The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Please Don't Introduce Prime Trading!

(PSN)Flamecasterxvi

What level are you playing on? Nova doesn't even tickle level 50 enemies with MAXED BLIND RAGE AND FOCUS. Her explosions doesn't chain at that level.

Her molecular prime is basically a slow down all enemies in range CC power at level 50 and above.

Let me guess, you have never played T3 anything have you?

With fully ranked focus Mod, and Blind rage. I did the most damage of the group on T3 Void defense. I was running it all of Saturday and Sunday.  I actualy can solo most T2 defense by myself.

I got 4 forma in most of my good weapons.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

You can't chain explode Heavy Gunners and fusion Moas on T3 Defense. Their high armor negates the damage you do to them from the explosion.

Of course you are doing most of the damage as Nova. The damage dealt calculations are buggy and will award kills to Nova even if another player kills a target that is primed with molecular prime.

Any target that is primed by MP will automatically be awarded to Nova player even though the Nova player isn't the one who kills it.

My point is that Molecular Prime doesn't chain detonate all targets in T3 late waves. The armor negates most if not all the damage from the explosions.

T2 Def is a whole different matter all together as the highest level they would go is Level 30 (at the last two waves).

I could do T2 Def with my eyes closed.

I think this isn't a thread for Frame Credibility discussion, if I remember correctly. 

Here's a cool thing that I just thought of, maybe, just maybe, the sheer number of people who spent $140 on prime access kinda encouraged DE to put prime trading in the game. Yes/No? < This we can discuss about in this thread.

i thought the prime access package we more for the platinum (which i dont see how you will spend that much on the game in a lifetime but thats another debate) than for ember prime.  its not that hard to farm for ember prime or the weapons that come with the pack.  i think they are introducing the prime trading to make people spend even more on platnuim because the drop tables on a lot of the prime gear is extremely harsh.  been playing for 300 hours and have done countless T3defeses and still not braton prime receiver.

i thought the prime access package we more for the platinum (which i dont see how you will spend that much on the game in a lifetime but thats another debate) than for ember prime.  its not that hard to farm for ember prime or the weapons that come with the pack.  i think they are introducing the prime trading to make people spend even more on platnuim because the drop tables on a lot of the prime gear is extremely harsh.  been playing for 300 hours and have done countless T3defeses and still not braton prime receiver.

That is a very good point. Drop tables have always been abysmal in my experience, but come U12, the drop tables are condensed and the drop rate has been raised too. So after an update like that, there's no point for Prime Trading, why not just let your players farm it, right? I think you hit it right on the money, it is designed to make DE some money in the process. 

Of course it is designed to make them a little money but don't forget DE listens to the community a lot and there have been threads on the particular subject of trading prime parts and not just those also normal bps and other various items from ALL kinds of players. The problem that it boils down to,well one of the problems, is that everything is super Grindy and too much grind is no bueno as they will lose players and still lose some players over it. I think they feel this might kind of balance out the grind for some of those players. DE doesn't just look for a next money scheme, they listen to their players because they want to make this game most enjoyable to them.

Not to mention as they've said in one of their live streams that the more stuff they put in the void the less of a percentage chance some items will appear so they have to move stuff around and that's probably why things will drop better in U12, but how long can they keep that up as they release new stuff?

Of course it is designed to make them a little money but don't forget DE listens to the community a lot and there have been threads on the particular subject of trading prime parts and not just those also normal bps and other various items from ALL kinds of players. The problem that it boils down to,well one of the problems, is that everything is super Grindy and too much grind is no bueno as they will lose players and still lose some players over it. I think they feel this might kind of balance out the grind for some of those players. DE doesn't just look for a next money scheme, they listen to their players because they want to make this game most enjoyable to them.

Not to mention as they've said in one of their live streams that the more stuff they put in the void the less of a percentage chance some items will appear so they have to move stuff around and that's probably why things will drop better in U12, but how long can they keep that up as they release new stuff?

I am at fault, I kinda purposely made it sound that way. DE does really good work, I will not deny that. But I just wish that they would give us the full picture rather than just snippets. It is so difficult to asses the future of the game when everyone from DE is trying hard to be as secretive as they can.

im pretty much a hypocrite when it comes to this because while i dont like prime trading i probably will buy a braton prime receiver because im tired of doing T3 defenses and getthing the braton prime barrel or the glaive prime blueprint... and i probably will sell most of those to so yeah im a hypocrite.

I have Braton Receiver, you have Glaive prime bp ... you and me need to talk :)

Well, Prime trading will be introduced. And I'm looking forward to it as all normal people do.

One post in and the insults started already getting flung at the OP. Seriously, THIS is what's wrong with this forum, not someone stating their opinion. I'd like to suggest that you start deleting posts like this one above. Sad to see people actually voted this up. Adds absolutely nothing to the thread, and is designed to belittle another user of this site.

On topic - I pretty much ignore the entire trading system except to give things to people who need it, so I have no issue with the additions to trade.

Edited by (PS4)MatangoMushrooms

One post in and the insults started already getting flung at the OP. Seriously, THIS is what's wrong with this forum, not someone stating their opinion. I'd like to suggest that you start deleting posts like this one above. Sad to see people actually voted this up. Adds absolutely nothing to the thread, and is designed to belittle another user of this site.

I do appreciate the concern, thank you very much. But, I say that everyone is entitled to their opinion and also, if I have deleted the post of that person, you wouldn't know what people are actually are like. It kinda serves as a reminder and also a proof that there will always be people like that. :) Again, thank you so much.

At any case we have no say in what DE do anyway so I say sit back, relax and.... GIVE ME A EMBER PRIME CHASSIS YOU STUPID &amp;#&#33; F*****G VOID!!!!!!! *cough cough* em.....   O.O

I don't see how Prime trading will change anything about this game. Primes are not going to give players any advantage. Other than a few polarity slots and some health and armor. Why is this such a huge topic for people?

Edited by Letter13
Don't solicit your own threads

I don't see how Prime trading will change anything about this game. Primes are not going to give players any advantage. Other than a few polarity slots and some health and armor. Why is this such a huge topic for people?

Well, let me expand on your statement, Prime warframes and regulare warframes have no significant difference between them other than some extra polarized slots which can be counter balanced by forma. But, Prime weapons, most of the time are much better than their regular counterpart. You can refer to the wiki to compare stats if you are skeptical about that. 

Now, back to my point, Statistical Difference between prime and regular gears were not the main focus of this thread, on the other hand the level of difficulty to acquire them is. Most of the prime gear hunters know how frustrating and difficult it is to do the same mission over and over to get something.But it only adds to the character of the game. Prime Trading will make it exponentially easier for players, not to mention the people who will take advantage of this to gain an upper hand in the market place.

Your argument doesn't hold up, and from your reasoning what I can derive is that you have never truly went after any of the hard-to-get, top-of-the-shelf prime weapons. Please come back when you do.

Prime blueprint trade is going to kill this game.. the should leave somethings farmable/ grindable to get them.. there will be those thirsty people that want to buy or trade for it but when you have everything in a week then spend a lil plat on boosters theres nothing left for you to do but wait another month or so for another update. By april all the good games like infamous will be out leaving this game right next to backlight dead and stinking.

Just my opinion. ..