Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo (Open Rp)

IamStroodle

"Okay, I'm going to be right back!" Hitomi said. She moved to jog off, tripping over her feet once but not falling. Annie sighed and shook her head, but looked at Fang, rubbing her chin.

"...You think if I gave you a skull you'd paint it for me? It's for a friend. She lost one of her Kubrows recently and we're expecting him back from being cremated soon. Well, that's if she doesn't get to the ashes first."

"don't tell me she's getting another kubrow here, 2 is more than enough."

"don't tell me she's getting another kubrow here, 2 is more than enough."

"Dont' worry, this is a newborn. Like, probably fifteen minutes old if that," Annie replies holding up her hand to try to reassure him. "All it's going to be able to do is snore and maybe roll over."

She rolls her head. "Hitomi and I broke up an animal fighting ring on Mars about a week ago. We've found homes for the majority of the animals we rescued but ended up with a whole bunch of kubrow eggs. We don't have a lot of friends and our clan consists of five people and we were already saturated with Kubrows before the mission." Annie sighs. "Our clan mate Mag loves animals. With the kubrows we have, we could probably set them loose in an Asteroid Base and clean it out in a couple of hours. The last thing I want is for her to get back from wherever she is and insist we keep all of the eggs."

"Dont' worry, this is a newborn. Like, probably fifteen minutes old if that," Annie replies holding up her hand to try to reassure him. "All it's going to be able to do is snore and maybe roll over."

She rolls her head. "Hitomi and I broke up an animal fighting ring on Mars about a week ago. We've found homes for the majority of the animals we rescued but ended up with a whole bunch of kubrow eggs. We don't have a lot of friends and our clan consists of five people and we were already saturated with Kubrows before the mission." Annie sighs. "Our clan mate Mag loves animals. With the kubrows we have, we could probably set them loose in an Asteroid Base and clean it out in a couple of hours. The last thing I want is for her to get back from wherever she is and insist we keep all of the eggs."

"I also knew a real kubrow lover, she had so many and always continued to add new ones. We had so many we gave them away to any tenno who would want one."  Ben smiles at the memories but feels bad at the same time because it was in the past.

"I also knew a real kubrow lover, she had so many and always continued to add new ones. We had so many we gave them away to any tenno who would want one."  Ben smiles at the memories but feels bad at the same time because it was in the past.

"That so?" Annie asks. "I thought you were afraid of them though? Then again someone can be afraid of something but have exceptions to that rule."

"That so?" Annie asks. "I thought you were afraid of them though? Then again someone can be afraid of something but have exceptions to that rule."

"I wasn't afraid of kubrows in the past, what happened to her is what made me scared of them." Ben sits down. "It's a long story. we where 15, josephine and me, in training. she was a big fan of kubrows and always had one with her. Then one day, as usual we had training in the field, only this time it was a worst case scenario training, meaning no weapons,no abilities and a malfunctioning frame. The task was simple, find extraction. we had a trinity watching us from the liset if something where to go wrong. early on Josephine got stung but we didn't really give it any attention. It turned out to be poisoned and after a while she collapsed. I of course called Trinity for help and she came. But when she tried to get close the kubrow didn't let her. I knew the kubrow so I gave it a shot to get closer. He charged at me, Trinity jumping in the way right before he jumped me. There was a short struggle before Trinity laid on the ground, dead. I will never forget the face of that kubrow when it looked up at me, blood dripping from his teeth. This wasn't one of those cute pets, this was a war machine. And I was it next target. I had to run and stayed for 2 full days in a hollow trunk, the kubrow trying to get in. Josephine didn't survive the poison." Ben looks to the ground.

Edited by Upos

"Okay, I'm going to be right back!" Hitomi said. She moved to jog off, tripping over her feet once but not falling. Annie sighed and shook her head, but looked at Fang, rubbing her chin.

"...You think if I gave you a skull you'd paint it for me? It's for a friend. She lost one of her Kubrows recently and we're expecting him back from being cremated soon. Well, that's if she doesn't get to the ashes first."

Fang nodded to Hitomi and said: Sure thing, just tell me what I should paint on the skull and I will do it. You don't have to pay for the skull. I rarely charge credits for my skulls. Why should I do that when I can earn credits by doing missions. See it as a free gift for your friend. While he waited for Hitomi to respond, he brought out his "panting station"; a foldable chair, a small table and another small table with professional painting tools and colors of all kind. He then sat down on the chair and waited.

"I wasn't afraid of kubrows in the past, what happened to her is what made me scared of them." Ben sits down. "It's a long story. we where 15, josephine and me, in training. she was a big fan of kubrows and always had one with her. Then one day, as usual we had training in the field, only this time it was a worst case scenario training, meaning no weapons,no abilities and a malfunctioning frame. The task was simple, find extraction. we had a trinity watching us from the liset if something where to go wrong. early on Josephine got stung but we didn't really give it any attention. It turned out to be poisoned and after a while she collapsed. I of course called Trinity for help and she came. But when she tried to get close the kubrow didn't let her. I knew the kubrow so I gave it a shot to get closer. He charged at me, Trinity jumping in the way right before he jumped me. There was a short struggle before Trinity laid on the ground, dead. I will never forget the face of that kubrow when it looked up at me, blood dripping from his teeth. This wasn't one of those cute pets, this was a war machine. And I was it next target. I had to run and stayed for 2 full days in a hollow trunk, the kubrow trying to get in. Josephine didn't survive the poison." Ben looks to the ground.

I'm sorry for your loss. Lady misfortune can be cruel sometimes. It happens to all of us Erida said to cheer Ben up.

"Aw hell. I am very sorry there bud."

*He patted Ben on the shoulder.

Annie winced, shaking her head while scratching Pumpkin behind the ears. "Yeah, I hear stories about that happening. Some kubrows get really defensive of their masters. I hear that used to be a problem with some of the war-kubrow breeds. I'm really sorry that it happened."

Fang nodded to Hitomi and said: Sure thing, just tell me what I should paint on the skull and I will do it. You don't have to pay for the skull. I rarely charge credits for my skulls. Why should I do that when I can earn credits by doing missions. See it as a free gift for your friend. While he waited for Hitomi to respond, he brought out his "panting station"; a foldable chair, a small table and another small table with professional painting tools and colors of all kind. He then sat down on the chair and waited.

I'm sorry for your loss. Lady misfortune can be cruel sometimes. It happens to all of us Erida said to cheer Ben up.

Annie looks to Fang and nods. "Alright.... uh, One second. HItomi can tell you better." She looks away for a few moments. It's shortly that HItomi returns with a large kubrow skull in on hand and a tiny kubrow cradled in the crook of her other arm. She moves to hand the fairly clean skull over to Fang.

"I'm back and I didn't even trip this time," she says. "I hope that it's clean enough."

"What are we putting on it?" Annie asks.

"Oh, um... Stripes? He had green stripes. Other then that, um... go wild?"

"Sounds good to me," Annie said with a nod.

Hitomi then walks over to Odin and holds out the puppy to him. It seems to be white with light grey markings and is a boy. "Would you like a puppy?"

-cut-

Annie looks to Fang and nods. "Alright.... uh, One second. HItomi can tell you better." She looks away for a few moments. It's shortly that HItomi returns with a large kubrow skull in on hand and a tiny kubrow cradled in the crook of her other arm. She moves to hand the fairly clean skull over to Fang.

"I'm back and I didn't even trip this time," she says. "I hope that it's clean enough."

Hitomi then walks over to Odin and holds out the puppy to him. It seems to be white with light grey markings and is a boy. "Would you like a puppy?"

Fang grabbed the large kubrow skull and look at it, nodded as he received what he should do to the skull and said: Green stripes and go wild? That shouldn't be any problem for me. Anything else I should think about before I start on the skull? Like what he was like when he was alive? The more detail you give to me, the better will the result be for you two. Fang prepared the brushes and the colors while he waited.

Arthas, Luna and Erida decided to watch when Fang painted on this kubrow skull, since they rarely get a free chance to watch Fang paint skulls. They usually were occupied with other stuff. Like doing missions for an example.

((Is this thread still "open" for new people? If so, can I just hop in? If I can, would someone be able to tell me anything I might need to know before starting (aside from what's in the OP)? Or would it be better if I just found out myself?))

((Is this thread still "open" for new people? If so, can I just hop in? If I can, would someone be able to tell me anything I might need to know before starting (aside from what's in the OP)? Or would it be better if I just found out myself?))

((No go ahead)

Fang grabbed the large kubrow skull and look at it, nodded as he received what he should do to the skull and said: Green stripes and go wild? That shouldn't be any problem for me. Anything else I should think about before I start on the skull? Like what he was like when he was alive? The more detail you give to me, the better will the result be for you two. Fang prepared the brushes and the colors while he waited.

Arthas, Luna and Erida decided to watch when Fang painted on this kubrow skull, since they rarely get a free chance to watch Fang paint skulls. They usually were occupied with other stuff. Like doing missions for an example.

"Well, he was a Sunika but a giant goof ball," Annie said, shrugging slightly. "Had a stuffed Kubrow that he played with that we would have to hide when it was time to go on a mission, he never left it alone. He also liked to walk all over us, sit on us and practically yodel when he was bored. Very loyal animal."

Hitomi added, "if she went on a mission without him he'd pin Mag down and wouldn't let her up until he was down sniffing her to figure out where she'd been."

((Character information contained in the following spoiler))

Name: Larissa

Warframe: Banshee

Weapons: Sheev and Spectra

Appearance:

pdDNDUL.jpg

Tkv09fq.jpg

Notable traits:

-Great with electronics and fixing things

-Ironically, forgets to keep her armor in good condition

-OCD

-Somewhat clumsy and nervous when talking to people

-Dislikes heavy weaponry and swords

-Is blind, and can only see when her helmet is on or when she uses Sonar

-Her Sonar is modified to not be an offensive ability, but instead soley aids in her sight when her helmet is off

Larissa was practicing with her Spectra in one of the practice rooms. As she is about to fire at one of the practice dummies, her damaged helmet's HUD goes offline, leaving her unable to see.

"Agh....not again..." she says to herself. She reaches into her backpack; a Corpus storage container fitted with straps and a resealable lid, and tries to find a replacement power cell for her helmet.

She triggers her mini-Sonar so that she can see inside of her backpack.

"That should last a minute or two....I'm out of energy now though." she thinks.

"Great. All of these batteries are broken."

She stands up, and calls out: "Hello? Is anyone around? I need some help here!"

Annie winced, shaking her head while scratching Pumpkin behind the ears. "Yeah, I hear stories about that happening. Some kubrows get really defensive of their masters. I hear that used to be a problem with some of the war-kubrow breeds. I'm really sorry that it happened."

*Odin steps back unexpectedly, stunned.

"Wait... really?"

*He looks at the Kubrow in shock (In a good way of course), he didn't even expect this at all.

((Sorry for being a little late, school is stressful atm :P ))

Edited by Lonewolf115

*Odin steps back unexpectedly, stunned.

"Wait... really?"

*He looks at the Kubrow in shock (In a good way of course), he didn't even expect this at all.

((Sorry for being a little late, school is stressful atm :P ))

((dude, no worries.))

Hitomi nods. "Really really!"

"Well, he was a Sunika but a giant goof ball," Annie said, shrugging slightly. "Had a stuffed Kubrow that he played with that we would have to hide when it was time to go on a mission, he never left it alone. He also liked to walk all over us, sit on us and practically yodel when he was bored. Very loyal animal."

Hitomi added, "if she went on a mission without him he'd pin Mag down and wouldn't let her up until he was down sniffing her to figure out where she'd been."

Seems to be he was a little too attached to that stuffed kubrow, but what would I know. This information that you two gave me should be suffice for me to get an idea and start with this kubrow skull Fang said and started to paint the easiest part first on the skull; the green stripes, then he would continue with his own imagination.

((Character information contained in the following spoiler))

Name: Larissa

Warframe: Banshee

Weapons: Sheev and Spectra

Appearance:

pdDNDUL.jpg

Tkv09fq.jpg

Notable traits:

-Great with electronics and fixing things

-Ironically, forgets to keep her armor in good condition

-OCD

-Somewhat clumsy and nervous when talking to people

-Dislikes heavy weaponry and swords

-Is blind, and can only see when her helmet is on or when she uses Sonar

-Her Sonar is modified to not be an offensive ability, but instead soley aids in her sight when her helmet is off

Larissa was practicing with her Spectra in one of the practice rooms. As she is about to fire at one of the practice dummies, her damaged helmet's HUD goes offline, leaving her unable to see.

"Agh....not again..." she says to herself. She reaches into her backpack; a Corpus storage container fitted with straps and a resealable lid, and tries to find a replacement power cell for her helmet.

She triggers her mini-Sonar so that she can see inside of her backpack.

"That should last a minute or two....I'm out of energy now though." she thinks.

"Great. All of these batteries are broken."

She stands up, and calls out: "Hello? Is anyone around? I need some help here!"

Arthas thought he heard something closeby, so he stood up and started to walk out of the garden. However, he was stopped by Erida's question to him: Where are you going?

I thought I heard something. I will be back as soon as possible Arthas responded and Erida nodded back to Arthas. Once that was done, Arthas continued to walk towards where he thought he heard the sound. Eventually he found one of the practice rooms, where a Banshee was just standing there, look liked she needed help. Arthas walked toward the Banshee and said: Need any help? You seem to be in trouble from what I can tell.

Seems to be he was a little too attached to that stuffed kubrow, but what would I know. This information that you two gave me should be suffice for me to get an idea and start with this kubrow skull Fang said and started to paint the easiest part first on the skull; the green stripes, then he would continue with his own imagination.

Arthas thought he heard something closeby, so he stood up and started to walk out of the garden. However, he was stopped by Erida's question to him: Where are you going?

I thought I heard something. I will be back as soon as possible Arthas responded and Erida nodded back to Arthas. Once that was done, Arthas continued to walk towards where he thought he heard the sound. Eventually he found one of the practice rooms, where a Banshee was just standing there, look liked she needed help. Arthas walked toward the Banshee and said: Need any help? You seem to be in trouble from what I can tell.

Larissa's Sonar wore off just before the man arrived, rendering her blind.

Waving her hands around in front of her, slowly, to feel around for the man, she said:

"Oh, hello! I was just practicing in here with my Spectra..." She tries to unholster her Spectra to show it to him, but she laid it down next to her helmet when it went out.

"I..uh..can't see. I'm blind, so I can only see with Sonar or through my helmet's HUD. As you can see, my helmet is on the floor, and is not functioning. I'm out of energy for using Sonar, so I can't see a thing!"

She points to various spots on the floor trying to indicate where her helmet is. The helmet is sparking, and very obviously not going to be fixed with a simple power cell swap. Her armor was also gently sparking from a few places, but she couldn't see it.

"I'm normally good at fixing this sort of thing....but I misplaced my tool kit while on a mission, and my spare cells for the helmet seem to all be empty or broken as well. You wouldn't happen to know a mechanic would you?" she asked.

"Oh! Almost forgot. I'm Larissa. Banshee if you couldn't tell. Who are you?"

Larissa's Sonar wore off just before the man arrived, rendering her blind.

Waving her hands around in front of her, slowly, to feel around for the man, she said:

"Oh, hello! I was just practicing in here with my Spectra..." She tries to unholster her Spectra to show it to him, but she laid it down next to her helmet when it went out.

"I..uh..can't see. I'm blind, so I can only see with Sonar or through my helmet's HUD. As you can see, my helmet is on the floor, and is not functioning. I'm out of energy for using Sonar, so I can't see a thing!"

She points to various spots on the floor trying to indicate where her helmet is. The helmet is sparking, and very obviously not going to be fixed with a simple power cell swap. Her armor was also gently sparking from a few places, but she couldn't see it.

"I'm normally good at fixing this sort of thing....but I misplaced my tool kit while on a mission, and my spare cells for the helmet seem to all be empty or broken as well. You wouldn't happen to know a mechanic would you?" she asked.

"Oh! Almost forgot. I'm Larissa. Banshee if you couldn't tell. Who are you?"

Where is my manner, to not tell my name. Ahem; My name is Arthas, one of the friendliest Excalibur you will meet. Well...I could try to fix it, but I'm no near to be an engineer. Don't worry, I won't break it he said and picked up her helmet from the floor, investigating it. He seemed to find the broken piece on her helmet, but it was way out of his reach to fix it. However, he know he couldn't just give up that easily and decided to try anyway. He brought out his own little mechanical repair toolkit and tried with care to fix the problem, looking on a repair manual as he figured out how to fix the problem. After about 3 to 5 minutes managed with his limited knowledge temporarily fix it. He gave the helmet to Larissa and said: I didn't fully repair it, but I managed to give it a temporally way of powering it for now; a small rechargeable battery made by Oxium that will last for 15 minutes and it can only be recharged if you take it out of the helmet and expose it to a bright light. See it as a small solar battery that is somewhat fuel efficient. If I had more knowledge about this kind of stuff, I could have made so that the solar batter would last for an hour.

Where is my manner, to not tell my name. Ahem; My name is Arthas, one of the friendliest Excalibur you will meet. Well...I could try to fix it, but I'm no near to be an engineer. Don't worry, I won't break it he said and picked up her helmet from the floor, investigating it. He seemed to find the broken piece on her helmet, but it was way out of his reach to fix it. However, he know he couldn't just give up that easily and decided to try anyway. He brought out his own little mechanical repair toolkit and tried with care to fix the problem, looking on a repair manual as he figured out how to fix the problem. After about 3 to 5 minutes managed with his limited knowledge temporarily fix it. He gave the helmet to Larissa and said: I didn't fully repair it, but I managed to give it a temporally way of powering it for now; a small rechargeable battery made by Oxium that will last for 15 minutes and it can only be recharged if you take it out of the helmet and expose it to a bright light. See it as a small solar battery that is somewhat fuel efficient. If I had more knowledge about this kind of stuff, I could have made so that the solar batter would last for an hour.

Larissa puts her helmet on and looks at Arthas.

"Whew! Thanks. I'll try to find a more permanent solution to the issue. Do you know any Vaubans? Surely there's a workshop I can repair my helmet with somewhere!"

She notices her armor spark a few times near the waist.

"Oh dear, now that's malfunctioning. Now where did I put my map..."

((dude, no worries.))

Hitomi nods. "Really really!"

*He looks at Hitomi and gives her the biggest, warmest, and most friendly smile.

"Th-thank you.... I would love to take him."

*He sits on the ground for a moment to get his bearings.

Edited by Lonewolf115

(@Wolfman: You my friend have to know who I am talking about. :p)

Belrev practices Martial Arts in the MMA training room. The dark colored Excalibur user flows through holographic projections of Corpus Crewman seamlessly, punching and kicking in a variety of ways. He just came to this Dojo after an extermination mission, that of course went successful.

Belrev retracts his grey and red Excalibur helmet, revealing light tan skin coupled with light red eyes, a scar on the right cheek, and a head of black hair coupled with a few white streaks in the style of the combover. "I need some air." Belrev smirked, before doing a quick but brutal hit to the last Crewman holograph. Exiting the room, Belrev approaches a male Tenno who is nearly identical to him.

"What Celorn." Belrev grunted to the near identical male Tenno, who possesses a black and white immortal skinned Excalibur. The Black and white Excalibur has spiky black and white hair, medium shade red eyes, light tan skin, and a scar on the bridge of his nose. "Cut the crap Bel. Lets get something to eat." Celorn amusingly told his younger brother Belrev, as he pats him on the shoulder. Standing at 6'0 ft, the brothers known as Celorn and Belrev look around slowly.

"Where do we go to eat?" The twins ask at the same time, their contrasting voices loudly moving through the Dojo. As the twins talk, a black and white male Sunika, and a brown striped Female Sunika sit behind the twins. The kubrow pair bark loudly. "Kage! Nipsey! Calm!" Belrev exclaimed to the kubrows, the pair grunting and growling lightly.

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

-snip-

Annie gets up to watch him painting. "...Yah know, I never did learn how to do anything like that," She says, head tilting to the side. Lucifon for his part moves to stick his nose near the table to see what's going on. Pumpkin joins him, curling up by his feet but looking up at the same time.

*He looks at Hitomi and gives her the biggest, warmest, and most friendly smile.

"Th-thank you.... I would love to take him."

*He sits on the ground for a moment to get his bearings.

"Yay!" Hitomi tries to set the pup in his lap. "You're welcome! Like we said, we have more eggs than we know what to do with so I'm glad to find a home for one. I don't know how big he's going to get but I do know that it's a Sahasa."