Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo (Open Rp)

IamStroodle

"I think I'd rather remember than throw up." Ruth said thoughtfully. "Why are you so negative, though?"

Miranda's response came only after a moment of thought as she planned her answer. When it came, it was delivered in a deadly serious tone, devoid of any of her characteristic sarcasm or anger.

"This is who I was fated to be."

After a few moments, the Oberon would roll his shoulders, making his way towards a holographic sign. Craning his neck upward, he would examine the many places that the signs directed him to. He instinctively reached his hand out to run his fingers along the Tenno characters embedded into the light, only to find his hand going straight through them. The Oberon would leave his hand in the hologram, creating a momentary rift before withdrawing it. Turning his hand so that his palm faces towards him, he would sigh softly, it was often a rare pleasure to find actual, physical Tenno writing to run your fingers across. His hand now at his side, he would continue scanning the board, looking for a place of rest, but also of meditation and reflection. The various meditation rooms sounded nice, but the seemed much too artificial for his taste, walking into an open field with immaculate grass was nice, until you realized the "field" was only a small room.

Finally, he gleamed over something that fit his criteria, craning his neck to see in what direction it pointed, the Oberon would then head towards one of the doors that would lead towards the memorial grounds...

After navigating through the Dojo, the Oberon finds himself in the memorial. It has a sense of artificialness to it, but it atleast wasn't trying to imitate the cold stillness of a place like this.

Everyone knew what this place symbolized.

The Oberon would stand there for a few moments, drinking in the atmosphere. He would then approach the lip of the small body of water, so still, one could mistake it as glass if they weren't observant. With a careful motion, as if not to disturb the spirits of his fallen comrades, the Oberon would quietly kneel, one knee first, then the other, hands placed on his thighs. The water was so clear and smooth, he almost wanted to touch it. Doing so, however, would most likely be considered disrespectful, so he steeled himself. He sat there, still and silent, his Magistar not having made a single noise, despite it being a large flanged mace. He would then bend his head down slightly, as he both rested from the long journey, and meditated on his past, and future.

*A valkyr silently entered the room, the door making the only sound as she approached the small stone carine in the center of the room. She rested herself upon her knees as she stat beside the Oberon, hardly acknowledging him and sat with him in quiet contemplation. He would notice the purple star emblem projected on her shoulder, a show of her employment at the facility.*

*A valkyr silently entered the room, the door making the only sound as she approached the small stone carine in the center of the room. She rested herself upon her knees as she stat beside the Oberon, hardly acknowledging him and sat with him in quiet contemplation. He would notice the purple star emblem projected on her shoulder, a show of her employment at the facility.*

The Oberon would lie still, hearing the door open. After the Valkyr sat down, he would slowly and discreetly dip his head down slightly, turning it ever so slightly towards the Valkyr, the helmet often limited visibility on his sides, after all. He noted the emblem on her shoulder, noting her frame and colors, before turning back towards the water, just as slowly and discreetly. After a moment, he would lift his head up slightly, focusing on the stacked rocks on the center island.

((I haven't quite figured out how to use the quote system yet, either that or it doesn't work for me, apologies in advance))

Edited by Darkshifter98

Miranda's response came only after a moment of thought as she planned her answer. When it came, it was delivered in a deadly serious tone, devoid of any of her characteristic sarcasm or anger.

"This is who I was fated to be."

"Is it?" Ruth wondered aloud.

MYRIAD WAYS, WEB OF PATHS

SHOW ME, WHAT CAUSED THIS WRATH

TELL ME, WHO SHE COULD HAVE BEEN

-+-

A silent ship, visited by a desolate man...

A smiling mother, a laughing couple, a gathering of old friends now long gone...

"Uploading video... right about now." A fizz and a flash, and the Warrior uncloaked. "Gotta hand it to ya; most of our kind don't react to alcohol at all. Heh, maybe you're somethin' else, Oracle."

The Oberon would lie still, hearing the door open. After the Valkyr sat down, he would slowly and discreetly dip his head down slightly, turning it ever so slightly towards the Valkyr, the helmet often limited visibility on his sides, after all. He noted the emblem on her shoulder, noting her frame and colors, before turning back towards the water, just as slowly and discreetly. After a moment, he would lift his head up slightly, focusing on the stacked rocks on the center island.

((I haven't quite figured out how to use the quote system yet, either that or it doesn't work for me, apologies in advance))

((Works fine it seems))

*As the two sit quietly he might notice slight movement from the corner of his eye, her fists clenching and clenching, the occasional twitch in her neck, and a slightly louder puff of breath. It's clear that despite the calm environment she lives in, and despite her normally controlled exterior, it's clear this Valkyr, like many others, struggles to keep her rage in check. She does little more than these occasional ticks during her meditation, but it would become clearer that she is doing them."

As the Valkyr struggles to keep with her rage, the Oberon remains stoic. He has seen how most operators of the Valkyr behave, and the results of their behavior. Its just another day in the office, but he is surprised its taken him this long to notice these small signs.

Despite this, the Oberon remains silent, not giving it any kind of specific attention, nor making any effort to distance, or possibly get ready to defend, himself from the Valkyr. She is still Tenno, after all.

As the Valkyr struggles to keep with her rage, the Oberon remains stoic. He has seen how most operators of the Valkyr behave, and the results of their behavior. Its just another day in the office, but he is surprised its taken him this long to notice these small signs.

Despite this, the Oberon remains silent, not giving it any kind of specific attention, nor making any effort to distance, or possibly get ready to defend, himself from the Valkyr. She is still Tenno, after all.

*After some time, the ticks stop and her struggle ends with her removing her helmet and letting out a heavy, tired sigh. Her black hair rolls out freely, reaching down to the floor, half her face hidden by her length bangs, but the disfigurements are clear*

Kuranaii nodded her head gently to him and began to the dressing room.

It would of been several minutes until she was out of the warframe, a orange towel wrapped around her torso and down to her ankles. She only shared a brief glance at Halcyon as she strode to the bathroom and shut the door behind her.

She slowly pulled off her towel and placed it beside the shower; then got in. She shut the shower-door aswell and looked up to the shower-head, turning on the hot water. Soon water began trickling over her frame and she took a handful of shampoo and began with her orange and navy blue hair.

Halcyon, finding nothing other to do, opened up a holographic UI and started up an emulator to be the Dovahkiin.

*After some time, the ticks stop and her struggle ends with her removing her helmet and letting out a heavy, tired sigh. Her black hair rolls out freely, reaching down to the floor, half her face hidden by her length bangs, but the disfigurements are clear*

After a moment of silence between the two, the Oberon turns towards her, facing her. He gives a curt nod of approval, seemingly impressed with her iron will.

He lifts his head up slightly, his voice smooth and wise, while also radiating hints of authority. "I've worked with enough operators of the Valkyr to know the struggles they must endure each passing solar day." He shifts slightly, his muscles protesting after being still for so long. "It was of no hinderance to my meditations, nor did it upset the balance." He pauses, sounding as if he were about to say more, but leaves it at that.

"Is it?" Ruth wondered aloud.

MYRIAD WAYS, WEB OF PATHSSHOW ME, WHAT CAUSED THIS WRATHTELL ME, WHO SHE COULD HAVE BEEN-+-A silent ship, visited by a desolate man...A smiling mother, a laughing couple, a gathering of old friends now long gone...

"Uploading video... right about now." A fizz and a flash, and the Warrior uncloaked. "Gotta hand it to ya; most of our kind don't react to alcohol at all. Heh, maybe you're somethin' else, Oracle."

"If their wasn't some cruel force out their pulling my strings, do you think that I would have let myself turn out like this? Do I strike you as the type to be born this way?" Miranda continued after a brief halt, "No, this is who I became, this is who I have to be to keep moving along in life, otherwise… I stop."

*Fae wanders about the dojo a bit, her helmet in hand, unsure really of what to do with her time as of now. It seems her usual gardening routine will not entertain her this time*

Omega too wandered the dojo, annoyance apparent in his eye as a result of his master not taking his calls, he noticed a Valkyr, and greeted the Tenno politely,

"Good evening." He said simply, trying and failing once again to contact Halcyon.

Edited by ultimatumcore