Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decoy Or Molt

KoreaNinja

Question

11 answers to this question

Decoy has no health and acts as time related distraction, whereby Molt does have health and acts as a distraction, but upon death, molt does aoe damage. 

Edit: Correction of skill effect

Edited by Ophan

Decoy advantages:

- Can be placed anywhere you're aiming, whereas Molt is plopped down exactly where you're standing. Decoy's free placement + Radial Disarm is great for crowd manipulation, and free placement + Switch Teleport is great for both mobility and getting out of glitches.

- Does not rely on Power Strength. Health is identical to the user's Shield and Health stats.

- Has recovering Shields, whereas Molt is just a straight-up health value.

- Requires 25 energy, versus Molt's 50.

Molt advantages:

- Cannot be moved around by enemies (whereas enemies with knockdown abilities can send Decoys sliding around the floor).

- Explodes into AoE Toxic damage (100% proc) upon destruction.

- Health can be increased by Strength, whereas Decoy is affected by Shield and Health mods (which causes it to suffer if the owner decides to do a low-defenses build).

Edited by SortaRandom

I think Decoy is better. Besides from being cheaper, for tactical reasons.

Because you can cast at a target position, you can place it on unreachable positions by enemies, allowing for strategic use, like funelling enemies in defenses, or like drawing 'aggro' in survivals.

Since Molt is cast at your exact position, there are some things that can be done with Decoy that cannot be done with Molt.

Oh and the damage done by Molt is mediocre. And Molt costs twice more to cast.

Edited by RexSol

Decoy advantages:

- Can be placed anywhere you're aiming, whereas Molt is plopped down exactly where you're standing.

- Does not rely on Power Strength. Health is identical to the user's Shield and Health stats.

- Has recovering Shields, whereas Molt is just a straight-up health value.

Molt advantages:

- Cannot be moved around by enemies (whereas enemies with knockdown abilities can send Decoys sliding around the floor).

- Explodes into AoE Toxic damage (100% proc) upon destruction.

- Health can be increased by Strength, whereas Decoy is affected by Shield and Health mods (which causes it to suffer if the owner decides to do a low-defenses build).

I thought I noticed it gained shields.. was this left out of the patch notes on ascendant?

I thought I noticed it gained shields.. was this left out of the patch notes on ascendant?

I thought it had shields the whole time? The new UI just separates the shield bar from the health bar so it's easier to tell.

I could swear it had a self-recovering blue bar for months and months, unless my memory is mixing it up with my sentinel. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

Decoy is more of a channeling enemies / aggro management tool, as you can place it wherever you want, while Moult is more of an escape tool as it casts instantly without need to point at where you want it.

Moults damage is mediocre except against Corpus, b.c it ignores shields.

Molt advantages:

It doesn't visually move but I've Ancients charge at my Molt and the the Infested go to a spot that is roughly where anyone would land after recieving a blow from an Ancient......

They may swipe at air or not (most of the time in Infested, my Molt is mid-jump so they really can't reach it..) but only Ancients will keep hitting the visual dummy...But not before trying to run where the Molt was presumably "knocked back". It seems to be a pretty cute bug.

Also Molt damage isn't too medoicre unless you're taking out lvl 50s...It's been one shotting Lv30 Ancients on the explosion itself and killing Lv40s with explosion + 2 ticks. It's actually a pretty nice AoE for poisoning stuffs, I have no idea on explosion radius though as I haven't used Saryn outside of Infested as of late...