that little effect like from a disputer.
perhaps have him jump out of the smoke, rather then kneel.
not mid attack, but something.

i like the idea of blood messages and hanging corpses... but, hes not hunting the corpus/grenier... sooo why kill them?