Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Invincible

(PSN)Eneokun

I just did the Kiliken defense mission. I was host, waited for players to join. One guy, let's call him "player x" signed up and the mission started. In between some other guy joined us as well. Everything went fine and there was no lag at all.

After wave 10 the guy, that joined us in between, left the squad and me and "player x", who was in from the start stayed. And now to the point:

From wave 11 to 14 on, right after the decision after wave 10 (claim reward & exit or keep fighting), "player x" was just standing there. He stood at one spot, did not move, did not shoot - did nothing. Nothing special, but he was invincible. He took the aggro of ALL incoming enemies. They kept shooting at him, but he didn't take a scratch.

He remained in this condition until wave 14. Out of sudden he started moving and attacking again, like nothing happened, he even died once.

I was asking myself if this is either a hack, which I could not believe, or a bug. Since I have no idea I wanted to post this here to make sure. It could also be a ping issue, but why didn't it affect me then? Why was he able to take the aggro of over 10 enemies without taking a single hit under full fire 4 waves long. 

Additionally I should mention that he was standing on an open field, not hiding behind an obstacle whatsoever, he took all the shots and melee attacks straight like a boss.

After wave 15 I chose to leave the mission, he chose to keep fighting (which was a very bad idea since he was a rank 0 newbie with a Loki warframe, however).

I didn't want to post the players name, since calling it hacking out of an assumption with no proof could harm him unjustly. If the name will be requested by a staff member, I'll provide it via private message.

But now the question: is this a bug/glitch or some kind of hack or cheat?

Would be new to me if you could use cheats in an online game on a console.

However, never saw this before.

Ive had this happen before update 11 where I was playing on my end but I couldn't kill couldn't open doors pick up drops etc.. but i was moving/shooting on my screen. The other guys in the game said I was just standing in one place on their screen.. Some games it stayed that way but a few times it came out of it.. Dunno if this is the case here as I said its been fixed for me since update 11 but sounds to be the same?

Just a couple thoughts that I have seen before:

a) player was dead but still standing. Not supposed to happen but I have seen reports of walking dead.

b) player was disconnected but the game didn't take their character fully out

a) Could be possible. Though I didn't receive a message about him being downed nor did his life gauge react on damage or possible death.

b) Impossible. Even if he re-joined the game, there should've been a notification about that - or maybe not?

Ive had this happen before update 11 where I was playing on my end but I couldn't kill couldn't open doors pick up drops etc.. but i was moving/shooting on my screen. The other guys in the game said I was just standing in one place on their screen.. Some games it stayed that way but a few times it came out of it.. Dunno if this is the case here as I said its been fixed for me since update 11 but sounds to be the same?

Sounds just like the problem that this guy had. Though I can't really tell for him, if he actually did something, as for he didn't move on my screen.

After your confirmation on this, I would not call it hacking nor cheating. The poor guy got probably stuck or the game screwed up for him.

Edited by (PS4)Eneokun

a) Could be possible. Though I didn't receive a message about him being downed nor did his life gauge react on damage or possible death.

b) Impossible. Even if he re-joined the game, there should've been a notification about that - or maybe not?

Sounds just like the problem that this guy had. Though I can't really tell for him, if he actually did something, as for he didn't move on my screen.

After your confirmation on this, I would not call it hacking nor cheating. The poor guy got probably stuck or the game screwed up for him.

This problem happened to me today. I was moving around and the other players were not. It happened for about 3 minutes. I ran over all pick ups, but got nothing. Until we were all moving. Sounds to me like a lag issue. That's all.

I can confirm this as a bug, where I've come into a similar issue during matches. On my screen I am able to move and shoot (but not damage), couldn't open doors or anything. I could see everyone else just fine. I had to have my team open doors for me (since I had the required vault key), and was able to use my waypoint to tell them that and signal them. We were able to complete the mission, yet my character apparently never left spawn.