Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Credit Issue Not Being Fixed Right Away?

tcww

As the game currently stands, the prohibitive nature of the outrageous mod fusion costs prevent players from getting any sense of progression. To make matters worse, they've even ditched the skill tree, which means leveling up does next to nothing in making your character better. Mod drops and pickups are underwhelming. Even catalyst and reactor alerts are underwhelming now because I know I will get almost no mileage out of potatoing anything unless I have millions of credits to sink into mods...

Games like CS and Dota have replay value because of the pvp. In games with no pvp, character progression is probably the biggest factor that drives people to play. My playtime has drastically decreased because right now twiddling my thumbs seem more enjoyable than farming Cronus blueprints for credits.

Is it really that difficult to boost credit drop rates or decrease fusion costs??

As the game currently stands, the prohibitive nature of the outrageous mod fusion costs prevent players from getting any sense of progression. To make matters worse, they've even ditched the skill tree, which means leveling up does next to nothing in making your character better. Mod drops and pickups are underwhelming. Even catalyst and reactor alerts are underwhelming now because I know I will get almost no mileage out of potatoing anything unless I have millions of credits to sink into mods...

Games like CS and Dota have replay value because of the pvp. In games with no pvp, character progression is probably the biggest factor that drives people to play. My playtime has drastically decreased because right now twiddling my thumbs seem more enjoyable than farming Cronus blueprints for credits.

Is it really that difficult to boost credit drop rates or decrease fusion costs??

When their main dev staff get back from PAX and they have to deal with all the steam release bugs and kinks, yes it can take a bit.

Mondays suck.

Edited by G3rman

don't use fusion cores.*

the cost to fuse regular mods are much more reasonable, and you can take advantage of matching polaritys to reduce the cost even more.

it total, costs about 400k to +10 a mod with matching polarity mods. half that for duplicates.

keep in mind that it'll also devour a tremendous amount of mods to do that: 2046 if you're using commons. +10s are long term goals.

more reasonably, a vast majority of mods can be maxed for 12k/24k/37k (varies with rarity) with same-polaritys, because they only go to +5.

(note: rares are a bit less efficent than commons/uncommons for fusing, unless they're duplicates)

(bonus point: shotguns and melee weapons have exactly 0 mods that go past +5)

skills can be maxed with about 11k using other skills, or a mere 5600 with duplicates.

do those still seem so unreachable?

*yeah,they should prolly reduce the cost of cores if they're supposed to be useful.

That's a pretty nice breakdown, Carillon. So I'll only need 2046 duplicates to make a +10, and approximately 64 duplicates to max out a +5 mod? That sounds awesome. The joys of amassing mods seems limitless!

On a more serious note, I'm just worried this is an intended direction they are heading towards. A new player will pretty much be forced to spend money on platinum because he'll either not have enough credits to power up and progress, or not be able to readily acquire new content (gear/frames).

it's 1023 duplicates for a +10, 31 for a +5. (7 for a +3, like skills) the numbers in my previous post are merely for mods with the same polarity.

the reason the quantity is so huge for the +10s is that the stuff required for each rank is double the previous one.

ime, by the time I amass enough stuff to rank up a mod, i've gained more than enough credits to fuse them. the bigger limiter to progression, i think, is getting that first copy of some of the more powerful mods (especially redirection, which appears to be absurdly rare - even from mercury).

That's interesting, especially cos I've gotten all the mods (except for power max) and still hover below 10,000 credits... I think the fusion cores really did a number on me... I don't understand why fusion cores have to be so expensive to fuse...

By leaving it as it is as long as possible they can drain the credits people have saved up... It was easy to make credits before so people have loads left. Logically before implementing a system were it is feasible to play using only credits with a little more time or just Buy using Platinum they need to drain the sheer amount of credits people have saved.

Nt to be mean, but I get on average $10k per defence mission on jupiter. I stop at wave 15. Most of the cards I get are skill cards which sell for 1k each. I typicaly run out of mods to fuse before I run out of money to fuse with.

Same here credits are not really a problem.

pls dont make it to easy to make +10 mods

´+1 its one the things that keeps me playing right now, if it were any easier the game would be over already :)

Edited by Feddy

Is there still a "Credit Issue?"

I just started playing recently and I find it very difficult to make money in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm hoping this is just a beginner issue, but I've unlocked quite a few planets now, so I don't know.